Cowboys to sign Greg Hardy (Seahawks out)

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I'm of the belief that Rosenhaus (his agent) has been playing up the interest in Hardy from the get go.

A few weeks ago, Shefter and Rapoport were saying there were 6 teams interested in him. This was b.s. and it came from the agent. Teams like the Raiders and Falcons were reportedly interested but they shot it down because it was b.s.

Then you had a report yesterday that it was Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Seattle. It was also reported that he was visiting Seattle after Dallas, but Seattle shot that down yesterday. Where are these reports coming from? Duh, the agent.

Even today, the idea that it is down to Tampa and Dallas is most likely b.s. I'm guessing the Bucs aren't ready to put an offer on the table, but Rosenhaus is trying to get a deal done.

I think Seattle had some interest, but wasn't going to do anything until they found out how long Hardy is going to be suspended. this season.

The only team with real interest is the Cowboys, and I'll be surprised if the offer is any good.

This is all Rosenhaus doing way more than the usual bsing about interest in his client because interest is weak, and the only offer he is going to get is going to be a low one. I'm sure Hardy is frustrated by it too. He's probably close to broke. He had to pay lawyers and pay off this girl. I bet you any money his millions have quickly evaporated.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
olyfan63":260w9w9v said:
HawkAroundTheClock":260w9w9v said:
Largent80":260w9w9v said:
I agree with Titan31. I have seen so much in all of my years. Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do?
If I were accused of something I didn't do I would not pay the alleged victim to avoid a trial. A fair hearing would exonerate me and I'd sue the alleged victim for court costs, damages (lost wages, or potential wages), defamation, harassment, etc.

Sorry, but if you really believe you'd have a shot at "a fair hearing" and "recovering court costs" for a female false accuser, you are living in an alternate reality.

What did the falsely accused Duke Lacrosse young men ever receive from their false accuser? Zippo, zilch, nada. And what criminal charges did this false accuser face for the false accusations? Same answer.

You might want to read the article I posted a link to earlier in the thread about how it took 5 false allegations of rape by a woman to finally wind up getting a 2-year jail sentence.

And this Nicole Holder chick is a waitress, not likely to have any coin to pay anyone a cent, other than whatever payoff she may have gotten from Hardy to help her decide to just go away. Truth is, we don't know IF Hardy paid her, and if yes, how much.

Your concept of this scenario, the concept you are arguing from, is simply out of touch with the ugly reality of the situation.

Am I claiming Hardy is a saint? No, it's entirely possible when the coked up chick freaked out and started hitting him and screaming at him and breaking things, that Hardy may have momentarily done something dumb, out of self-defense. As others have pointed out, the only thing a smart guy does is get the hell away from the psychobitch, get witnesses, take video of her going psycho, etc.

Oh yes, and the problem YOU would have if it were YOU in "a fair trial" is that you seem to be one of those Boy Scouts that put all women on a pedestal and would be easy for a clever Borderline sociopath to fool. I submit that if you were falsely accused by one of these monsters, you wouldn't want your clone on the jury. Some people just cannot wrap their head around the fact there are some extremely evil women (men have no monopoly on this), who can present a normal, sympathy-invoking persona to fool the public while turning the screws to the male victim of their false allegations.
Fair enough about the problems with the legal system. I'm aware that it works both ways. It's tough for men who are falsely accused, and it's tough for women who do get raped and assaulted to get justice. Cases of the latter are too innumerable to begin listing. Both are wrong. It's not a competition between how many "psychobitches" and how many abusive, rapist men are out there. If we were talking about the Seahawks signing Nicole Holder I would have the same reservations I have with Hardy – neither are smart enough to avoid a terrible situation and both are potentially evil sociopaths.

On that tip, I'd bet a clever sociopath could fool just about anyone for a little while. And since I've encountered a few sketchy folks over the years but have never been trapped by one or drawn into any hazardous situations, I like to think I'm not one of those people who can't wrap their head around the realities of evil people. Apparently, Greg Hardy is a good example of those people you describe.

I am a lot of things but I was never a Boy Scout. I'm about mutual respect and treating everyone as a whole-person individual. I don't put women on a pedestal. I believe males and females are equal, but I see how it looks like elevation when one common perception is that women are less-than to begin with. So that's it regarding my take. Now back to the topic at hand, which is the Seahawks are not signing Greg Hardy...

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Bid against himself? Not much room left in that mirror after he gets done admiring himself everyday

I would love nothing better than to read that the Cowboys got Hardy AFTER a kong negotiation, and the costs were heavy, then have it come out that ONLY Boys betting againstselves, that would be just about the capper of his "hands on management guru style!!!!

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3jz4fp89 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578246585076834304[/tweet]

Or in other words

Hardy's Agent says nobody else wants him so I guess he's going to take whatever the Cowboys offered. Thanks for playing

kidhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/578282253656174592[/tweet]

Looks like the gambit worked. Hardy is getting PAID

HawkFan72

Reaction score
That's a lot of coin. Now we know why the Seahawks bowed out. They were likely looking for a Bennett deal from 2013.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578280570133835776[/tweet]

I wonder if this will be prorated based on his suspension or if he will make this much regardless.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578285263761383424[/tweet]

Smart of him to get that.

Contract details:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578283949362937856[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good Lord that's a LOT of money! I hope Dallas protected themselves es if Hardy gets in trouble again.

I can see it now "Dez Bryant and Greg Hardy arrested for...."

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
That's potentially $8m more than I thought he'd get, and more than he's worth regardless of character concerns imo. Waydago Jerruh!

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1xfdvb4a said:
That's a lot of coin. Now we know why the Seahawks bowed out. They were likely looking for a Bennett deal from 2013.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/578280570133835776[/tweet]

Unreal. Over $26 mil for less than a year of work. Out 17 games last year and likely more. $$$

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
So according to spotrac, he's only counting about 2-3m against the cap for the cowboys, how is that so if his total contract is 1yr and worth 11m and up to 13m? The game day roster incentive bonuses don't count against the cap? Only base salary + sack incentives? Anyone care to explain?

Hyak

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":34bcbwkl said:
So according to spotrac, he's only counting about 2-3m against the cap for the cowboys, how is that so if his total contract is 1yr and worth 11m and up to 13m? The game day roster incentive bonuses don't count against the cap? Only base salary + sack incentives? Anyone care to explain?

The base salary, workout bonus, and the first game roster bonus count. Everything from week 2 on is a Not Likely To be Earned Incentive, which is based on what he did in 2014 (played 1 game).

If he earns the NLTBE bonuses, they will apply to the 2016 cap. So his 2015 cap number is $ 2.64 M yet he can make $ 11.6 M - $ 13.1 M.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
JTB":3skr9lpw said:
dontbelikethat":3skr9lpw said:

The base salary, workout bonus, and the first game roster bonus count. Everything from week 2 on is a Not Likely To be Earned Incentive, which is based on what he did in 2014 (played 1 game).

If he earns the NLTBE bonuses, they will apply to the 2016 cap.

Yup, thanks, someone else also just explained it to me. It makes sense since they don't know what he'll earn on the NLTBE bonuses.

EDIT:

Someone also just explained this:

His cap hit will/could increase over the course of the season. NTLBE incentives, that are paid out before the end of the year, count against the cap when they are paid per the CBA section on per game/snap bonuses.

If he's paid after each game, his cap hit will go up $573,438 per game played. Depending on the amount of games played, that could force the Cowboys into a corresponding cap move for this year. Not sure where Dallas' cap currently stands.

His likely suspension probably ends that necessity though.

Hyak

Reaction score
Kudos to the NLTBE loophole. The fact he was suspended for almost all of 2014 allowed this to happen.

That said, that's a lot of coin to carryover into the next year. I don't think JS would ever structure a deal like that.