SonicHawk":13m5ulb8 said:
This is for you RoRo.

CDoFmZl

I really really like this one. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

DesiHawk

Reaction score
First post here... :2: Hello all...

I have already sent these to Mark. Wanted to keep them as simple and clean as possible. Hope you guys like them.
Let me know which one you prefer and why.

25q3jar

Nv4d2d

go hawks...

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Great first post, Desi.

Creativity reigns here!

Crizilla

Reaction score
no over use of drop shadows and/or bevels. Really outdated.

-former graphic designer (into programming now)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice job Desi! As Crizilla said, try to limit drop shadows and bevels as they are indeed outdated (so says the master of drop shadows and bevels). This is why I conceded entering...My style is outdated when it comes to .NET aesthetics. Vector-type logos are much better these days.

I like the simplicity of the first one. The logo/badge on the left is quite good. I love the SBXLVIII association and the use of the eye I have always been fond of. I would increase the font size of SEAHAWKS.NET, and the 12 isn't working as a stand alone for me personally. The second one isn't bad but seems too cluttered/busy with the left logo and you can't use the entire Seahawks logo without running into TM issues with NFL Properties. Just my constructive comments. Overall, good job!

DesiHawk

Reaction score
Crizilla":1wqj2ukv said:
no over use of drop shadows and/or bevels. Really outdated.
Aros":1wqj2ukv said:
try to limit drop shadows and bevels as they are indeed outdated... and the 12 isn't working as a stand alone for me personally

thanks for your suggestions guys. Cleaned it a bit...

2ch8in5

Laloosh

Reaction score
DesiHawk":36p2ccd9 said:
First post here... :2: Hello all...

I have already sent these to Mark. Wanted to keep them as simple and clean as possible. Hope you guys like them.
Let me know which one you prefer and why.

25q3jar

Nv4d2d

go hawks...

That first one is just... Bad, ass!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Desihawk,
On the top one ....The Legion of 12s Community.....
Just a suggestion.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Desi, is that badge logo on the first design yours? It's quite nice and I would love that element in the new header somehow...

DesiHawk

Reaction score
Aros":20bfr4b6 said:
Desi, is that badge logo on the first design yours? It's quite nice and I would love that element in the new header somehow...

Hi Aros,

Sorry the logo is not my original work.
The logo is from these guys @ http://www.decalsextremeonline.com/

I brought the decal from them for my mac and liked it a lot. So I used this here after sending a mail to them asking for permission to use it in this project.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good on ya for getting permission. :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":33xl9kn7 said:
My entry, for the trendy flat designers of the world.

Gsgox1V

---- a few design updates to the site with this logo on top :) http://i.imgur.com/33wdElV.jpg ----
Sonic I think you have the right ideas in yours but just need to piece it together better..Maybe experiment with different background colors..I think all are good but of course experience will stand out more..I wish I had a clue how to do this myself..Good luck guys- don't give up..

Omahawk

Reaction score
What I will say about Embattle's design is that the font that is towards the bottom needs to probably change. That looks like a free download font that is supposed to be a knockoff of a metal band's logo. I can't think right now which band though it is that uses that typeface style. Slayer maybe. Also, there appears to be a ring on the talon. I like that. Subtle imagery yet very powerful meaning. The problem though is that it looks like a wedding band. I realize that if you made it look like a Super Bowl ring, then it might distract from the overall design. You want to keep it as simple as possible in my opinion. That's something that SonicHawk is doing and it's working very well for him. Less is more. I also really love the city skyline, especially the space needle. I don't care if all of the buildings are true to scale or even if they are actual Seattle buildings. It just works. The main font is a big improvement over what you previously had. I'm not a big fan of those distressed or broken fonts, some people call them "grunge" fonts. Personal preference. I'm probably outnumbered here so I won't say any more about that. I think what you've done with it is working very well. I will say this: the green eyeball and the way that you approached the dot in the .net is perfect. Overall, I think what you have is very good. That slayer font bugs me badly. I think if you fix that, you've got a good chance.
I'm still thinking about HawkNBalls' entry. It's needs less work before it's final, I will say that. Again we have lot going on. I'll refer to SonicHawk's design again and suggest that it might be nice if we could see a little bit less designing, if that makes sense. I really like to keep things simple. But HawkNBalls definitely has something going on. It's more refined as of now. I think it's going to be a tight race.
Sonic, on yours, maybe see what happens if we can make the eye smaller on the left and the Lombardi a little bit larger on the right. It might be nice if you simplified the trophy too. Instead of borrowing the actual logo, just do a vector 2-color illustration of it. Use the same style to create a graphic of a Lombardi as you used on the eye graphic on the right. Balance those two elements out a bit and you've got something. I don't think you even need to keep the lettering. Also, I'm not sure that 12s needs an apostrophe. I could be wrong. Might be worth it to look into that. To me, it seems like an apostrophe is only needed when it's a contraction or when it's posessive. Kind of like CDs and DVDs I don't think should have an apostrophe. Technicalities. But sometimes those can make or break a design. I'm not suggesting that I'm right. I'm saying I don't know what's right. If it turns out that it's fine the way it is, that's my bad. I don't mind eating crow. It's a lot like Raven.
Aros, are you going to enter something?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think the apostrophe is needed.

Thanks for the input. I hadn't spent much time on it after I posted because there were so many great entries ;).

Still looking for an Aros entry.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I won't write a novel this time, promise. For Embattle, maybe bring down the size of the Space Needle a little bit. The scale bugs me compared to the rest of the buildings. Looks like that cityscape is tied to the font. Both the S and the A use the same image, just repeated. However, you might've used the F instead of the E for the .net? Now that I see that, I'm wondering if you should do something so that the E in .net actually looks like an E. People who aren't familiar with our site might read that as .nft. I am sorry if I am coming across as rude, I promise I'm only trying to help.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I took myself out of the contest because I've been so close to the aesthetics, having been the sole designer of .NET for it's history, I thought it was best to let a fresh design takeover for the new era. Sometimes when you are so close to a project, you need that outside perspective to move the project forward. I think this applies. I am excited by the entries I've seen so far! I think Mark has a decision to make soon!

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Cheers for the thoughts Omahawk I don't think you're being rude at all constructive critisism is always welcome. Are you a designer? I am not so its all taken onboard but entries have closed I think and have submitted a design similar but changed the shape of the rip marks and the eye which was Aros' idea which I think came out better. I cant take credit for the city skyline font as you mentioned in your second post its part of the font so I know the space needle is far to large. The ring totally looked like a wedding ring but was hard to draw up anything resembling a SB ring when it was reduced down. Funny how it takes someone elses eye for you to see your creation a totally different way, like the E looking like an F. I didn't even think of using an F just chopped the bottom of the E and recreated the skyline, but now I look it does look like NFT. All apreciated never the less.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's a pretty designery design for not being a designer! ;)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anybody who is thinking about adding to the competition you better do so fast! I believe the final votes will be very soon! Good luck!