Contest For New .NET Header Graphic

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":6diemki7 said:
NFSeahawks628":6diemki7 said:
I personally think Aros and now from what I seen HawkNBalls should be the two selections, or the ones doing the desigins. I like the chrome look even though you kill it too much sometimes Aros. HawkNBalls graphic looks good, maybe add some more flair, idk just giving me designer input.

Laloosh gets a weekend nomintation or maybe gameday, I think it would be incredibly outstanding to have that up on Sundays, make it happen mods.

yeah I thought about trying to incorporate something like this but I was worried about it being too busy. The wings I would need to redo, they are from a stock graphic library that i'm not sure we could use (not sure if this site makes any sort of profit, if not then it would be fine but i could also create something original and similar)

1gc4y5e

would look like this on the top

324pqxv

I really like this one.

Guardian

Reaction score
Hawknballs":167fl0u1 said:
I thought about trying to incorporate something like this but I was worried about it being too busy. The wings I would need to redo, they are from a stock graphic library that i'm not sure we could use (not sure if this site makes any sort of profit, if not then it would be fine but i could also create something original and similar)

1gc4y5e

would look like this on the top

324pqxv

I like where you're going with the wing background, jazzes it up a bit. It gave me an idea that I'd like to throw out there.

238bid

I'm picturing this as the background, maybe fading towards transparent around the edges, or maybe making it indent on the blue background. (Yes, I like to suggest indenting a lot. I know, I know. :mrgreen: )

Or in green, so white lettering may be more visible.

2emoti1

Or even some fun with shadow and light for more poppiness.

67s0zk

2rpqpoj

Just throwing different ideas around.

Edit: Threw this together really quick.

Bfrn8h

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":31ytlzm0 said:
Just a random thought, I've always loved the background on this pic:

Seahawks_by_Natemz.jpg
That is just a sharp picture. If that design and background including the dot pattern could be incorporated into the design that would be he winner in my eyes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3u8pwh0s said:
Hawknballs":3u8pwh0s said:
NFSeahawks628":3u8pwh0s said:
I personally think Aros and now from what I seen HawkNBalls should be the two selections, or the ones doing the desigins. I like the chrome look even though you kill it too much sometimes Aros. HawkNBalls graphic looks good, maybe add some more flair, idk just giving me designer input.

Laloosh gets a weekend nomintation or maybe gameday, I think it would be incredibly outstanding to have that up on Sundays, make it happen mods.

yeah I thought about trying to incorporate something like this but I was worried about it being too busy. The wings I would need to redo, they are from a stock graphic library that i'm not sure we could use (not sure if this site makes any sort of profit, if not then it would be fine but i could also create something original and similar)

1gc4y5e

would look like this on the top.

324pqxv

I really like this one.
I like it too. Gotta blend the Lombardi trophy in there somewhere though.

I wish I had the artistic talent/mind to do things like this, unfortunately I have the artistic talent of a table leg. :(

Keep em coming folks.

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
Not a graphic designer so not too good with typography, fonts and what not but had this in mind when I started and it turned out not bad. By the time I had the Seahawk drawn up and placed in the title Hawknballs had his up which I think suits the existing site really well whilst being true to the new identity. I stole the placement of the taglines off of his to be honest but tried to come up with something different although not sold on them yet. I like having a go at these things and to see the creativity of others. Cheers

sitelogo_small.png

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":230z37bg said:
That is just a sharp picture. If that design and background including the dot pattern could be incorporated into the design that would be he winner in my eyes.
Yep. I've been using it for the background on my phone for like two years, possibly more. Some dude called Natemz made it, found it on Google Images.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn fellas, I am proud! Hawknballs your logo is leading the charge IMO. Love the overall look and feel. Sonic, your entry is very, very good. I love the simplicity but strong aesthetic. Guardian is spot on though. We need to incorporate that ubiquitous feather pattern into the logo. I love the idea of that being a subtle background that fades.

GREAT job boys! Keep em coming!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh, on the logo, the team or the NFL doesn't seem to mind if we are using the eye portion of the logo. Hell, they might not even care if we use the entire logo but no need to to push the envelope. After all these years they know we are a popular fan site, not some greedy merchant trying to make a quick buck off NFL trademarks.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":31el8mmd said:
Not a graphic designer so not too good with typography, fonts and what not but had this in mind when I started and it turned out not bad. By the time I had the Seahawk drawn up and placed in the title Hawknballs had his up which I think suits the existing site really well whilst being true to the new identity. I stole the placement of the taglines off of his to be honest but tried to come up with something different although not sold on them yet. I like having a go at these things and to see the creativity of others. Cheers

sitelogo_small.png

This is pretty cool! Good work.

Birdfinger

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":xi4gshob said:
EmbattleTheeHawks":xi4gshob said:
Thanks man tweaked it a smidge think it looks better

sitelogo_small.png

Something about this whispers "zombie invasion!" to me. It's cool as hell, but I don't know as it's quite right for the top o' the forum.

True it does. Cool none the less. The term XII Legion has been growing on me too. The 12th Man is a legion of fans...

Personally and selfishly I'd like to get away from 12th Man so the Texas a&m fans stop griping... but I do live in Texas.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Laloosh":3uk4nmpv said:
I don't want to make any of the previous contributors feel insecure but I think I've got this locked up...

I totally vote for Laloosh's banner once a year on April Fools day.

For the rest of the year, i prefer Hawknballs. Its more professional and i do rsther like the term stronghold.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
EmbattleTheeHawks":3576izfx said:
Thanks man tweaked it a smidge think it looks better

sitelogo_small.png

That looks pretty cool, the only thing I think it could use is making the slashed out area stand out more - it looks awesome but has a hard time reading as a W; maybe instead of making it dark/shadowed, maybe there is green light emanating out of it so that it's brighter like the other letters but still feels like it's peeking out from behind an area that's been slashed open?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very cool Embattle...I would curve the claw rips inward at the base just a little more to show it's a W (even though we know it's implied)...If the eye could somehow look even more like the Hawk logo eye...The font of the tagline seems a little distracting for some reason...This is just nit-picky stuff...Overall I really like the look and feel. I especially like how you added the distressed and city skyline to the main font. Good job!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Right now it appears to be a two-man competition!