Confirmed, Chris Clemmons does have a Torn ACL

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well this sucks............anyways, heal up soon Clem. Thanks for the heart and effort you gave this year. Time for Bruce to show up big time!

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
This makes me so angry , before the game started I told my Brother , who watched his teams best player go down at Fed Ex field last year ( Adrian Peterson), that someone is bound to get hurt with this crappy field conditions.

thats exactly what happened. RG3 and Clemons got hurt in a direct result of the grass. so upsetting. Cant imagine how Clemons feels but hopefully he will be alright.

potatohead

Reaction score
Bad news. CC was one of my favorites, I hope he comes back with guns blazing next season

sc85sis

Reaction score
CANHawk":1emunfb1 said:
Largent80":1emunfb1 said:
So, besides Edwards, what are our options?

Well the fact that Scruggs will be the new "Raheem Brock" goes without saying, but that's it for depth on the roster for speed rushers. I imagine we could probably press Allan Bradford into service as a hand in the dirt rusher if needed. Is Korey Toomer still in the system? I bet he could fill in as a speed rusher as well.

But yeah... the cupbord is looking pretty thin for "Leo's" after Scruggs, so I really hope they bring in Edwards to help round out the rotation.
AB is a RB/LB. I don't think he's ever played on the line. He's not all that fast either.

SE174

Reaction score
I wonder if this increases the likelihood we go after Osi Umenyiora in the offseason. He's likely gone from NYG.

CANHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":22t3ts9c said:
CANHawk":22t3ts9c said:
Largent80":22t3ts9c said:
So, besides Edwards, what are our options?

Well the fact that Scruggs will be the new "Raheem Brock" goes without saying, but that's it for depth on the roster for speed rushers. I imagine we could probably press Allan Bradford into service as a hand in the dirt rusher if needed. Is Korey Toomer still in the system? I bet he could fill in as a speed rusher as well.

But yeah... the cupbord is looking pretty thin for "Leo's" after Scruggs, so I really hope they bring in Edwards to help round out the rotation.
AB is a RB/LB. I don't think he's ever played on the line. He's not all that fast either.

yeah... I know. But he's really the only one left on the active roster that fits the mould (short of sticking KJ Wright or LeRoy Hill in there). That's why I'm REALLY hoping to hear an announcement that we signed Ray Edwards. Even if he just sits on the bench as a spare tire, at least we'll have a spare tire. With Clem going on IR, we wouldn't even need to clear any roster space.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I knew it, was just hoping against hope it wasn't torn. Makes me so pissed that POS field took out our best pass rusher. Hopefully Red can get back to beasting on the strong side and Scruggs, Irvin, and Mebane step up.

chawx

Reaction score
'round these parts out in Utah... If I were injured like that on that shitty thing they call a "field" in Washington, I'd call Siegfried & Jensen and sue Dan Snyder's ass for putting my career at risk like that!!

jman316

Reaction score
What's crazy is that Clemons tore his ACL in 2004 while playing for the REDSKINS!

This isn't the first time that craptastic field has gotten him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Just so pissed right now. That field claimed Adrian Petersen, RG3, Clem and Haushka now. Those are just the ones I know about. Time for the league to act!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hopefully, Kearly is right and this forces Carroll and Bradley to get serious about bringing extra pressure. Carroll's m.o. has allowed for very little blitzing, probably in the interest of not giving up the big play--but when the 'Hawks have blitzed, it's been successful.

I don't see any easy fix for this. Edwards is meh. Hell, Dexter Davis would probably be a better option if he wasn't on the reserved/injured list.

Most likely, some combination of Scruggs and Jaye Howard will fill in. I know that you cannot give Ryan all day to throw it with those receivers.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Put Lane out at SS, and bring Kam Chancellor in as an edge rusher (both sides floating option). Fixed. Your welcome.