Prepare for a Seahawk screwjob

Mizak

Reaction score

NFL officiating under scrutiny after Seahawks-Rams controversy​

Even the NFL's competition committee is aware of what one source described to ESPN "as the worst officiated game of the year."

Another team executive not associated with either the Rams or Lions told ESPN there is "a real groundswell of unhappiness with officiating that is much deeper than I've seen and frankly, I haven't seen in this league in years."

Multiple sources told ESPN that the Rams were upset by the officiating, the Lions were bothered by it and the competition committee was frustrated by it. The calls benefited the Seahawks, hurt the Rams and ultimately impacted the Lions, who needed Seattle to lose in order to have a chance to claim the NFC's final wild-card spot.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
We definitely got some favorable calls in that game... but that's the benefit of being the home team.

I started watching the NFL over 60 years ago (in B/W and only AWAY games were televised locally) and favorable home team officiating been happening for decades.

Let's hope it stops today. LOL

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The best way to handle poor officiating is to do it more? When you’re on the freeway and there’s a cop in the next lane, and you have a bunch of tickets already, the strategy isn’t to speed more. You get cautious and don’t call attention to yourself. I think this will have the opposite effect.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The Rams & Lions didn't like the outcome of our game? well, here's a TIP that I learned about sh*tty Officiating, right here on SEAHAWKS.NET "Remove the Possibilities of bad calls by simply PLAYING BETTER, AND VOILA!!! (or is that viola?)
The Officials steering games to gain more viewership??? Bah!, how absurd.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't know if it rises to the level that's suggested in the article, but there is no doubt whatsoever that we were huge beneficiaries of some major gaffes at critical junctures in the game, the most egregious and impactful being the running into the punter penalty that gave us a first down instead of punting from our own 21.

The explanation for that call was that the ref that made it wasn't in a position to see that the player was blocked into the punter, but that's a lame excuse. Both of Dickson's feet were on the ground and the player barely touched him. Even if the player wasn't blocked into him, it shouldn't have been called.

I don't understand why in situations like this one the booth can't buzz the crew chief and tell them to pick up the flag. That would have been the fix for the PI no call in the Saints-Rams NFCCG a few years back.

strohmin

Reaction score
Only when the seahawks get even remotely favorable calls for a single game does the nfl decide that officiating is horrific. NFL is such a POS crap league now. I cant even be interested in watching any other team other than the hawks.

keasley45

Reaction score
What about the non roughing call on the tackle of Geno out of bounds against the 9ers. He was brought down beyond the white boundary. No flag. Justification- the tackle started in bounds. BS.

Or the OPI against Metcalf.

Or the false start against Blythe for basically breathing...

cymatica

Reaction score
Death
Taxes
Media meltdown if any call favors Seattle

Ruminator

Reaction score
Gosh! Excuse us if we're not always playing the role of the Washington Generals like we're apparently supposed to!

James in PA

Reaction score
Only when the seahawks get even remotely favorable calls for a single game does the nfl decide that officiating is horrific. NFL is such a POS crap league now. I cant even be interested in watching any other team other than the hawks.
This! Was about to post the same thing. Where are these nation articles/outrage when the Seattle Seahawks are on the receiving end of an officiating screw job?! We wouldn't have even have been in that position if the crooked refs had done their jobs correctly in the Raiders game. Saints game too. So sick of this crap.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There were some bad calls, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as the officiating in a couple of the Hawks other games this year, especially against New Orleans.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Yeah thats the thing. It's not just the officiating. The way they react, overreact, shift blame, etc all awhile keeping the crap officiating hush hush. Back in the day fans would boycott and make their voices heard but people dont anymore except some tweeters online (who cares). It's the most swayed league in all of sports. The thing is ....it isn't new. Seahawks got screwed in NY against the Jets in what 1999? Got screwed by refs in 2005 superbowl. If it wasn't for the super team that was so powerful the league couldnt hold back Pete and John built they'd still be a ringless team. The reason that article rubbed me the wrong way because everyone knows the refs have been crap for years yet the tone and word choice for that article acted like its brand new. LMAO. Absolute trash. IF youre a subscriber to ESPN you should be ashamed.

cymatica

Reaction score
This! Was about to post the same thing. Where are these nation articles/outrage when the Seattle Seahawks are on the receiving end of an officiating screw job?! We wouldn't have even have been in that position if the crooked refs had done their jobs correctly in the Raiders game. Saints game too. So sick of this crap.
Didn't hear anything from the media after the Saints game. Even Lockett pointed out the 1 sided officials and that's the last player I expected that from.

acctingman

Reaction score
By screw job if you mean the lack of talent on the Hawks, then yes....

TIMD

Reaction score
By screw job if you mean the lack of talent on the Hawks, then yes....
You can't say things like that here or on any Seattle sports forum. Every player on every Seattle team is great, even though Seattle teams mysteriously never win championships. If you address the obvious lack of talent compared to legitimate championship contenders, the Blind Homers in these forums attack you. Gutless at that, because they know they wouldn't say it in person. How about that Hawks/Niners game today? Clearly obvious compared to Santa Clara, the Hawks are short at least 2 legit impact players on each side of the ball, especially defense. Santa Clara's defense is miles ahead of Seattle. Hawkbowler of course doesn't agree. Rah Rah Ciss Boom Bah....