Commanders fire Eric Bieniemy

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Ryan Grubb, please. Let's build this staff with younger guys who are talented, eager to prove themselves, and willing to adapt.

BASF

Reaction score
Quinn knows that the running game is very important to winning. Bieniemy called the lowest rushing attempts this decade, which for a former running back is very weird. It was like he was out to prove that he could call a better passing game than his former mentor. Didn't quite work out. Not interested in having him on our staff.

renofox

Reaction score
He went to Washington to get out of Reid's shadow and show the world that he's ready to be a head coach. Now he's not even wanted as a coordinator.
There are now rumors floating that he was actually pseudo-fired from KC.

"Find another job ASAP so we don't have to fire you" kind of thing.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I feel like there’s no one in the league with more dissonance between what fans think about and how teams feel about him than Bieniemy. He’s been tossed around from team to team, going from a potential head coaching candidate to no one wanting him as a coordinator. And yet I feel like fans are still clamoring for him. (Although that may be dying down now)

As my granddad would say. Something’s rotten in Denmark.

Parallax

Reaction score
I feel like there’s no one in the league with more dissonance between what fans think about and how teams feel about him than Bieniemy. He’s been tossed around from team to team, going from a potential head coaching candidate to no one wanting him as a coordinator. And yet I feel like fans are still clamoring for him. (Although that may be dying down now)

As my granddad would say. Something’s rotten in Denmark.
Similar to the many pundits and fans calling for Seattle to hire Quinn. That would have been a recipe for more of the same. Continued mediocrity. We may hit or miss with Macdonald and his assistants but I love that we're going for it.