So many candidates to pick from, buyers' market?

toffee

Reaction score
Only two teams, Hawks and Commanders, still haven't hire a HC. There are so many candidates, are we in a buyers' market now? Hawks ought to be a desirable destination, Jody is hands off, Schneider has good reputation; our offense needs OL help otherwise quite loaded. Our defense, ok that needs work. (* interviewed)

DC background
  1. Dan Quinn *
  2. Mike Macdonald
  3. Mike Vrabel*
  4. Bill Bellicheck
  5. Patrick Graham*
  6. Ejiro Evero*

OC background
  1. Ben Johnson*
  2. Mike Kafka*
  3. Frank Smith*
  4. Bobby Slowik
  5. Eric Bieniemy Jr.

Combo deal
  1. Quinn + Chip Kelly
  2. Bellicheck + McDaniel

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
Not sure if Jody being hands off is the selling point it sounds like... Most of these coaches are fairly young and will probably sign a decent length contract...

Might be a scary proposition when you don't know who the next owner might be

fenderbender123

Reaction score
It's a wash.

If there are lots of coaches getting fired, then there's a lot of candidates. However, it's canceled out by the fact there are more teams without a head coach competing for those candidates.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I only see 3 candidates on that list I like. The rest are either too soon coaches or guys where they have or are getting passed on for multiple reasons.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I only see 3 candidates on that list I like. The rest are either too soon coaches or guys where they have or are getting passed on for multiple reasons.
Macdonald, Johnson and who would be the other guy ?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Yes. But if the Ravens win on Sunday, then they have to wait until after the Super Bowl to talk to him.
Umm, feels like schneider is waiting. Maybe Schneider has an 'understanding' with MacDonald's agent?

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm starting to lean towards a combo deal, and I have no idea if these guys would work together?
1 MacDonald HC - Kafka OC (assis. HC)
2 Johnson HC - Evero DC (assis. HC)

Fade

Reaction score
Schneider and the front office are doing cartwheels as we speak.

keasley45

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is gone. Shane Waldron is gone...

...Clint Hurtt is still here.
I think saying he's still here is a bit generous. It's like a hotel guest still being in the room after checkout. You can technically stay until the cleaning room / management comes to turn the room over and kicks you out. Is he 'here'? Sure. A welcomed guest? Me thinks not.

And its more a statement on him and his ability that he's not caught on with anyone else yet. Haven't even heard of anyone asking to interview him... for anything.

Hurtts, to be sure.

xray

Reaction score
JS can't miss on this . The folks that thought that he should of been fired along with PC have their popcorn ready . He is definitely losing sleep over this .