So many candidates to pick from, buyers' market?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Not sure if Jody being hands off is the selling point it sounds like... Most of these coaches are fairly young and will probably sign a decent length contract...

Might be a scary proposition when you don't know who the next owner might be
The next owner probably will not be for many years. That isn't a consideration for the coach.

flv2

Reaction score
Quite sure that he will not be our DC for next season.
I agree, but I would have had Hurtt as a prohibitive odds-on favourite to be the 1st of the 3, (or only 1 of the 3), to be first out of the door.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I think saying he's still here is a bit generous. It's like a hotel guest still being in the room after checkout. You can technically stay until the cleaning room / management comes to turn the room over and kicks you out. Is he 'here'? Sure. A welcomed guest? Me thinks not.

And its more a statement on him and his ability that he's not caught on with anyone else yet. Haven't even heard of anyone asking to interview him... for anything.

Hurtts, to be sure.
Aren’t coaches employed through the League Year? If that’s the case they’re employees up to 3/13 unless expressly released.

Think from what I’ve seen, they’ve been granted permission to seek other roles, but not straight out released. I’d assume that’s the friendly way to do it that maintains their league tenure, benefit, etc.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
JS can't miss on this . The folks that thought that he should of been fired along with PC have their popcorn ready . He is definitely losing sleep over this .
Schneider is waiting for someone from one of four last standing teams?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am "interviewing" MacDonald and Johnson today! Hopefully 12s will get to have 2nd interview in two weeks time when Raven meets Lions in Superbowl.

bigcc

Reaction score
I hope he'll do what DeMeco Ryans does and continue to act as DC as well.
Texans still have a DC (matt Burke)

Even when coaches call plays on one side of the ball they USUALLY have a full coordinator to help.

Belicheck and shanahan aren't the norm. And typically that just means that the duties of what would be a coordinator who doesn't call plays, is split amongst the rest of the assistants (your guess is as good as mine why they opt for doing it like this)

I would guess (hunch, nothing to back it on), that they'd both call their respective side of expertise, but have a coordinator underneath them, probably someone they'd promote from their current team

Tbh, if either weren't going to be calling plays on their side of the ball, my excitement around the two would drop Heavily, same for if they didn't get a coordinator to help on that side.... They both only have two years of coordinator experience in the nfl and zero HC experience at any level

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Just for fun, to complete the package:
  1. If we hire MacDonald, who would be your dream OC?
  2. If we hire Johnson, who would be your dream DC?
I don't think having MacDonald and Johnson would be possible, do you?

renofox

Reaction score
Just for fun, to complete the package:
  1. If we hire MacDonald, who would be your dream OC?
  2. If we hire Johnson, who would be your dream DC?
I don't think having MacDonald and Johnson would be possible, do you?
1. Shanny. You did say dream, right? Realistically, Kafka as he has experience and actually made a team with no talent look decent for a year while working for a deranged HC.

2. Vrabel. Very experienced and the right attitude. Well respected by players and his players leave it all on the field.

Nope. Neither one will choose to make a lateral move.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think Schneider wants MacDonald, if he gets his wish, what roster change will MacDonald want? Will he resign Bobby, Reed, and Brooks? Can he reform Taylor? or we will have a front seven redo?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I think Schneider wants MacDonald, if he gets his wish, what roster change will MacDonald want? Will he resign Bobby, Reed, and Brooks? Can he reform Taylor? or we will have a front seven redo?
MacDonald is the guy.