Commanders acquiring QB Carson Wentz from Colts in trade

ivotuk

Reaction score
Dang! Wentz is out of the running for new Seahawks QB *snicker*

Commanders acquiring QB Carson Wentz from Colts in trade

The pending deal involves a 2022 third-round pick and next year's third-rounder that can convert to a second-rounder based on incentives.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo added the trade also includes a swap of 2022 second-round draft picks. The Colts now hold the No. 42 overall pick, while the Commanders have pick no. 47.

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-t ... e-colts-qb

(I remember swapping 2nd round picks that got us Golden Tate.)

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's a good draft to have that third-round pick. Good move by Indy.

They're a well-built team that's not far from being really, really good. I wonder if their sights are set on the QBs in this draft.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3r9k8rg5 said:
Wentz was a cancer in the room apparently...just like in Philly. Guy is trash.

Then he should fit right into Daniel Snyder's toxic cesspool. Man, I wish the NFL would wrestle ownership from that asshole and force a team sale.

flv

Reaction score
Heinicke would be unlikely to beat out Wentz in a fair competition, but it could happen. If Heinicke legitimately wins the starting job after the GM and HC traded for his replacement then someone's head will be on the block. I doubt they risk allowing Heinicke to have the chance of a fair competition.

This is not to say that Heinicke is a terrible QB or that he couldn't replace Wentz later in the year. Historically Wentz deteriorates during the season so Heinicke finishing the season wouldn't be a shock.

Latest posts