Coming out of week 1

keasley45

Reaction score
We have the 3rd highest rated QB in the league in Geno.(and 2nd in terms of completion percentage at 82%). - new starter

The defensive player of the week in Nwosu (new starter)

And the top rated rookie CB in Woolen... who went up against Unlimited and is stable of top wr's. - new starter

This FO has no idea what they're doing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Next Sunday is going to be a huge measuring stick. Niners D is legit, especially their D line. That's a hell of a football team, regardless how they looked in the opener.
That being said, I love their chances against Lance. Between FA and the Draft, this has been one hell of an off season for this Front Office. They absolutely know what they are doing. They have had some big swings and misses, but every front office does.

toffee

Reaction score
Jody, our owner, knew what she was doing. She could have fire John and Pete, kept Russ, and hire an offense minded HC, like Hackett.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Jody, our owner, knew what she was doing. She could have fire John and Pete, kept Russ, and hire an offense minded HC, like Hackett.
I have been very critical of Pete as head coach, but keeping him involved in the front office and as a motivator has always been preferable to me over cutting him loose entirely. Hell, if he left more of the in-game management up to competent coordinators I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with him as head coach either.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
🤪

where did Fade go?

i didn't see him on the official eat crow thread

Seriously. But maybe seeing Pete, John and Jody (with an 'i'), give Russell and the Donks a big 'Buck you!' (with an 'F' ) still stings a little bit.

I'd wager he'll be back as soon as Geno slips a bit or we have a poor performance.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I have been very critical of Pete as head coach, but keeping him involved in the front office and as a motivator has always been preferable to me over cutting him loose entirely. Hell, if he left more of the in-game management up to competent coordinators I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with him as head coach either.
I think if you track our game management this season along with Denver's, we might see ours improve and Denver looking a lot like we have the last 6-7 years. If game 1 is a reliable indicator for both teams

Own The West

Reaction score
I think if you track our game management this season along with Denver's, we might see ours improve and Denver looking a lot like we have the last 6-7 years. If game 1 is a reliable indicator for both teams
Whoa! I just realized we weren't hiking the ball with 1 second left on the clock this game and it was the Broncos that were scrambling to get plays off. Read into that what you will, but I like it!

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
When the writing was on the wall that the Pete/Russ era was going to need to end, my personal preference was to blow it all up: trade Russ and replace Pete with another head coach. I just thought 'if we're going to rebuild, let a young coach who might stick around 5-10 years do it'.

Now, I'm actually pretty impressed with what Pete and John have put together. We've actually gotten a lot younger and--if game 1 is any indication (and, to be fair--it's just game 1. Still a lot of football left)--the regression is really not that bad.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Whoa! I just realized we weren't hiking the ball with 1 second left on the clock this game and it was the Broncos that were scrambling to get plays off. Read into that what you will, but I like it!
Take a look at week 1 last year. Most of the poor tendencies weren't there that week either. The next week, back to the same issues and when Geno was in for injured Russ they didn't go away. It is fairly clear at this point the Russ was a big part of the problem, but Pete still has his problems too. For example in game 1, only one half of good offense.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
We have the 3rd highest rated QB in the league in Geno.(and 2nd in terms of completion percentage at 82%). - new starter

The defensive player of the week in Nwosu (new starter)

And the top rated rookie CB in Woolen... who went up against Unlimited and is stable of top wr's. - new starter

This FO has no idea what they're doing.
Not only do they Not know what they are doing but its really fun to watch Pete and his staff come up with intovative ways to win every week. because obviously they dont know what they are doing. How are they going to beat the Niners this week? How are they going to stop that nasty run game? How are they going to deal with the niners nasty D front? Im sitting here thinking of ways this could happen but i cant help but to wonder whats Carroll thinking what is Hurtt thinking.

Most of all im REALLY wondering how Vegas came up with that 9.5 spread?? Its like they are giving me a christmas present... oh thank you thank you!

I just hope the Hawks dont stop not knowing what they are doing...

toffee

Reaction score
49ers have a potent running game, we have questionable run defense.
49ers have good DL, our OL still young and inexperienced.

This week's match may be a battle of fat boys in the trenches, but we have KW3 back, so we could potentially run more to give Geno some help.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Niners run game is dinged up. They'll run Deebo more than a few times, no doubt. Let's see how effective Lance is at throwing down the field. San Fran DOES have a great DL and their linebackers are really good. Gonna be tough to run against them.