Combine risers

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You just sort of described Boye Mafe...Did we forget he ran in the 4.5s and had a 10-yard split in the 1.50s. He's a better pass rusher than Nolan Smith and he's already our 2 down run defender. He's not 99th percentile in anything but I just don't Smith fits our defense nor does his skill set make me excited. We'll basically have two Boye Mafes or two Nolan Smiths on the team...Do we really want 2 projects at Edge? Maybe it makes sense but I hope the team doesn't go in this direction early in the draft. Late pick? Fine with me.
Smith profiles really, really similarly to Haason Reddick.

I get the hesitation, but I don't think he's much of a mismatch.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Smith profiles really, really similarly to Haason Reddick.

I get the hesitation, but I don't think he's much of a mismatch.
I don't think they are comparable players yet. They are similar in athletic profiles (Smith is more athletic) but Reddick was more polished as a pass rusher coming out. We'll see what happens though. I wouldn't be mad. I just think there are better players.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think they are comparable players yet. They are similar in athletic profiles (Smith is more athletic) but Reddick was more polished as a pass rusher coming out. We'll see what happens though. I wouldn't be mad. I just think there are better players.
Oh, absolutely. I was talking mainly athletic profile and stature.

He's not my pick, especially in the first, but I think he's a decent fit at SAM. Ideally, you'd want more length out of the position and a bit more bulk, but he's got great get-off. Pursues really well. Honestly, I'd kind of like to see him as a WILL that they dial up heat for a la Adams, but again - not something you want in the first or even really the second.

Trenton Simpson might be the better fit if they're looking for that type of guy, as he's much less of a projection when it comes to playing in space.

Chawker

Reaction score
Yup 787 , I'm liking Trenton Simpson he's a ball of muscle with a over wound spring. His tape is fun to watch, makin plays and flexing. I sure hope he becomes a Seahawk.

Chevy

Reaction score
Illinois Safety Sydney Brown I believe boosted himself into the 1st round. Before the combine I thought he was a 2nd round prospect (and had mocked him to us in the 2nd in a previous mock) and had never seen him mocked in the 1st round. He had a 4.47 40-yard, 1.51 10-yard split, 40-inch vertical, and a 10' 10" broad jump. So, I wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted on Day 1.