Clif Avril Highlight and Stills

sturg78

Reaction score
I don't like the fact he ran straight up field on every one of those plays. Maybe he does look better because of Suh and Farely pushing the pocket back into D ends trying to run around tackles.

jhern87

Reaction score
sturg78":3m0u4oak said:
I don't like the fact he ran straight up field on every one of those plays. Maybe he does look better because of Suh and Farely pushing the pocket back into D ends trying to run around tackles.

I've heard the interior linemen are a big reason for his success but most of those highlights were just him blowing past the Tackle.. Regardless, we have some pretty good D-linemen and he should be able to have similar success in our scheme.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
sturg78":3faw5uek said:
He's fast but I'm sure having those two guys in the middle helps any pass rushers.

sturg78

Reaction score
I guess my point was without their dtackles the qb would just step up, right?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jhern87":2drbl66d said:
I've heard the interior linemen are a big reason for his success but most of those highlights were just him blowing past the Tackle.. Regardless, we have some pretty good D-linemen and he should be able to have similar success in our scheme.

We've got some very solid linemen that are hard to move. They do not get interior pressure except against inferior O-lines. If Avril's mainly a benefactor of his great D-linemen in Detroit, our pass rush is not improving, or marginally so.

I'm awaiting judgement until I can see him in a Seahawks uniform. Not denigrating him, just don't have an opinion one way or the other, yet.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2kt6j2j8 said:
jhern87":2kt6j2j8 said:

We've got some very solid linemen that are hard to move. They do not get interior pressure except against inferior O-lines. If Avril's mainly a benefactor of his great D-linemen in Detroit, our pass rush is not improving, or marginally so.

I'm awaiting judgement until I can see him in a Seahawks uniform. Not denigrating him, just don't have an opinion one way or the other, yet.

I'm not expecting much from this, but still hoping JS and PC pull a slam dunk solution from thin air. Agree that if they can't find a pocket collapser the improvement will be marginal at best.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
The improvement is that he should be healthy when the season starts. Clemons may not be. If that's the case, we have improved by putting a healthy Clem-clone in the spot vacated by the injured Clem. Even if he isn't as well-rounded, he has the size, speed, and motor to fill in adequately for a potentially PUP'd Clemons.

The longer-term improvement comes midway through the season if we have Avril, Irvin, and a rested, revitalized Clemons coming back. Moving those three around and rotating to keep them fresh during the home stretch and the Super Bowl run will be a huge improvement over the 2012 playoffs.

Renohawk

Reaction score
Just spend time watching several videos of him, he does have extremly long arms and uses it to strip the QB even while he's in contact with the Tackle. One thing I notice on the videos and it was a small sampling, he used one technique, speed rush around the LT, didn't see any spin moves or anything of that nature.

canucklhead

Reaction score
sturg78":2rqn8qus said:

Most outside guys are speed rushers, but he's also got some moves. The difference between him a kid like Irvin (who I do like) is that he's a bigger, more agile body with a tremendous wingspan. I love this move!

CPHawk

Reaction score
In his highlights I thought I would see him benifiting from a strong rush up the gut, which forced a Qb towards the edges. I didn't see that, I saw him get most of his sacks in the pocket. I think he will have similar numbers here, our interior guys are great at not giving a lane for the Qb to step up into.

Latest posts