Chris Harper signed by 49ers!!!

kearly

Reaction score
Giedi":4k6cy3pd said:
Thunderhawk":4k6cy3pd said:
#1) Harper sucks. Glad he's the Niners problem now, though I'm sure they'll soon discover that he can't catch and cut him too.

#2) Some Hawk fans seem pretty insecure when it comes to debating Niner fans. No need to be defensive. It's simple: San Fran has a great team, but Seattle is a lot better:

QB: Push
RB: Hawks
WR: Hawks
OL: Niners - but it's close
TE: Push
DL: Push
LB: Niners
DB: Hawks
ST - Hawks
Coaching: Push
Depth: Hawks
Home Field Advantage: HAWKS
Schedule: Niners

The last one is the only thing that should cause any concern.
There's a lot here I disagree with, but the most I disagree with is the coaching. Quinn and Travis Jones couldn't stop running attacks if their lives depended on it. At least when Quinn was with the 49ers and Jones with the Saints.

Seahawks run defense has looked pretty awesome this preseason. Something like 3 yards a carry allowed through those 4 games. As far as that list, I'd change QB (Seahawks), TE (49ers), DL (49ers). I think Harbaugh is the NFL's #1 coach, but Seattle has the #1 talent developing coaching staff so I think it's fair to call that one a push.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I can see why this makes sense to Harper. It is a lot easier to get in to 53 in san fran, where the WR situation is a steaming disaster. In Seattle he cant make the team now and Harvin is not even in the squad. I was sure someone would pick him up on waivers, this is the same thing. Was hoping for him to stay though. Tons of upside. Many good receivers take 1-2 years to develop in NFL. Just look at Golden.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Marvin49":2gx76jaz said:
for the record...

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 2m
Source: The 49ers signing of WR Chris Harper off the Seahawks practice squad is officially official.
S
Do not like this at all......

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Tate even in his rookie year showed flashes. This guy has not even done that.

I agree it is mostly a play book look and see.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Good move by the Niners. Talented guy. A legitimate mid-round player for nothing.

I'm not a fan of the Hawks keeping two average RBs over him. The Wares and Colemans of football can be found anywhere at any time. Making roster room for them was getting too cute, IMO. Both won't last on the active roster anyway. Oh well, I hope Harper fails now and is more trouble than he's worth.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pinksheets":3ta1qetp said:
I don't see why there's a big fight about this.

Like I said in my post a few minutes ago:

Chris Harper is not good enough to play for the Seahawks.
Chris Harper is good enough to play for the 49ers.

Doesn't that bode well for our team more than anything else....so who cares?
Yep, Harbdouche is thinking he is being clever, when he is only playing the fool. Liked the Harper pick at the time, but the kid showed nothing in preseason, so adios!

Its ironic how the ninnies trolls are celebrating that we cut a 4th round pick when their 1st ROUNDER FROM 2012 EPIC FAILED in such a big way he barely saw the field and was TRADED for someone else's garbage. :lol: Hypocrites!!!!!

The ninnies fans running to their team's defense when anything critical is said about their beloved team, coaches, and front office is cute and entertaining all at the same time! :th2thumbs:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Meh, Seattle gambled on a 4th round draft pick, but paid nothing but money for Williams and Kearse who every team would love to have at their salary levels right now and are much better at the moment then Harper. I think Harper might develop but Seattle is in position to win right now and has no room for Harper with Harvin, Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, and Williams. Most teams are hot garbage after the first 2 wr's, he might be a swing TE/HB but that's 3 positions later, I may even like Phil Bates or Helfet more in that role anyway.

Good luck Harper I guess.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
TwilightError":1ee73mo9 said:
I can see why this makes sense to Harper. It is a lot easier to get in to 53 in san fran, where the WR situation is a steaming disaster. In Seattle he cant make the team now and Harvin is not even in the squad. I was sure someone would pick him up on waivers, this is the same thing. Was hoping for him to stay though. Tons of upside. Many good receivers take 1-2 years to develop in NFL. Just look at Golden.
He is not playing WR for the 49ers...

Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows 22m
The #49ers are looking at Chris Harper not as a WR but as a TE, H-back in the Delanie Walker mold. He's 6-1, 235 pounds.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 16m
WR Chris Harper, actually might not be a WR after all. I'm moving him to TE on that roster

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 23m
Delanie Walker was college WR when 49ers got him at (6-foot-1, 240 pounds); Chris Harper is same height and just 6 lbs lighter.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h
Why do #49ers like WR Chris Harper? He's 6-1, 234 and they can use him kinda like they used Delanie Walker last year. Matchup problem.

Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 4h
The #Niners see Chris Harper as a Delanie Walker-type player in their system.
Details

I get it, you guys think the 49ers WRs suck. But this guy wasn't brought in here to be a WR. He wouldn't have been able to supplant any of the WRs on the current roster. Just as he wasn't able to supplant any WRs on the Hawks roster.

He can, however, learn to be an H-Back, utility role that Walker was for us.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30o2a7gx said:
Its ironic how the ninnies trolls are celebrating that we cut a 4th round pick when their 1st ROUNDER FROM 2012 EPIC FAILED in such a big way he barely saw the field and was TRADED for someone else's garbage. :lol: Hypocrites!!!!!

The ninnies fans running to their team's defense when anything critical is said about their beloved team, coaches, and front office is cute and entertaining all at the same time! :th2thumbs:
I swear, you guys make up all this "hate" us 49ers fan supposedly spam on this board.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TwilightError":1a1c4rnh said:

....again...TE, not WR.

pinksheets

Reaction score
That's great, either way, he's just not good enough to be on our roster. You can have him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15ofvxkk said:
pinksheets":15ofvxkk said:

Yep, Harbdouche is thinking he is being clever, when he is only playing the fool. Liked the Harper pick at the time, but the kid showed nothing in preseason, so adios!

Again...I ask....who's doing that? Nobody is celebrating anything, only trying to understand it.

Argue what we are actually saying. You don't need to make stuff up in order to have something to rant about.

pinksheets

Reaction score
mretrade":31dn81ob said:
Yet our former trash Mike Person is good enough to make it?
We're not as strong on the o-line, you're not as strong at skill positions. Cut and dry.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
pinksheets":2t3q9zwn said:
mretrade":2t3q9zwn said:
Yet our former trash Mike Person is good enough to make it?
We're not as strong on the o-line, you're not as strong at skill positions. Cut and dry.
Person is just a backup OLineman. Not like you guys are going to have to rely on him or anything.

And Person has versatility. He can play tackle and guard

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2la2r9t9 said:
Sports Hernia":2la2r9t9 said:
pinksheets":2la2r9t9 said:

Again...I ask....who's doing that? Nobody is celebrating anything, only understand it.

Argue what we are actually saying. You don't need to make stuff up in order to have something to rant about.
I'm not ranting Junior. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of you forty ninnies trolls, something that with your blind ninnies homerism, you apparently can't see. By getting your panties in a twist over my post you prove my last sentence, thanks for playing! :th2thumbs:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Using up a spot on the final 53 for a position switch project on a guy who has flashed absolutely nothing in pre-season is an utter waste. This is something you experiment with in May with a 90-man roster, not days before regular season kickoff. But hey, more power to them. Our receiving scraps have worked out great for them thus far.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You guys are making this damn board near unreadable. Seahawks and Niner fans...but sadly, mostly Seahawks fans.

mretrade

Reaction score
It is not stupid considering this was Gray's role and the 49ers probably were targeting him in the draft.