Chris Carson doesn't need to play. Feed PENNY the rock!

Fade

Reaction score
I am just putting it out there.

Carson does not need to carry the ball on Saturday. You know what he can do. He needs to save his body for the upcoming season.

Penny is the guy that needs the touches, needs to get in a rhythm, needs to show what he can do.

Feed PENNY!

Carson shouldn't even dress for this game, honestly.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Procise and carries as in plural? As in multiple carries? I think we have a better shot at three peteing than that.

Everyone knows that Procises real job is as the IR mascot.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I agree on Penny..Someone said CJ too :roll: :lol:

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fade":398qrj9u said:
I am just putting it out there.

Carson does not need to carry the ball on Saturday. You know what he can do. He needs to save his body for the upcoming season.

Penny is the guy that needs the touches, needs to get in a rhythm, needs to show what he can do.

Feed PENNY!

Carson shouldn't even dress for this game, honestly.

Carson will get a few touches and needs some exposure in order to get calibrated to the speed of the game, but I agree, Penny needs the lion's share of the work.

At this point, and so long as Carson stays healthy, Penny's role would seem to be a 3rd down, change of pace running back. One of the raps on him is that his blocking is somewhat less than stellar, an attribute that's critical for a 3rd down back, so it would be nice to see him get some experience at blocking in pass protection.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
After what happened to Cam last night, I don't need to see Russell either.

God I hate pre-season.

xray

Reaction score
Make Penny the feature back Sat. Feed him the ball until he makes something happen or he gets benched . I am ready to see him do all the dynamic stuff ; that many claim he can do. I really wish he was " all that " ; but so far he keeps it pretty well hidden. Maybe he doesn't want to show his good stuff to the league . I want the best players on the field ; if it's not him ; then put the next guy in .

Seymour

Reaction score
Wenhawk":v4ytcgyt said:
I agree, Prosise and Homer need some carries too.

Yep. May as well get Prosise back to his in season tub training so we can weed him out of the mix once and for all. :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2zrtici8 said:

God I hate pre-season.

We need Russell to help properly evaluate the WR group!

Sorry....gotta have him in there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1rphbiqn said:
Sgt. Largent":1rphbiqn said:

God I hate pre-season.

I'm perfectly fine with Lockett, Brown, Metcalf and Moore.........and pick whoever you want after that to ride the bench. I don't need to see Russell throwing to our #4-6 WR's in meaningless games against base defenses.

Put in Geno and Barrett and I'll see ya in week 1. Too much risk, no reward.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wq5do4d said:
Seymour":2wq5do4d said:
Sgt. Largent":2wq5do4d said:

God I hate pre-season.

I'm perfectly fine with Lockett, Brown, Metcalf and Moore.........and pick whoever you want after that to ride the bench. I don't need to see Russell throwing to our #4-6 WR's in meaningless games against base defenses.

Disagree. Too much risk? How many games has Russ missed due to injury again?

And how does Brown and Moore catapult to the top group at this point?

Russ takes nowhere near the risks that Scam takes...so no comparison there!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2xmkq0xs said:
Sgt. Largent":2xmkq0xs said:
Seymour":2xmkq0xs said:
Sgt. Largent":2xmkq0xs said:

God I hate pre-season.

No games missed, but he was injured the entire 2016 season, and that carried over into him coming in heavy in 2017.

So nope, don't need to chance it. One series is fine, but I don't want to see him for an entire quarter or half risking injury, I just don't.

Brown? He's had a great camp and looked great last week with a couple nice catches. Moore? Do you really think one half of pre-season football with Russell at QB is going to be enough for you to see if Moore or anyone else for that matter is who we need to go with?

They're gonna run around, catch a couple balls (or not) and then we'll have this same conversation next week cause no one will really stand out.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":10lkkls4 said:
Seymour":10lkkls4 said:
Sgt. Largent":10lkkls4 said:
Seymour":10lkkls4 said:

No games missed, but he was injured the entire 2016 season, and that carried over into him coming in heavy in 2017.

So nope, don't need to chance it. One series is fine, but I don't want to see him for an entire quarter or half risking injury, I just don't.

Brown? He's had a great camp and looked great last week with a couple nice catches. Moore? Do you really think one half of pre-season football with Russell at QB is going to be enough for you to see if Moore or anyone else for that matter is who we need to go with?

They're gonna run around, catch a couple balls (or not) and then we'll have this same conversation next week cause no one will really stand out.

Well you may want to record the game and skip to late 3rd Q because Wilson is playing the entire 1st half plus at least the first series in the 3rd. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":9zwtfo9z said:
Well you may want to record the game and skip to late 3rd Q because Wilson is playing the entire 1st half plus at least the first series in the 3rd. :2thumbs:

Well I don't like it!!

Giphy

Seymour

Reaction score
LOL.
Well that .gif you posted could also well be Russ having a tantrum if he doesn't play. Dude never took his helmet off last game and wanted back in! I like that spirit about him myself. (sorry...I have to post this stuff so part timers like McGruff don't say I'm a Wilson hater :roll: )

RiverDog

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uo3j0dr said:

God I hate pre-season.

And to think that they used to have 6 preseason games.

They are a bit of a necessary evil, but they can damn sure cut them down to two. But that would mean that the owners would lose two games worth of revenue, and we can't have that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1rp59s3o said:
LOL.
Well that .gif you posted could also well be Russ having a tantrum if he doesn't play. Dude never took his helmet off last game and wanted back in! I like that spirit about him myself. (sorry...I have to post this stuff so part timers like McGruff don't say I'm a Wilson hater :roll: )

Of course. You always want your players, especially your QB to be hyper competitive.

Doesn't mean if I was Pete I'd hide Russell's helmet after the first series.

Pre-season used to be 2-3 months to get all the fat asses that smoke and drank all off season to get back into shape and ready for the regular season.

Now teams and players are training and getting ready 24/7/365. So it's an antiquated meaningless part of the season that is only around because the greedy owners don't want to give up the revenue.

Have a couple pre-season scrimmages between teams with the QB's wearing red jerseys. Other than that, useless.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1buwjnwq said:
Seymour":1buwjnwq said:
LOL.

Of course. You always want your players, especially your QB to be hyper competitive.

Doesn't mean if I was Pete I'd hide Russell's helmet after the first series.

Pre-season used to be 2-3 months to get all the fat asses that smoke and drank all off season to get back into shape and ready for the regular season.

Now teams and players are training and getting ready 24/7/365. So it's an antiquated meaningless part of the season that is only around because the greedy owners don't want to give up the revenue.

Have a couple pre-season scrimmages between teams with the QB's wearing red jerseys. Other than that, useless.

Russ doesn't need a helmet!!

He has recovery water to ward off any possible concussion issues you silly goose!

Waterboy

(I'm joking you know...sorry...I have to post this stuff so part timers like McGruff don't say I'm a Wilson hater :roll: )

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well you don't have to worry about seeing Moore do amazing things this weekend Seymour, he's "out for a bit" according to Condotta this morning.

So lots and lots of Jazz, Ursua, Jennings and all the other dudes battling for practice squad spots to quench your pre-season thirst.