Chargers...

lobohawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":vg2x4a93 said:
Rivers with the pump, then one hopping the throw. Had a chance there too.

No he didn't. The pump was because the player expected to be open was covered and he didn't want to put a ball in a position to be picked off.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Cartire":28f0u5u1 said:
I have no idea how ESPN gets away with these double header Monday night games early season. 4th qtr is starting at 1am est time. I mean, ...., how can the scheduling/marketing people think this is a good idea?

Because it's 1am EASTCOAST time. The center of the football and sports universe has long since tucked themselves in to bed with happy dreams of Geno Smith dancing in their heads... Houston is out west to them, so who cares??? And the Chargers??? Do they even exist in their reality??

HawksFTW

Reaction score
lobohawk":3nfv5120 said:
HawksFTW":3nfv5120 said:

No he didn't. The pump was because the player expected to be open was covered and he didn't want to put a ball in a position to be picked off.

Not sure what you are saying no he didn't to... I know why he pumped, but the guy was still open after the pump, and had a chance to complete the pass until he one hopped it.

lobohawk

Reaction score
HawksFTW":3m5fyxzk said:
lobohawk":3m5fyxzk said:
HawksFTW":3m5fyxzk said:

Not sure what you are saying no he didn't to... I know why he pumped, but the guy was still open after the pump, and had a chance to complete the pass until he one hopped it.

Meant he really didn't have someone open enough after the pump, so he basically dumped it in the ground. Just from the view I saw on the replay, so I may have misconstrued the action.

Happy

Reaction score
1229959_502738499811722_998910930_n.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2a7mzg75 said:
Cartire":2a7mzg75 said:
I have no idea how ESPN gets away with these double header Monday night games early season. 4th qtr is starting at 1am est time. I mean, ...., how can the scheduling/marketing people think this is a good idea?

Because it's 1am EASTCOAST time. The center of the football and sports universe has long since tucked themselves in to bed with happy dreams of Geno Smith dancing in their heads... Houston is out west to them, so who cares??? And the Chargers??? Do they even exist in their reality??

They SHOULD get away with it. The first game catered to the East-Coast crowd and the second game to the West Coast crowd. It was perfect and I love it and wish they had these double-headers every Monday. It is time to stop catering to everyone and just say hey guess what here is a prime time game for East Coast and here is a West Coast prime time game

mikeak

Reaction score
and about the game. They were moving the ball great, doing things to open up their runs then suddenly they went 1st down up the middle, second down up the middle oh Rivers bail us out now when everyone know we are passing and it didn't work.

The chargers fired Norv for doing exactly what they did last night. That is pretty hilarious. Rivers made a huge mistake but blowing the 21pt lead wasn't his fault alone that was horrible play-calling, execution on all levels of the game.