Chargers firing coach Brandon Staley and GM Tom Telesco

RiverDog

Reaction score
And it's going to remain crickets in Seattle IMO.

Now, the rumors about Belichick to the Chargers will go into overdrive.

rjdriver

Reaction score
And it's going to remain crickets in Seattle IMO.
I think you are right, it will remain crickets.

I think it's time for change, I stand shoulder to shoulder with you there. However, that said, I don't think you can remotely compare the two GM/HC job performances.

Yes, the LAC have only one less win, but ever since their historic debacle in the playoffs against JAX, they have been soulless. Not a lot of excuses when you have a QB that many other franchises would love to have.

That said, Spanos is a POS and always will be. I still lament for my friends from a whales vagina because as an ardent SuperSonics fan, I've been there.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I think you are right, it will remain crickets.

I think it's time for change, I stand shoulder to shoulder with you there. However that said, I don't think you can remotely compare the two GM/HC job performances.

Yes, the LAC have only one less win, but ever since their historic debacle in the playoffs against JAX, they have been soulless. Not a lot of excuses when you have a QB that many other franchises would love to have.

That said, Spanos is a POS and always will be. I still lament for my friends from a whales vagina because as an ardent SuperSonics fan, I've been there.
Agreed, particularly about Spanos. He's getting what he deserves: An under achieving team and a practically nonexistent fan base.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I see them going after Harbaugh. I would. He's the complete opposite of Staley. And that's what's they need.

bileever

Reaction score
That was quite a beatdown. Losing 42-0 at halftime, to a fairly mediocre Raiders team. It's not like they were playing the 49ers.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

Man those reporters were brutal. Asking the tough questions. Would Seattle reporters ever ask those questions of Pete?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Chargers fully quit on him, watching the game last night this move had to happen. Raiders offense has been atrocious and they dropped 60+ points. I don't think Seattle is there yet. Blowout loss at home to the Eagles might get the pitchforks out.

Mizak

Reaction score
Ain’t no team gonna fire their Head Coach with a 6-7 record(Seahawks, Rams, Packers, Bucs, Falcons, Saints), with a 7-6 record(Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Texans, Broncos) in the middle of a playoff hunt.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Ain’t no team gonna fire their Head Coach with a 6-7 record(Seahawks, Rams, Packers, Bucs, Falcons, Saints), with a 7-6 record(Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Colts, Texans, Broncos) in the middle of a playoff hunt.
Hawks will win maybe 2 more games this year. PC is the coworker who does just enough to not get fired.

rjdriver

Reaction score

Other than typical immediate post game emotional overreactions (which we all have occasionally as .netters), I don't think many of us anticipate or even want that.

Pete has done too much for this franchise to be a mid season termination. I think most of us who want change, would like to turn over a new leaf at seasons end while graciously celebrating the man who built the team that reached the pinnacle a decade ago.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bellicheck will either go to the Chargers or the Commandos. The QB situation is tad better in LA. I just see Kraft somehow trading Bill and getting a bunch of picks from a stupid team.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I see them going after Harbaugh. I would. He's the complete opposite of Staley. And that's what's they need.
Agree it is what they need -

But it all comes down to what notorious cheapskate Spanos is willing to spend.

He won't back up the brinks truck - unless this loss was so embarrassing that it flipped some sort of internal switch in him. Which I doubt,

So I predict one of the two following possibilities:

Some sort of retread mid-level (read cheap) coach or one that has been OC but never head coach - maybe Flores or Reich if the former - Eric Bienemy if the latter.

---OR----

Yet another "Young Gun" (also read cheap) - most likely that would be Kellen Moore from their own staff.

Regardless - if Spanos screws the pooch here - you can kiss the chargers goodbye for another ten years - at least.

Note that they have an aging roster and are in Cap hell as well and that might deter a few coaches that might otherwise consider the job.

Lennie

Reaction score
Agree it is what they need -

But it all comes down to what notorious cheapskate Spanos is willing to spend.

He won't back up the brinks truck - unless this loss was so embarrassing that it flipped some sort of internal switch in him. Which I doubt,

So I predict one of the two following possibilities:

Some sort of retread mid-level (read cheap) coach or one that has been OC but never head coach - maybe Flores or Reich if the former - Eric Bienemy if the latter.

---OR----

Yet another "Young Gun" (also read cheap) - most likely that would be Kellen Moore from their own staff.

Regardless - if Spanos screws the pooch here - you can kiss the chargers goodbye for another ten years - at least.

Note that they have an aging roster and are in Cap hell as well and that might deter a few coaches that might otherwise consider the job.
Maybe let’s swoop in and get Spanos to trade us Herbert!
Maybe he wants to save money and do a re-boot.
We can dream

hoxrox

Reaction score
There's been crickets from the ownership, but Albert Breer, who follows this stuff, doesn't have the same confidence or assurance that nothing will change, as he's had in season's past.

Polk738

Reaction score
Another Fangio disciple bites the dust, so maybe the Seahawks only need to drop one of these 60 burgers before we get rid of these defensive scheme all together or Pete for that matter, it's interesting that Desai is now being crucified for the Eagles defensive woes as well.

Latest posts