Chances of Luck not getting a contract extension/new deal?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":38oor4c2 said:
storm74":38oor4c2 said:
Scottemojo":38oor4c2 said:
Luck will get the biggest QB deal ever. Count on it. Anybody who says different is a glue sniffer.

and Luck has proven exactly what? He obviously can take a lot of hits. Personally, I think if someone signs him to the highest deal ever, they are the glue sniffers.

Because both GMs and alot of NFL fans STILL think Luck is a top 5 QB. He is probably the number 1 player that has lived off his hype from the draft in NFL history. Believe it or not ALOT and i mean ALOT of people would STILL pick Luck over Wilson :roll:

Amazing isn't it?

I think eventually most folks will finally credit Harbaugh for making Luck look like the new and improved Manning.

I do get a chuckle though laughing at the Colts moving on from Manning and throwing a season away on purpose only to watch Manning get to two super bowls and win one. Meanwhile they are renaming the campain to Luck sure sucks.

Karma, it's whats for dinner.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
storm74":3phgenwx said:
Scottemojo":3phgenwx said:
Luck will get the biggest QB deal ever. Count on it. Anybody who says different is a glue sniffer.

and Luck has proven exactly what? He obviously can take a lot of hits. Personally, I think if someone signs him to the highest deal ever, they are the glue sniffers.

Did you just start following the NFL a week ago? It's not about "proving" anything, Luck has all the tools to be a great QB .. just because he had a tough season doesn't mean an NFL GM in dire need of a QB is going to balk at the notion at paying Andrew Luck.

Granted the idea he ever sees the market is funny enough. But yeah.. there's no way Luck isn't your highest paid QB whenever his deal gets done.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":26aa30d4 said:
storm74":26aa30d4 said:
Scottemojo":26aa30d4 said:

Because both GMs and alot of NFL fans STILL think Luck is a top 5 QB. He is probably the number 1 player that has lived off his hype from the draft in NFL history. Believe it or not ALOT and i mean ALOT of people would STILL pick Luck over Wilson :roll:

:lol:

And honestly .. why does that bother you so much? I feel like every anti-Luck brigade on .NET features a lot of you.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":38y2jhe9 said:
storm74":38y2jhe9 said:
Scottemojo":38y2jhe9 said:

A LOT, two words.
Love, Iro

Like Scott said guys, it's supply and demand. The supply of above competent QBs is low, the demand high. It's why barely competent Brock Ostrich got 17 per and I might add, why Russell Wilson is already a bargain at what, 21?

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3p4chiw2 said:
WilsonMVP":3p4chiw2 said:
storm74":3p4chiw2 said:
Scottemojo":3p4chiw2 said:

:lol:

And honestly .. why does that bother you so much? I feel like every anti-Luck brigade on .NET features a lot of you.

I was just pointing out that even now fans/gms and other front office people are still in love with luck which is why he will be signed for huge money doesnt matter if he has proven anything. Honestly the only thing he has proved in my eyes is he is a slightly better version of Matt Stafford. Dont remember what radio show it was but late in the season they were saying they would still want Luck over Wilson and all I could do was :roll:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I do think if Luck had a good running back who could catch passes a good slot receiver, decent O-line and a good defense he could still become a very good QB but I think he will always be the gun slinger type that gets himself into trouble from time to time.

I see his ceiling is Farve but more than likely Stafford or Ryan.

I don't believe he is on the cerebral level of the Montana's and Peyton and I do think that is what he was hyped to be.

Wilson I do believe has that cerebral zen to him and IMO is what makes him the better QB between the two.

To me it is astounding though of how many people coaches and anylitics alike, would still take him over Wilson. That just seems dumb and stuborn at this point.

rideaducati

Reaction score
soohawk":1a2kk3c4 said:
Brees is scheduled to make 30 million this season

The colts traditionally made peyton manning play out his entire contracts before negotiating his new ones, therefore it was a new shift in modus operandi when Irsay said last fall that he will resign Luck before his contract is finished i.e. add more years with the last one from his deal now and the first in his next deal. He also stated that he will get this done in early July...I can see him announcing the deal on independence day for his fans to enjoy another ripple to the patriotic holiday :)

Brees has a cap hit of $30 million, he isn't making that much this year. He kept restructuring his contract each year to lower the cap hit by turning it into signing bonus instead of salary. With this being his final year, all the signing bonus money is now due to hit the cap.