Chances JS is led away?

Chances Jon Schneider is enticed to leave in the next couple years?

• 100% , he's too good to keep

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • 80-99% , the league has taken notice

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 60-80% , he will command a huge amount and might be swayed

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 30-60% , maybe if the perfect opportunity arises

Votes: 13 9.6%
  • .01-30%, always a possibility

Votes: 37 27.4%
  • 0% , Paul Allen will make sure he stays here

Votes: 70 51.9%

• Total voters

The Yugoslavian

Reaction score
Obviously by now it is apparent he is no fluke. Every team, especially those rebuilding, would be head over heels to have him as their GM. How likely is it that he gets an offer from another team? Paul Allen has the deepest pockets in the league and would most likely be pleased enough with him so far to counter any offer right? How often do successful GM's move around? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

EDITED AND ADDED 0.1-30%. REVOTING ENABLED

CANHawk

Reaction score
No salary cap for executives and we have the richest owner in sports. I think Pappa Paul is having fun with all this Seahawk success. no way he lets him leave. Paul will buy him an island or something to keep him here. JS is here for life.

........unless one day he suddenly and inexplicably starts to suck that is.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
He's here for the long term.

IMO, when Pete retires Schneider will lead our team for another decade.

He's got the owner with the richest pockets, who allows him to do his job without interference. He won't be lured away.

themunn

Reaction score
I said 0% but obviously it's not impossible

I think would leave if Pete Carroll took a job elsewhere and they needed a GM too, but I don't see either leaving for the "perfect situation"... they're in the perfect situation right now surely! Young, talented team, rich but non-intrusive owner, great fans etc. Carroll will probably retire a Seahawk and even then both him and Schneider will have long-groomed a successor to keep the status quo

I don't even see why he would go back to Green Bay if Ted Thompson left, the Seahawks are his baby now and I'm sure he wants to see them grow.

Also, I looked at his wiki page to see just how long he was with the Packers (answer: a long time), but his role as a Seahawk made me chuckle somewhat

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't see him leaving, but option 3 proffers the PERFECT opportunity, and there's always the slightest chance that he would leave for something else, and that something else may not even be in football. Of course I don't think the odds are in the 30-60 range. I think you need a 5% range in there

seahawks08

Reaction score
money may not always be a motivator, it can be situations where variables like weather or being close to where your extended family is or deep roots in a community where you grew up and so on can also be the reasons.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Green Bay is the only team he would possibly leave us for. Could get interesting when Ted Thompson retires.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Schneider is from Wisconsin, so the only way I ever see him leaving is if he has a chance to go back to GB. Even then GB would have to outbid or at least match any offer from Allen, which the Packers usually don't do (get into bidding wars for players/coaches/GM's).

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man.......I don't want to even think about this. Why are topics like this always started, makes me always worry.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Blitzer88":p965vhhf said:
Man.......I don't want to even think about this. Why are topics like this always started, makes me always worry.
Blitzer you crack me up.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Why would a GM leave to go be a GM somewhere else? Why would Schneider ever make a lateral move?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Leave here and leave behind the developing dynasty he's created for likely less money than what PA would offer him, and less adoration than he enjoys here??? C'mon Man!

Just not worth discussing as it's a long way away from even being reasonably contemplated as possible.

I think he likes it here, likes the situation, the better weather, his freedom, the collegial team he's put together with Pete along with having an owner with a huge cheque book that stays out of the way allowing the football guys to do their thing.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't care if Schneider leaves down the road so long as he does what he set out to do.

1. Win a Superbowl
2. Build this organization into a sustained winner

#2 means more than just draft a bunch of good young players every year, I want something like GB has. Where it becomes essentially the best farm system for personnel talent in the league. I want disciples of JS to continue to be sought after for other teams, I want there to be an heir apparent or heirs apparent for when John eventually leaves or retires. I want the Seahawk way to be something that lives longer than GMs and coaching staffs, but something that we try to emulate for years and years down the line.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xomcim7 said:
Schneider is from Wisconsin, so the only way I ever see him leaving is if he has a chance to go back to GB. Even then GB would have to outbid or at least match any offer from Allen, which the Packers usually don't do (get into bidding wars for players/coaches/GM's).
He might be from Wisconsin, but Wisconsin has been established by some HOF coaches and staff.
Schneider strikes me as the kind of GM that would like to have his fingerprints all over a SB winning team that HE helped to develop, and he wouldn't have that recognition that I think he's working to achieve by going home too soon.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
There is zero chance of him leaving. The question is semi retarded. That's almost laughable. It's like saying Peyton Manning is gonna leave Indy. You must be retarded to even think it's possible. "please tell me I don't need the sarcasm button".

You never know but I get the feeling he loves his job here and takes a ton of pride in it. I honestly think the odds of him departing before Carroll are almost zero but who knows, stranger things have happened.

I do know if he was to leave, it would tear my gut's out.

lukerguy

Reaction score
hedgehawk":262ijkdu said:
Green Bay is the only team he would possibly leave us for. Could get interesting when Ted Thompson retires.

Yes, and he openly admitted this.

chris98251

Reaction score
If he and Pete get the 1st one in the bag here he will be more Iconic then Ron Wolfe as far as the Seattle ties, Thompson and Wolfe are the legends in G.B, Schnieder and Pete can be here, winning a Super Bowl will cast their shadow over the Holmgren era as the best front office and coaches the team has had in their history.

Paul and his daughter I believe will accomadate whatever needs he has to have.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The Yugoslavian":49t6u42o said:
lukerguy":49t6u42o said:
hedgehawk":49t6u42o said:

Yes, and he openly admitted this.

When did he say that? You have any links?

He's never been shy about any of this when he first was hired in Seattle.

Latest posts