Certain jerseys

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawks875":39qghrnm said:
What's wrong with a Seahawks jerry rice jersey? I got one when he came to the Seahawks, he's one of my favorite players of all time

Nothing wrong with Rice, he's the greatest receiver of all time.

But for him to come here and ask to wear #80 took some balls. He's lucky that Largent is so first class that he said yes. I bet if you took a fan survey it would have been 90% "hell no."

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":364pao3m said:
seahawks875":364pao3m said:
What's wrong with a Seahawks jerry rice jersey? I got one when he came to the Seahawks, he's one of my favorite players of all time

But for him to come here and ask to wear #80 took some balls. He's lucky that Largent is so first class that he said yes. I bet if you took a fan survey it would have been 90% "hell no."
I don't hate Rice. From what I heard, the fault is all on Whitsett, the GM at the time. He did one of those "Largent said it was OK"/"Rice said he'd like to wear your number" things, when in fact he hadn't really discussed it with the players involved honestly. I suppose Whitsett thought it would be a money maker. There's a reason we remember him as Witless....he never knew dick about what the fans wanted or supported.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":37bspspb said:
Sgt. Largent":37bspspb said:
seahawks875":37bspspb said:

I don't hate Rice. From what I heard, the fault is all on Whitsett, the GM at the time. He did one of those "Largent said it was OK"/"Rice said he'd like to wear your number" things, when in fact he hadn't really discussed it with the players involved honestly. I suppose Whitsett thought it would be a money maker. There's a reason we remember him as Witless....he never knew dick about what the fans wanted or supported.

QFT

This was all on the Witless Wonder. Don't blame Rice at all, don't blame Largent at all, but it doesn't change the fact that it's inexcusable to wear that Jersey IMO

jkitsune

Reaction score
Wife owns an 84 housh because she wanted a jersey but couldn't stand spending our money on one. After he was cut the jersey was $25 for one of the nice stitched ones and it looks better than my $80 replica hass at this point.

osprey6

Reaction score
There have been discussions on here in the past about people in Franco Harris jerseys. Thought about getting one, since I make it a point to show up at a Greek Church food festival that's about two blocks from his house. I'm always in 'hawks gear and I know he sees me, but just won't acknowledge it. He has been known to make a point of not signing Seahawks gear.

The weirdest ones I've actually seen on people (as far as players no longer with the team) would be John Friesz, T.J. Duckett, Willie Williams and Merton Hanks.

Personally, I have an away Levon Kirkland that I still break out on occasion.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I was a huge fan of DJack when he played for us. I had both a blue and a white jersey and I wore whatever color the team was wearing on gameday. When we lost him to a trade, I couldn't figure out which jersey I wanted. After a really impressive performance against the Chiefs, I went with a pair of Branch jerseys. Ugh...

I can't bring myself to get rid of the jerseys, but they will never see the outside of my closet again.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
LargentFan":27aj9ssb said:
After a really impressive performance against the Chiefs, I went with a pair of Branch jerseys. Ugh...

You fell for that play where he stripped the D-Back after the INT, too, huh?

sutz

Reaction score
bestfightstory":13j4rqiz said:
LargentFan":13j4rqiz said:
After a really impressive performance against the Chiefs, I went with a pair of Branch jerseys. Ugh...

You fell for that play where he stripped the D-Back after the INT, too, huh?
Hey, that was a great play. Just because it was the only play he ever made as a Seahawk is no reason to dis him.

:laugh:

jhawk91

Reaction score
Not sure how embarrassing it is, but I have a ken Hamlin jersey. But it never gets worn its just sittin in the closet

minormillikin

Reaction score
Throwdown":3vcgy79b said:
lol I remember going to this past Training Camp, standing in line I saw a dude rocking a Williams #17.'

My wife refuses to wear anything but her Williams #17 jersey. But for us, wearing a jersey with Williams on the back is like having a personalized jersey.

I prefer the 12 jersey... or my Kitna jersey.