Certain jerseys

ParisPC07

Reaction score
The talk about Aaron Curry in another thread reminded me of something.

What jerseys make you double-take when you see them? For me, every time I see something like a Houshmandzadeh jersey or a Rice jersey, I can't help but wonder why someone would wear that jersey. Do any of you get that?

sutz

Reaction score
Seeing someone in a Seattle Rice #80 jersey makes me want to go postal.

That's probably the only one that really, really bothers me.

:pukeface:

djb28

Reaction score
I'm happy to see any jersey Seattle where I live.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Non bother me as long as they are not wearing a red north face jacket looking like a Niner fan at the stadium.

LawHawk

Reaction score
I feel bad for them. That's surely their only jersey. I would much rather see someone at the stadium in a Housh or Curry jersey than in just some random shirt. Give them credit for being Hawks fans and spending their hard-earned money.

Housh and Curry in particular - what other player was "jersey worthy" at that time? I came really close to getting a 59 and ended up with John Carlson instead. No different today. If someone went out in August 2012 and bought a TO or Kellen Winslow jersey, now that would be stupid, because there are so many great players on the team right now.

On a jersey-related note, I finally got a Matt Hasselbeck jersey after years of not knowing why I never got one. $10 on eBay for brand new Reebok replica!

seahawks875

Reaction score
What's wrong with a Seahawks jerry rice jersey? I got one when he came to the Seahawks, he's one of my favorite players of all time

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol I remember going to this past Training Camp, standing in line I saw a dude rocking a Williams #17.'

I have seen a #22 Jones jersey too... :141847_bnono:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
seahawks875":1wim49h8 said:
What's wrong with a Seahawks jerry rice jersey? I got one when he came to the Seahawks, he's one of my favorite players of all time

Nothing, per se, except that #80 was retired for Steve Largent and many feel it should not have been un-retired, even for Jerry Rice.

Tundra

Reaction score
Throwdown":3dewaxlf said:
lol I remember going to this past Training Camp, standing in line I saw a dude rocking a Williams #17.'

I never was at camp, but I got me a Williams jersey. I really thought he played hard for this team. Too bad Tjack was his QB year 2.

Subzero717

Reaction score
TundraApe":37597355 said:
Throwdown":37597355 said:

I never was at camp, but I got me a Williams jersey. I really thought he played hard for this team. Too bad Tjack was his QB year 2.

Really? You had to go there?

Throwdown

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3qi87azh said:
I saw Flynn jerseys when i was at the Clink. Whoops.

Saw a lot of those during the preseason game vs Titans too, personally I would've held off until the starter was announced... But hey, impulse buys are always a great idea at first!

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
seahawks875":26ve6un7 said:

He's wearing someone else's #, a retired # he had no business wearing.

Also I saw the other day someone walking down the street with a Flynn jersey, made me chuckle. :lol:

OP
OP
ParisPC07

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Bosworth is more of a novelty. I would rock a Bosworth jersey but just as a tongue-in-cheek thing for other Seahawks fans to have a laugh at. There is a guy who comes into Scooter's in Vegas with a Mirer jersey, I thought that one is kind of funny.

Right before the opener in 2010 I was buying a new 12 at the pro shop when I felt compelled to approach a kid who had just found the one he wanted. He walks up to his mom and hands her a home blue with Housh on the back. I had to walk up and explain to his mom that he wasn't on the team any longer. She ended up getting him a number 8 I think.

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":pkpn3huy said:
Seeing someone in a Seattle Rice #80 jersey makes me want to go postal.

That's probably the only one that really, really bothers me.

:pukeface:

I doubt there's anything on this planet that you and I can agree on much more than we agree on this one.

We get a fair amount of Seahawks fans up here, but every once in awhile I'll see a Seahawks fan in a Jerry Rice Jersey, and it really does get under my skin. I'll go off on a diatribe to whomever I'm with at the time, just so I can vent a little instead of what I want to do which is to take the jersey from the guy and light it ablaze

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
I bought a Housh jersey when we signed him. Was a bit of a Housh fan from fantasy football, too bad he never really materialized as a hawk. I do sometimes wear it, but only after I made an adjustment to it. I swapped the H and the D. It now reads "Doushmandzaheh." I've gotten a lot of props on it when I have worn it. Now I mostly rock my home Chancellor jersey. I'll bring out the "Doush" for preseason again next year.

Latest posts