Celebrating 50 games for Russell Wilson in the NFL

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has now played 50 games in the NFL. Regular Seasons and Playoffs combined.
He has won 38 and lost 12. That's 76% of his games. This is a darn good record. I don't know if there is any QB with a better record and a ring. He has something like 86 total TDs and 26 INTs. Darn good ratio.

The most amazing stat is, the Seahawks have led in every single game RW has played in and have never loss by 10 points of more. I think the loss at Indy was the worst loss in the RW era...

Besides the SB Ring, what's your best memory of these 50 RW games... I will always remember the TD he threw in Kansas City, where he won the job from Matt Flynn.

I can't wait for the next 50 games of RW ... and of course, more rings ...
Go Hawks !!!

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Obviously there are tons of plays, but for me, it's his td pass to Rice against NE. Not only was it an beautiful pass and catch, but to me, it solidified RW as our qb.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
OLYhawks":1b5pmrft said:
Obviously there are tons of plays, but for me, it's his td pass to Rice against NE. Not only was it an beautiful pass and catch, but to me, it solidified RW as our qb.

This is still my favorite RW play too. That play was magic. It really was the play that Russell Wilson became our franchise QB.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It seems the kid is good for an amazing play per game. The Houdini thing in our most recent game vs the 9ers is just very typical of this. Still LOL thinking about the DC for the Giants doing that bobble head thing trying to figure a way to stop Russ several weeks back. That guy should be featured in Russ' highlight reel.

lobohawk

Reaction score
While I can appreciate the volume of wins under his brief tenure, I generally ascribe wins to a team and not an individual. No knock against him, just the nature of the stat. All the other stats are worthy of kudos though.

The Chicago game where he had to have two game winning drives stands out. Also this year in St Louis. It was a loss, but there was a fire to his play that doesn't always show up. As the game wore on, you could see how relentless he was. To a certain degree he reached that point some QBs attain in a game. Where the other coach concedes that he can't be stopped. Unfortunately this meant Fisher was thus compelled to reach into his bag of tricks again and it worked.

shawnsim

Reaction score
OLYhawks":3u0zmvpx said:

Yes. + 1.

byau

Reaction score
In recent memory I really liked the OT drive against Denver in game 3. And the recent offensive TOP pummeling vs the Eagles. Not plays, not a highlight reel but just a consistent dominance on a series of plays over a period of time.

HawkWow

Reaction score
byau":1accorzb said:
In recent memory I really liked the OT drive against Denver in game 3. And the recent offensive TOP pummeling vs the Eagles. Not plays, not a highlight reel but just a consistent dominance on a series of plays over a period of time.

For all the complaints about his holding the ball too long and not throwing his receivers open (I confess), I'd certainly call him our MVP. Like the dominance you describe above, Byau, Russ put the team on his back several times this year and closed games out. Whether by ground, air or both.. Russ has been a finisher.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Lots of examples, but the best for me came in a loss at Atlanta in the playoffs. He brought us all the way back and gave us the chance to win it, but the D let him down. After that game, they vowed to never let that happen again. The beginning of our dominance in defense and a defining moment for a young rookie QB at the same time.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Oddly, at random times I get a recurring memory of Wilson's very first regular-season NFL game. The memory is of his sideline reaction after failing in the redzone and losing his first game. His look is baffled and upset to the point of disbelief. As if he simply cannot understand a reality in which he lost his first game, a game that was within his grasp just moments prior. He says, "Dang!" just before Pete comes over and lends a sympathetic ear, while reassuring his young QB that they will live to fight another day.

That genuine reaction happened long before the "robot" jokes and showed that this kid came to ball and came to win. Anything less than success was not an option.

He had me at "Dang!"

dunceface

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":mslfst09 said:
Oddly, at random times I get a recurring memory of Wilson's very first regular-season NFL game. The memory is of his sideline reaction after failing in the redzone and losing his first game. His look is baffled and upset to the point of disbelief. As if he simply cannot understand a reality in which he lost his first game, a game that was within his grasp just moments prior. He says, "Dang!" just before Pete comes over and lends a sympathetic ear, while reassuring his young QB that they will live to fight another day.

That genuine reaction happened long before the "robot" jokes and showed that this kid came to ball and came to win. Anything less than success was not an option.

He had me at "Dang!"

That's beautiful man

I cried a lil bit

kjreid

Reaction score
An undersized guy from a Running College Team!!!! Why do the Hawks continue to throw away picks????

Best play??? about 10 different last drives that RW used his legs to by time and the rifle to get the ball down the field. TD throw to Kearse in the Superbowl, talk about threading the needle, the the linebacker and the corner thought they had a pick and the ball was just drilled in between them

themunn

Reaction score
This play.

20120824 mjm sr9 118 extra large huge

I always knew from the moment I started watching Wilson in trainig camp that I wanted him to be the guy. But when I saw that guys like Leon Washington were springing blocks for this guy that he was the guy the players wanted to play for too.

Latest posts