Carroll on Kiro Now (link)

Reaction score
Listening now. Pete's comment regarding the 4 and 1 call (instead of a field goal) focused on getting the team going with a spark, and not giving the ball back to Atlanta's offense. Seems to me that it's a statement more about the defense not being able to stop Atlanta then sparking our offense....

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
He's no fool, and realizes that our pass rush is paramount to success next year. Next, a coverage LB to replace Hill, then a true burner WR. Go John go!

bingotown

Reaction score
The scary thing is if the arrogant prick doesn't realize he made a mistake he is then bound to repeat it. IT WAS A BAD DECISION. Admit it, learn from it and move on.

zayden185

Reaction score
bingotown":38c63v78 said:
The scary thing is if the arrogant prick doesn't realize he made a mistake he is then bound to repeat it. IT WAS A BAD DECISION. Admit it, learn from it and move on.

arrogant prick? im not sure about that, hes been pretty humble about things and always positive and concistent with Wilson in that way

i think arrogant would be....

"hey i came in here and had 700 roster moves, took a 3rd rd qb and were on the brink of the Super Bowl...

how you like me now bitches..oh ya...btw took a converted wr and have all pro db! traded for an all pro RB....all pro!

Suck it

that would be arrogant

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
bingotown":4f711rz3 said:

What the hell are you talking about?

mikeak

Reaction score
I am 100% for going for it on 4th and 1 there. The much more (to me) relevant question is "Pete - what do you think on your play calling on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1? Don't you think RW and Lynch would pick up a yard from a read option 99 out of 100 times?"

I hate the playcalling on that 3rd and 4th down. The most predictable play in the history of the NFL - run straight up the middle - was called when pretty much everything else in our play book gets us the yard.

you are loosing, you haven't stopped the opponent, you need points quickly - go for it but not in that fashion

and upon further review last night. After 3rd down the ref on the right side of the ball came out showing that it should be inches short. Then it was placed 1 yard short - not sure what happened there....

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
And as usual, if we would have converted that 4th and 1 and went on to score a TD, everyone would be calling it a ballsy call and loved it.

So fickle.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Some decisions only look bad in retrospect. I can bet that three quarters of those who are bitching now were in favor of it at the time.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":3ilw7z0p said:
Some decisions only look bad in retrospect. I can bet that three quarters of those who are bitching now were in favor of it at the time.

I thought it was a poor decision at the time. When we didn't get the 1st down on 3rd down, I wanted to kick the FG and take the points. I don't have an issue with the play call per se, as it has worked before, I just didn't think that it was a good idea to go for it at that particular point in the game. The one thing that did bother me was that Pete was SCREAMING for a timeout on that 3rd down and the refs didn't give it to him. Then on the drive at the end of the half when we were down near the goal line on 2nd down about to snap the ball, The Falcons got a timeout called in a situation where the defense had left one of our receivers wide open for what should have been an easy TD. Those two timeouts each made a difference in our ability to score.

bingotown

Reaction score
Ok maybe arrogant prick was over board and a bit out of line. I saw this thread shortly after I read his quote in the USA today. Basically saying he doesn't see it as a mistake but if that's the way you choose to look at it then so be it. Quick summery I don't have the article in front of me. I thought it was a bad decision then, at half time, at the end of the game and now. I can live with bad decisions as long as it realized it was a bad decision so as to avoid it in the future. I believe down 13, on the road, get something on the score board. Start the momentum swing at that point.

It's over and done. It is what it is. I think the experience that these guys gained yesterday will Benefit them greatly in the future.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Complaining about going for it on the 4th and 1 is just results-oriented thinking; the decision itself was good. Almost every team in the NFL goes for it on fourth down far too little.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
mikeak":348k8gj8 said:
I am 100% for going for it on 4th and 1 there. The much more (to me) relevant question is "Pete - what do you think on your play calling on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1? Don't you think RW and Lynch would pick up a yard from a read option 99 out of 100 times?"

I hate the playcalling on that 3rd and 4th down. The most predictable play in the history of the NFL - run straight up the middle - was called when pretty much everything else in our play book gets us the yard. you are loosing, you haven't stopped the opponent, you need points quickly - go for it but not in that fashion....
Agree with this 100%, especially the bolded.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Only arrogant pricks call coaches that have turned their team from a loser to a 11-5 playoff team with a rookie QB an arrogant prick.

Really?

Latest posts