Weakest link on Defense against 49ers.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
I know Bobby’s a fan favorite, last night he was “dunked” on repeatedly by Purdy. Kyle Shanahan clearly sees our LB corp as a weak link in the Seahawks defense.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Yep. That was pretty evident. Bobby is a leader, but he has lost more than a step.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Woolen was pretty bad until he got benched. Teams are figuring out he's a weakness against the run

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I know Bobby’s a fan favorite, last night he was “dunked” on repeatedly by Purdy. Kyle Shanahan clearly sees our LB corp as a weak link in the Seahawks defense.

Well the LB corp is a weak link. Love Bobby and he's a fantastic field general and tackling machine, but I knew he was going to be a liability in coverage. He's a fossil now.

renofox

Reaction score
This was predicted after the Rams did the same exact thing and Bobby ended up with a PFF 20 rating (I never knew they went that low) for pass coverage.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Kyle and Sean are two of the best exploiters in the NFL. It’s no surprise they scheme their best players to get Bobby in space. Going against the rams and 49ers he should never be expected to cover guys like Deebo or cooper kupp. Bobby is still a tremendous tackler, play recognizer, and leader. It’s just hard because they play these two guys twice a year.

knownone

Reaction score
Bobby was fine. You know what you're giving up with him on the field. The weak link is the edge opposite Mafe. It's been the case since Nwosu went down; these guys are singlehandedly destroying our run defense.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Kyle and Sean are two of the best exploiters in the NFL. It’s no surprise they scheme their best players to get Bobby in space. Going against the rams and 49ers he should never be expected to cover guys like Deebo or cooper kupp. Bobby is still a tremendous tackler, play recognizer, and leader. It’s just hard because they play these two guys twice a year.
Yup, our two divisional opponents have shown they know how to exploit our weaknesses better than we know how to exploit theirs. That points to issues in coaching/preparation. Pete and his coordinators routinely get outcoached against McVay and Shanahan these last few years.