Reaction score
marko358":fxxgc3x1 said:
WUnderhill":fxxgc3x1 said:
Seattle's win streak:
AZ x2
SF x2
Sanchez Eagles
St. Louis

Common opponent, AZ. Other than that, one team over .500 and Mark Sanchez was their QB.

Pot, meet kettle.

You're right. Going 12-4 with one of the hardest schedules and getting the #1 seed and best odds to win the Super Bowl is not impressive. If only we had a 6 game losing streak like your team.

Nice change of subject.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":3bzork3c said:
and the QB's that Seattle has beaten during their six game streak?

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

The fact is Carolina has won five straight outscoring their oppoents 138-59, and one of those games was with Derek Anderson starting at QB.

Ya, the same Mark Sanchez that ripped Carolina for 300+ yards passing and 2 TDs.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1bdnoty3 said:
What is it you expect Panther fans? At 3-2-1 your team had a 6 game losing streak. SIX GAMES.

Just what point are you trying to make? Trying to convince Seahawks fans that they don't know what they are talking about?

12-4 after winning a championship with a target on their back, playing its best football of the season. That is all that is the information needed.

Try again.

The point is that this thread is stupid. The point the thread is trying to make is "Carolina's winning streak doesn't count and Seattle's does because of who Carolina played", but when people point out that Seattle's opponents were unimpressive as well it becomes "Well, their record was different 4 games ago!" and "We went 12-4" and other equally stupid and irrelevant arguments.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Panthers don't play well at all on the road. They give up 27 points per game when playing away from Carolina. The only teams they beat on the road were the 3 NFCS teams! They got handled by the Vikings 31-17 right before the streak started too. I don't understand their optimism. Especially now with Star out for them.

Largent80

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":23ky6efh said:
and the QB's that Seattle has beaten during their six game streak?

*Drew Stanton
*Colin Kaepernick
*Mark Sanchez
*Colin Kaepernick
*Ryan Lindley
*Shaun Hill

The fact is Carolina has won five straight outscoring their oppoents 138-59, and one of those games was with Derek Anderson starting at QB.

Keep using that as a comparison and after the game Saturday, realize how wrong you are/were to think it really matters to this defense who the QB is. By the way, we have a TEAM here, not just RW. Plus your supposed superman is 0-3 vs. the Hawks and all those games were in Car.

Cartire

Reaction score
WUnderhill":e8psvquo said:
loafoftatupu":e8psvquo said:
What is it you expect Panther fans? At 3-2-1 your team had a 6 game losing streak. SIX GAMES.

Just what point are you trying to make? Trying to convince Seahawks fans that they don't know what they are talking about?

12-4 after winning a championship with a target on their back, playing its best football of the season. That is all that is the information needed.

Try again.

The point is that this thread is stupid. The point the thread is trying to make is "Carolina's winning streak doesn't count and Seattle's does because of who Carolina played", but when people point out that Seattle's opponents were unimpressive as well it becomes "Well, their record was different 4 games ago!" and "We went 12-4" and other equally stupid and irrelevant arguments.

Our "unimpressive" opponents actually had a legit winning percentage. Team sport.

illmatik

Reaction score
QB does NOT make a whole team. I believe at one point they were saying from a WL perspective before the Seahawks played the Rams it was one of the most impressive 5 game win streaks in NFL history. 9-1 Cardinals, 7-4 49ers, 9-3 Eagles, 7-6 49ers, 11-3 Cardinals. A combined 43-17 WL when the Seahawks played them. So back to my point those teams don't have the best QBs but they are still good teams with great defenses. Once AZ dropped down to Lindley you have an argument of them being mediocore but the Seahawks destroyed AZ with Lindley.

Chawks1

Reaction score
illmatik":3t3uw5ll said:
QB does NOT make a whole team. I believe at one point they were saying from a WL perspective before the Seahawks played the Rams it was one of the most impressive 5 game win streaks in NFL history. 9-1 Cardinals, 7-4 49ers, 9-3 Eagles, 7-6 49ers, 11-3 Cardinals. A combined 43-17 WL when the Seahawks played them. So back to my point those teams don't have the best QBs but they are still good teams with great defenses. Once AZ dropped down to Lindley you have an argument of them being mediocore but the Seahawks destroyed AZ with Lindley.

True....breaking down their win streak bares out how poor the defenses of there opponents were too. They beat the 23rd 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd ranked defenses in the league.....not impressive. LOB + 12's = loss for Panthers.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Chawks1":3hd6jk6h said:
Panthers don't play well at all on the road. They give up 27 points per game when playing away from Carolina. The only teams they beat on the road were the 3 NFCS teams! They got handled by the Vikings 31-17 right before the streak started too. I don't understand their optimism. Especially now with Star out for them.

The Vikings scored 14 points on blocked punts returned for touchdowns. Epic special teams failures does not equal getting "handled" by the Vikings.

Chawks1

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":8mjufejm said:
Chawks1":8mjufejm said:

The Vikings scored 14 points on blocked punts returned for touchdowns. Epic special teams failures does not equal getting "handled" by the Vikings.

You're right you did light them up for 17 points. Good job.

RCATES

Reaction score
I keep hearing Carolina fans talk about how since they made all the roster changes in the secondary they have become a much better Defense. Logic says its because they finished the season playing sub .500 teams. They popped off a 6 games losing streak right before that because "maybe" they were playing better teams. Reality is that Carolina is 1-5-1 against teams above .500 this season. Not good.

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Cartire":33xrlehc said:
WUnderhill":33xrlehc said:
loafoftatupu":33xrlehc said:

Try again.

Our "unimpressive" opponents actually had a legit winning percentage. Team sport.

Well, since we're judging teams based on what their record was at random points in the season, not on what their ending record was, then I guess it's fair to say the Panthers are an undefeated team. I mean, at one point we were 2-0, and that supports my bias, so that's more relevant than our current record because I say so.

If you're talking about the Cardinals, they are a common opponent and Seattle fans would be the first to tell you that a win against them doesn't count after Carson Palmer went down.

So, looking at ending records, Eagles were the only Seattle opponent with a "legit winning percentage" in your win streak, which apparently makes it SO much better than the Panthers win streak.

I think the lesson here is that you guys just need to get over yourselves. Nobody's saying Seattle is a bad team, we're just saying this whole dismissiveness of the Panthers winning streak is more than a little hypocritical and stupid.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
These Panthers fans really have no idea. Cam's first trip into our house. In the playoffs. Lol.

It's gonna be a bloodbath. Look at the last couple times Brees has been here, and that was when he and his team were playing pretty good overall football.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
WUnderhill":14q4042v said:
Cartire":14q4042v said:
WUnderhill":14q4042v said:
loafoftatupu":14q4042v said:

Try again.

Well, since we're judging teams based on what their record was at random points in the season, not on what their ending record was, then I guess it's fair to say the Panthers are an undefeated team. I mean, at one point we were 2-0, and that supports my bias, so that's more relevant than our current record because I say so.

If you're talking about the Cardinals, they are a common opponent and Seattle fans would be the first to tell you that a win against them doesn't count after Carson Palmer went down.

So, looking at ending records, Eagles were the only Seattle opponent with a "legit winning percentage" in your win streak, which apparently makes it SO much better than the Panthers win streak.

I think the lesson here is that you guys just need to get over yourselves. Nobody's saying Seattle is a bad team, we're just saying this whole dismissiveness of the Panthers winning streak is more than a little hypocritical and stupid.

You know you are on a Seattle Seahawks fan board right? Get over ourselves? Just go away then. Good bye.

marko358

Reaction score
WUnderhill":3ubj44tu said:
Cartire":3ubj44tu said:
WUnderhill":3ubj44tu said:
loafoftatupu":3ubj44tu said:

Try again.

Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better about the upcoming curbstomping.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Chawks1":2mdu522q said:
Cary Kollins":2mdu522q said:
Chawks1":2mdu522q said:

You're right you did light them up for 17 points. Good job.

jesus you people are dense

WUnderhill

Reaction score
Your fanbase could really use a loss. It's too bad about Star, but hopefully the Panthers can still give it to you :D

But hey, Saints and 9er's fans are much worse, so you at least have that going for you.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'm going to lock this thread and issue a blanket reminder that if you want to talk smack, do it in the shack. The main forum is for talking about football, not for bickering back and forth and making things personal

Status
Not open for further replies.