Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians: Wilson>Kaepernick

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":36xmw1so said:
Sports Hernia":36xmw1so said:
4BlatantAgent9":36xmw1so said:
Yowzas!!! Seahawk fans invest ALOT of energy hating on the Niners. Almost as much energy in an attempt to convince themselves that Kap sucks and RW is raging phenom that just can't be stopped. Listen fellas, all these stats mean squat. Alex never had and still doesn't have "elite" QB stats, but he can get the job done. Same goes for both of our teams QBs. I'm not even gonna start throwing around who is better at what aspect of the game but I believe if some of you wipe RWs goo from your eyes, you might see it's a bit closer than u think.
So says a forty whiners fan on a Seattle board. Who's the obsessed one again?

So my very first post ever on any Seahawks forum is considered obsessive?? C'mon man, that's clownish. It's not like I got on here bashing Russell, he's a god QB no doubt. But he isn't great....as of now anyways. Kap is ALSO a good QB, not garbage like some of u say. But what's the point, I guess if my teams trophy case was empty, I would throw around scores from a week 2 game also.
Ahhhh the 5 rings/your trophy case talking points. Trolling 101, and you sound like a cowboys fan. BTW were you even born when SF won any of those trophys?

Also where were you after the 42-13 and 29-3 curbstompings???? Not here.

plyka

Reaction score
mikeak":1xf5uwzk said:
plyka":1xf5uwzk said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

Oakland signed a QB with the strongest arm I have seen. I mean the dude could launch it 60 yards sitting down. This is the reason that Oakland is such a dominating force in the NFL today.......

:sarcasm_off:

I don't think many here realized my point. My point was Kaep is the better athlete but Wilson is the better QB (as another poster said it more succinctly i'll just copy him instead of trying to re-explain my post). I think it is without doubt that Kaep has the overall better physical attributes --the height is the main difference, then comes the speed/arm strength which in both cases I think Kaep has the advantage. But that does not matter, because Wilson is pretty damn good in all the athletic respects, but has the QB brain. He has the QB intangibles. Just like Golden Tate lacks the WR intangibles, Wilson has the QB intangibles in spades. His QB brain is far more important than the slight advantage Kaep has in the physical realm.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ninerg":s8v7t0hc said:
Honestly, I respect what R. Wilson has accomplished up to this point, however I believe he still has lot to prove. I like Russell Wilson, I just don't like the brash Seahawks and their fans. Most Niner fans are respectful of Russell Wilson. However, we don't agree that Russell Wilson is better. We do agree that at week 7, Russell Wilson has played better up to this point, do to significant injuries to the Niners receiving corps.

Let us wait until week 17 when RW has Harvin and Kap has Manningham and Crabtree to evaluate.
We don't have to wait. Since youre a big fan of PAST history, SF lost 42-13 last time Seattle played SF with manningham and Crabtree.

Dismas

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":33xh4j4g said:
Sports Hernia":33xh4j4g said:
4BlatantAgent9":33xh4j4g said:
Yowzas!!! Seahawk fans invest ALOT of energy hating on the Niners. Almost as much energy in an attempt to convince themselves that Kap sucks and RW is raging phenom that just can't be stopped. Listen fellas, all these stats mean squat. Alex never had and still doesn't have "elite" QB stats, but he can get the job done. Same goes for both of our teams QBs. I'm not even gonna start throwing around who is better at what aspect of the game but I believe if some of you wipe RWs goo from your eyes, you might see it's a bit closer than u think.

So my very first post ever on any Seahawks forum is considered obsessive?? C'mon man, that's clownish. It's not like I got on here bashing Russell, he's a god QB no doubt. But he isn't great....as of now anyways. Kap is ALSO a good QB, not garbage like some of u say. But what's the point, I guess if my teams trophy case was empty, I would throw around scores from a week 2 game also.

Nicely done!
You really separated yourself from the same old niner fans when you busted out the trophy case argument.
Maybe for your third post you can say "Five Rings" . . that is one hardly any niner fan brings up.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ninerg":1ix607wy said:
Honestly, I respect what R. Wilson has accomplished up to this point, however I believe he still has lot to prove. I like Russell Wilson, I just don't like the brash Seahawks and their fans. Most Niner fans are respectful of Russell Wilson. However, we don't agree that Russell Wilson is better. We do agree that at week 7, Russell Wilson has played better up to this point, do to significant injuries to the Niners receiving corps.

Let us wait until week 17 when RW has Harvin and Kap has Manningham and Crabtree to evaluate.

Keep seeing this from you Niner fans. "Just wait..." We all realize that they're both just getting started with their careers but you Niner fans refuse to admit the truth and I completely disagree about most Niner fans being respectful of Wilson.

In all seriousness, you (nor most of your fan base) will ever show respect. Even if Seattle tramples your team in Candlestick, RW passes for 450 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT and rushes for another 3 TDs, your fan base will simply pick a fall guy and dismiss every bit of it.

This is why it's pointless to try and have a level headed discussion with any of you guys. It's always a back handed compliment, a subtle dig to prop up your fragile egos or railing on about SF's storied history (which is a futile effort by the way as it has zero bearing on the 2013 football season).

I've tried to have these discussions on Niner boards and it has become apparent that discussion is pointless over there unless you are only there to grab your ankles for whomever will respond to your posts, troll or you simply enjoy reading LOL {insert emoticon} after every snide remark by a Niner fan, to a Seahawk fan. I've settled for trolling.

That said, by all means... keep posting, but at least pick a category and stick with it. Are you a kiss ass, a smart ass or do you simply enjoy our forum colors?

** rlkats is the exception imo.

plyka

Reaction score
Johnny":2mg76iit said:
This is a fact that 90% of all NFL fans know..... and for the record, Alex Smith is better than Kaep... Sorry 9ers fans but it's true... :stirthepot:

This should be a thread all on its own. How much of a mistake was it to give up on Alex Smith and turn to Kaep when it wasn't necessary? Alex Smith now leads the only team in the league to be 7-0, he led the 49ers to the NFC Championship game the year before he wsa benched, and with that experience he probably wouldn't have chocked in the Superbowl. It is all too possible that Harbaugh cost the 49ers a superbowl ring had Alex Smith been playing. Not to mention, they don't have him this year.

If Harbaugh was smarter, he may have stuck with Alex and brought Kaep along slowly, just like the Packers did with Rodgers.

Ninerg

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":22bz2hqh said:
Seahawks record vs the Niners since Wilson took the helm? 2-1. 2-0 vs. Kaps Niners.

Nuff said.

Both games were in Seattle. Let see how he plays against the Niners at Candlestick Park.

chris98251

Reaction score

So you don't want to look at week 2 scores from this season or the last game we played last season, but will go back and say we have credibility because we won trophys 20 years ago.

Great arguement for credibility.

Ninerg

Reaction score
plyka":1hb2jsd8 said:
Johnny":1hb2jsd8 said:
This is a fact that 90% of all NFL fans know..... and for the record, Alex Smith is better than Kaep... Sorry 9ers fans but it's true... :stirthepot:

This should be a thread all on its own. How much of a mistake was it to give up on Alex Smith and turn to Kaep when it wasn't necessary? Alex Smith now leads the only team in the league to be 7-0, he led the 49ers to the NFC Championship game the year before he wsa benched, and with that experience he probably wouldn't have chocked in the Superbowl. It is all too possible that Harbaugh cost the 49ers a superbowl ring had Alex Smith been playing. Not to mention, they don't have him this year.

If Harbaugh was smarter, he may have stuck with Alex and brought Kaep along slowly, just like the Packers did with Rodgers.

Using that logic, Pete Carroll should have stuck with Matt Flynn. Lets face it, Pete Carroll took a lot of criticism for going with RW over Flynn. Early on, RW was pretty much a game manager until he became more comfortable with the speed of the NFL game.

What KC is going to learn with Alex is that he can take them only so far being a game manager, at some point you're going to need some dynamics from the QB position that Alex doesn't have. Also, Alex Smith and KC Chiefs have benefited from having the second softest schedule in the NFL. If Kap had the same schedule, the Niners would be 7-0 as well.

There is no way Alex would have brought the Niners back down 17 on the road against the Atlanta in their building in last years NFC Championship. All Niners fans know that. Let's not forget, in that game, that was Kap's 8th start. Russell Wilson played that same team the week before and couldn't pull that game out, although he did get close. Also, Kap came close to pulling out the Superbowl after trailing big time, save for a non-holding call on Crabtree, he would have.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
IIRC, this thread is not about why Seahawk fans think Wilson is better than Kaepernick. It is about why a coach who has faced both thinks Wilson is better.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ninerg":36izdi5m said:
plyka":36izdi5m said:
Johnny":36izdi5m said:

Using that logic, Pete Carroll should have stuck with Matt Flynn. Lets face it, Pete Carroll took a lot of criticism for going with RW over Flynn. Early on, RW was pretty much a game manager until he became more comfortable with the speed of the NFL game.

What KC is going to learn with Alex is that he can take only so far, at some point you're going to need some dynamics from the QB position that Alex doesn't have. Also, Alex Smith and KC Chiefs have benefited from having the second softest schedule in the NFL. If Kap had the same schedule, the Niners would be 7-0 as well.

There is no way Alex would have brought the Niners back down 17 on the road against the Atlanta in their building in last years NFC Championship. All Niners fans know that. Let's not forget, in that game, that was Kap's 8th start. Russell Wilson played that same team the week before and couldn't pull that game out, although he did get close. Also, Kap came close to pulling out the Superbowl after trailing big time, save for a non-holding call on Crabtree, he would have.

Alex Smith had proven that he was capable of reaching the NFCC at the very least. Suddenly every 49er fan thinks he was incapable of winning that game (or a SB)? Flynn had started two games and was injured in the 2012 pre-season. How can you even compare the two decisions?

Go back and look at what your fan base was screaming after weeks 2 and 3. "Why did we trade Alex Smith?!"

rlkats

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3bcxdjxm said:
IIRC, this thread is not about why Seahawk fans think Wilson is better than Kaepernick. It is about why a coach who has faced both thinks Wilson is better.

Yup i agree Scotte. Also why is he even running his mouth he lost to both of us. He needs to shut the up and worry about his own QB. It would have been better to see if he thought Wilson and Kapernick are better than Palmer. Then his opinion means something. Thats my take.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Ninerg":367wdxeo said:
AF_Hawk":367wdxeo said:
Seahawks record vs the Niners since Wilson took the helm? 2-1. 2-0 vs. Kaps Niners.

Nuff said.

Both games were in Seattle. Let see how he plays against the Niners at Candlestick Park.

umm you guys got DESTROYED by INdy at home. Candlestick is hardly intimidating. Wilson has yet to lose by more than 7 points in his career- on the road- yet to lose at home. Kaepernick already has 3 beatdowns of 20+ points on his resume and he's started significantly less games. That alone should tell you how clutch a player is.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":lw8gq9rv said:
Keep seeing this from you Niner fans. "Just wait..." We all realize that they're both just getting started with their careers but you Niner fans refuse to admit the truth and I completely disagree about most Niner fans being respectful of Wilson.

In all seriousness, you (nor most of your fan base) will ever show respect. Even if Seattle tramples your team in Candlestick, RW passes for 450 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT and rushes for another 3 TDs, your fan base will simply pick a fall guy and dismiss every bit of it.

This is why it's pointless to try and have a level headed discussion with any of you guys. It's always a back handed compliment, a subtle dig to prop up your fragile egos or railing on about SF's storied history (which is a futile effort by the way as it has zero bearing on the 2013 football season).
I've tried to have these discussions on Niner boards and it has become apparent that discussion is pointless over there unless you are only there to grab your ankles for whomever will respond to your posts, troll or you simply enjoy reading LOL {insert emoticon} after every snide remark by a Niner fan, to a Seahawk fan. I've settled for trolling.
This is the post of the year as it concerns Whiner fans IMO, especially the bolded part. GREAT post man. I hear this shit all the time from the Whiner fans I work with, compliments that appear to be a positive about the Hawks but are really subtle put downs. See the thing is they know. They see what the Hawks are about to do and they can't stand it.

Starrman44

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1y1mqmn5 said:

I think the green about sums it up (and no I didn't edit what he said)

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1oscxty5 said:
No, the defense took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and of course, Kaepernick choked. He's garbage.[/quote]
austinslater25":1oscxty5 said:
Not sure why I even engage this kind of stuff. No one said Kap was garbage[/b]. It would be crazy to say he hasn't struggled this year for sure. Wilson isn't great? Some very smart NFL minds disagree and considering all the things going on around Wilson his advanced stats put him in the top 5-10 in the NFL in year two of his young career. I think he borders on very good/ great already. that isn't homerism its just the truth and again, a ton of people around the league actually agree with that sentiment.

Like the previous poster already stated to take shots at the organization was ridiculous and wasn't even part of your original point. We are talking about Kap and Wilson. I think your QB has a chance to be great too down the road. I think he also has a chance to somewhat bust based on what I've seen. Thats what makes him intriging, nothing would surprise me to be honest.

Check out Fieldgulls recent work on advanced stats for Wilson. Profootballfocus has done some great work on this and another site that I'm drawing a blank on for some reason at the moment. People are afraid to say it for fear of being called overzealous homers but truth is he is borderline great already. Cowherd, Dilfer, Woodson etc have talked about it numerous times on espn. It is what it is.....

I'm sorry, I must be tripping, but I do believe the quoted text refers to Kap as "garbage". So there's that, but it's cool. You guys are VERY excited about your young QB and for good reason, but as I was trying to illustrate in my first post, he is NOT head and shoulders above Kap. So he certainly is NOT great, let's please use that phrase for the players that were/are truly great. IMHO, the only current players that are great are as follows in no particular order. Brees, Brady, Manning, you could make an argument for others but that's as deep as I'm going.

4BlatantAgent9

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18hlgdn6 said:
4BlatantAgent9":18hlgdn6 said:
Sports Hernia":18hlgdn6 said:
4BlatantAgent9":18hlgdn6 said:

Ahhhh the 5 rings/your trophy case talking points. Trolling 101, and you sound like a cowboys fan. BTW were you even born when SF won any of those trophys?

And as for you sir, Yes I was born in Jan. of '86. So technically I've been alive for 4 out of 5 but I can only remember 1. And the tropheys comment goes hand in hand with all the 42-13 etc. etc. sigs that I see on here. You're so quick to talk about those games but u wanna start crying and sniffling when someone mentions rings or tropheys. But I can appreciete what you're trying to do, so I'll keep it a bit more recent. Seattle traveled to Atlanta and lost...San Fran traveled to Atlanta and won, thus we represented the NFC in the SB. Not Seattle, not Atlanta, not GB. WE are the reigning NFC champs and until that changes you'll have nothing to brag about save for a few regular season blowouts. I apoligize that this is off topic with the Kap/Wilson debate but I believe this forum needs shaken up a bit. There's too many posts of u guys slapping each other on the ass. You know,congratulating each other on having the best QB the world has ever seen.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
4BlatantAgent9":1jkrbsyp said:
Sports Hernia":1jkrbsyp said:
4BlatantAgent9":1jkrbsyp said:
Sports Hernia":1jkrbsyp said:
4BlatantAgent9 said:

And as for you sir, Yes I was born in Jan. of '86. So technically I've been alive for 4 out of 5 but I can only remember 1. And the tropheys comment goes hand in hand with all the 42-13 etc. etc. sigs that I see on here. You're so quick to talk about those games but u wanna start crying and sniffling when someone mentions rings or tropheys. But I can appreciete what you're trying to do, so I'll keep it a bit more recent. Seattle traveled to Atlanta and lost...San Fran traveled to Atlanta and won, thus we represented the NFC in the SB. Not Seattle, not Atlanta, not GB. WE are the reigning NFC champs and until that changes you'll have nothing to brag about save for a few regular season blowouts. I apoligize that this is off topic with the Kap/Wilson debate but I believe this forum needs shaken up a bit. There's too many posts of u guys slapping each other on the ass. You know,congratulating each other on having the best QB the world has ever seen.

Thanks brother! We really needed your level headedness.

Now that you have done us such a solid you can feel free leave with the knowledge that you helped us keep our perspective.