Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians: Wilson>Kaepernick

formido

Reaction score
plyka":3p6e4bhv said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

Wilson is quicker laterally and has bigger hands. These physical traits are a large part of the reason Wilson has a much higher passer rating when throwing from outside of the pocket than Kaepernick does. I realize that I'm spitting in the wind. It will never become conventional wisdom, but Wilson unarguably has some significant superior athletic gifts over Kap that allow him to do what he does.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
As much as I've bemoaned the fact that he sticks in the pocket too long, Wilson's propensity for doing just that is probably one of the biggest reasons for such visible superiority. Everyone's impressed by the gazelle dashing 50 yards for the touchdown, at least, for awhile. But not when it starts to lose the team games.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2jp3wbs0 said:
drdiags":2jp3wbs0 said:
I heard Fitzgerald Sr. caught hell on twitter from irate 9ers fans. Never saw a follow-up story by Sr. to see if he expanded on talking with Arians.

Why shoot the messenger? He was just tweeting what Arians said

Because that's what 49er fans and players do... they shoot people.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2y40n7mu said:
-The Glove-":2y40n7mu said:
drdiags":2y40n7mu said:
I heard Fitzgerald Sr. caught hell on twitter from irate 9ers fans. Never saw a follow-up story by Sr. to see if he expanded on talking with Arians.

Why shoot the messenger? He was just tweeting what Arians said

Because that's what 49er fans and players do... they shoot people.

2119935855 bed8fd6634 o

jlwaters1

Reaction score
RiverDog":2gzassnk said:
plyka":2gzassnk said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.

Kaepernick is fast, but WIlson is just as fast. At the combine Kaepernick = 4.53, Wilson = 4.55, hardly a significant advantage. Kaepernick is a long strider, but is significantly less adept and maneuvering around the pocket. Wilson is quicker than fast, Whereas Kaep is faster than quick. I'd rather have Wilson's short space explosion and escapability than Kaep's marginally superior straight line speed. The both have terrific arm strength. Kaep's may be a A+, whereas Wilson = an A. Both are more than adequate.

mikeak

Reaction score
plyka":1220np3y said:

Oakland signed a QB with the strongest arm I have seen. I mean the dude could launch it 60 yards sitting down. This is the reason that Oakland is such a dominating force in the NFL today.......

:sarcasm_off:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1gdyb768 said:
Kaepernick is the better athlete, Wilson is the better quarterback.

Man, if you put Wilson's brain, personality, and drive in Kaepernick's body, you'd have the best QB basically ever.

The Winston kid at FSU looks to be pretty darn close.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RiverDog":3o3yohej said:
plyka":3o3yohej said:

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.
Best example of what Walsh said: Jeff George

The Radish

Reaction score
The Thursday night crew were right beside Wilson in game warm ups and all said he has a very strong arm, as strong as anyone in the league.

His running around and throwing accurate passes way down field reminds me of Bradshaw who was just as explosive on the run as Wilson. I've seen Bradshaw flat footed throw and accurate pass almost 70 yards in the air to catch a receiver in stride.

:les:

Ninerg

Reaction score
jlwaters1":vvb3p4cy said:
RiverDog":vvb3p4cy said:
plyka":vvb3p4cy said:

Kaepernick is fast, but WIlson is just as fast. At the combine Kaepernick = 4.53, Wilson = 4.55, hardly a significant advantage. Kaepernick is a long strider, but is significantly less adept and maneuvering around the pocket. Wilson is quicker than fast, Whereas Kaep is faster than quick. I'd rather have Wilson's short space explosion and escapability than Kaep's marginally superior straight line speed. The both have terrific arm strength. Kaep's may be a A+, whereas Wilson = an A. Both are more than adequate.

What has Wilson really accomplished in this league? Granted, he's a nice story, being an undersized QB and doing pretty well. However, he haven't accomplished anything in this league. Kap thus far has had greater success, leading the Niners to the Superbowl in only his 9th start. Russell Wilson doesn't have anything like that on is resume, even though Russell Wilson actually has more game experience than Kap. Russell Wilson still have much to prove, so all you haters need to stop hating.

Back to Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, his boy, never won a playoff game before, so he needs to shut up.

Ninerg

Reaction score
The Radish":2211jwb6 said:
The Thursday night crew were right beside Wilson in game warm ups and all said he has a very strong arm, as strong as anyone in the league.

His running around and throwing accurate passes way down field reminds me of Bradshaw who was just as explosive on the run as Wilson. I've seen Bradshaw flat footed throw and accurate pass almost 70 yards in the air to catch a receiver in stride.

:les:

Excuse me, Bradshaw is a 4 time Superbowl champion, I think you need to back away from the Wilson and Bradshaw comparisons.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Ninerg":3qn7i5yo said:
jlwaters1":3qn7i5yo said:
RiverDog":3qn7i5yo said:
plyka":3qn7i5yo said:

What has Wilson really accomplished in this league? Granted, he's a nice story, being an undersized QB and doing pretty well. However, he haven't accomplished anything in this league. Kap thus far has had greater success, leading the Niners to the Superbowl in only his 9th start. Russell Wilson doesn't have anything like that on is resume, even though Russell Wilson actually has more game experience than Kap. Russell Wilson still have much to prove, so all you haters need to stop hating.

Back to Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, his boy, never won a playoff game before, so he needs to shut up.

Alex Smith led the Niners to the NFCCG. Kaep took them one game further. Yeah it must have been all Kaep

Weadoption

Reaction score
Kap's stat line against the Titans could have easily been 2 picks and maybe 100 yards passing, were it not for some acrobat catches and bail-out penalties.
Wilson has had a few games like that this year too though - all young QB's do.
I would definitely say that Wilson>Kap right now 7 games in, in terms of being a decision maker and executing the offense.
still too early to see the "real" trends though, this league is kinda crazy that way.

hawker84

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2j57vkp6 said:
No, the defense took the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and of course, Kaepernick choked. He's garbage.

INCORRECT. niners defense was garbage down the stretch and especially in ATL and the SB. the offense won the GB and ATL game, their defense lost them the SB. More so the secondary than anything else, which is their achiles heel again this year. there secondary is mediocre at best. Reid is really the only bright side i see, Whitner can hit, but is horrible in coverage.