Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians: Wilson>Kaepernick

amill87

Reaction score
What has Wilson really accomplished in this league? Granted, he's a nice story, being an undersized QB and doing pretty well. However, he haven't accomplished anything in this league. Kap thus far has had greater success, leading the Niners to the Superbowl in only his 9th start. Russell Wilson doesn't have anything like that on is resume, even though Russell Wilson actually has more game experience than Kap. Russell Wilson still have much to prove, so all you haters need to stop hating.

Back to Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, his boy, never won a playoff game before, so he needs to shut up.

Peyton Manning's TD record for one. He's beaten each team in his own division. Oh and he's managed to accomplish not being a complete douche.

*edit to add*

Arians has also coached a two time super bowl winning quarterback and the quarterback who is probably going to the best quarterback in the league the next ten years. So yeah he's been around a few good ones.

hawker84

Reaction score
What has Wilson really accomplished in this league? Granted, he's a nice story, being an undersized QB and doing pretty well. However, he haven't accomplished anything in this league. Kap thus far has had greater success, leading the Niners to the Superbowl in only his 9th start. Russell Wilson doesn't have anything like that on is resume, even though Russell Wilson actually has more game experience than Kap. Russell Wilson still have much to prove, so all you haters need to stop hating.

Back to Bruce Arians, Carson Palmer, his boy, never won a playoff game before, so he needs to shut up.

He's comparing playing styles and arm strength, not careers. WTF is wrong with niner fans on this board? last sentence pretty much sums up this poster for me...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Ninerg":calcjkte said:

It's pretty damned debatable that Kaepernick "led" you guys to the Super Bowl. You were a play away from making it with Alexis Smith the year before. Says a lot more about the team around the QB than the QB himself.

You're taking too much credit away from your team and putting it in Kaepernick's hands. Plus, Kaepernick rode the pine for a year-and-a-half, never even able to take the starting job over Alexis Smith.

Wilson thus far in 2013 has more TDs, fewer ints, more passing yards, and a better passer rating than Kaepernick does, through the same # of games. What's also really telling about this is that Wilson doesn't have a fluffer game on his resume this year yet that's bumping up his overall stats by a noticeable margin like Kaepernick does with the "Green Bay's defense never left Wisconsin" game in the season opener. Pete resting him for like a 3rd of the Jacksonville game doesn't help Wilson's stats, either. Also, both teams have had a lot of injuries to overcome, O-line for Seattle and WR for SF mainly, and those things matter, but still.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Is this even debatable at the moment? There isn't a talking head in the media or around the league who would say Kap is a better QB right now in the NFL than Wilson. Just watching the games tells you all you need to know. Could Kap go on to become an all time great or be better than Wilson? Sure he can although I don't see either happening but its possible. But at this stage of their careers its pretty hard to make an intelligent argument saying Kap is better than Wilson. Why is it hard for San Fran fans to admit that? I honestly hope both have great success and this is a rivalry for years to come. Just makes for fun football for everyone.

Ozzy

Reaction score
What has he accomplished? Rookie record for TD's after winning the job late in the preseason and having one of the greatest rookie QB seasons EVER. Being undefeated at home to start his career. Winning a playoff game and almost a second which would of gone down as one of the greatest if not the greatest come from behind playoff performance ever regardless of rookie status or not. What do you mean what has he accomplished? That was one of the most uneducated posts I've seen on here. Not trying to be a jerk but thats just ridiculous....

scakfan

Reaction score
hawker84":3l9ntikn said:

He's comparing playing styles and arm strength, not careers. WTF is wrong with niner fans on this board? last sentence pretty much sums up this poster for me...

The whole paragraph is incomprehensible. At least it is not full of name calling like most 49er homers resort to.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ninerg":1604bu4y said:
jlwaters1":1604bu4y said:
RiverDog":1604bu4y said:
plyka":1604bu4y said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.

Kaepernick is fast, but WIlson is just as fast. At the combine Kaepernick = 4.53, Wilson = 4.55, hardly a significant advantage. Kaepernick is a long strider, but is significantly less adept and maneuvering around the pocket. Wilson is quicker than fast, Whereas Kaep is faster than quick. I'd rather have Wilson's short space explosion and escapability than Kaep's marginally superior straight line speed. The both have terrific arm strength. Kaep's may be a A+, whereas Wilson = an A. Both are more than adequate.

Wilson has lit up your all world defense the last 2 times he played them and the Kraeper has crapped the bed in both those games!

The only thing you left out was the 5 rings rant!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is now the 3rd time I have had to bring these numbers up to the lazy 49er fans who refuse to look up stats and just assume Wilson has accomplished nothing because he didn't go to the SB on the back of team that was already in the NFCC without him the year before.

Look, it's all summed up nicely here for you:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...-records/a7133c91-d30a-454a-89a6-d5b369b956e7

He tied the NFL record for TD passes by a rookie.

Wilson also threw game-winning TD passes in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime three times – against the Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots and Chicago Bears – which was the most by a rookie QB since the NFL/AFL merger in 1970.

If it wasn't for RG3, Wilson would have set another record, but he'll have to just settle for 2nd best all-time:

The NFL rookie record had been 98.1 by the Pittsburgh Steelers’ Ben Roethlisberger in 2004. But Wilson (100.0) and RGIII (102.4) each surpassed it this season. A huge factor in that was Wilson (plus-16) and RGIII (plus-15) also bettering the league rookie record mark for TD/interception differential that was set by the Miami Dolphins’ Dan Mario in 1983 (plus-13).

Wilson set the single-season Seahawk record for passer rating.

Don't see Kaepernick on this list:
Wilson finished fourth in the league in passer rating during the regular season behind the Packers’ Aaron Rodgers (108.0), Denver Broncos’ Manning (105.8) and RGIII. His passer rating in the red zone (107.5, with 18 TDs and no interceptions) was third-best in the league behind the New Orleans Saints’ Drew Brees (112.7) and Rodgers (109.9).

He also fashioned a passer rating of 125-plus in three consecutive games against the Minnesota Vikings (127.3), New York Jets (131.0) and Miami Dolphins (125.0), which set another NFL rookie record.

Wilson became the first rookie QB to begin his career 8-0 at home, and his passer rating of 123.6 at CenturyLink Field during the regular season led the league for home games

And, again, Wilson was even better in the postseason, when his 102.4 rating broke the rookie record of 92.7

Wilson also had more passing yards in the postseason (572) and in a single postseason game (385) than any rookie in league history

By completing 252 of 392 passes during the regular season, Wilson’s completion percentage of .641 ranks third all-time among rookie QBs behind Roethlisberger (.664) and RGIII (.657).

In the game against the Bills in Toronto, Wilson became the first player in NFL history to have three rushing TDs and also pass for a score in the first half of a game.

Wilson completed an NFL rookie record 16 consecutive passes in Week 12 against the Dolphins, which was one shy of the club record set by Warren Moon in 1998.

And he set many team records.

And that was all in year one. 49er fans can shut up now about how Wilson hasn't accomplished anything in this league.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
And let us not forget that, according to all the media pundits and talking heads, RW did all that with a sub-par, mediocre, below average, et. al receiving corps full of no-buddy's.

amill87

Reaction score
HawkFan72":16cgdc37 said:
A bunch of awesome stuff

Cue the Niner's fans running in to tell us what Kaep has accomplished, completely missing the point once again.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":15me55ju said:
Kaepernick is the better athlete, Wilson is the better quarterback.

Man, if you put Wilson's brain, personality, and drive in Kaepernick's body, you'd have the best QB basically ever.
Wilson is the way he is because of what he had to overcome--his deficiencies define him. If he had Kaepernick's body he'd be a mentally lazy, bicep-kissing, gonnarhea-addled prima-donna gazelle...who would NOT have been drafted by the Seahawks.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2qougd7c said:
-The Glove-":2qougd7c said:
drdiags":2qougd7c said:
I heard Fitzgerald Sr. caught hell on twitter from irate 9ers fans. Never saw a follow-up story by Sr. to see if he expanded on talking with Arians.

Why shoot the messenger? He was just tweeting what Arians said

Because that's what 49er fans and players do... they shoot people.
Only over crack.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Ninerg":3vztds6y said:
jlwaters1":3vztds6y said:
RiverDog":3vztds6y said:
plyka":3vztds6y said:
There is no question who the better QB is. Kaep is physically gifted, the man runs like a gazelle. He may be one of the fastest players in the NFL! He has a better arm than Wilson as well. So Kaep is faster, taller and has a better arm. In fact, the only place that Wilson has the edge is the place where it matters most, between the ears. Wilson = professor, Kaep = high school drop out.

He has a stronger arm, but I wouldn't call it a better arm. IMO Russell has a cleaner, more accurate delivery.

Bill Walsh once said that arm strength is one of the least important attributes of a good NFL quarterback.

Kaepernick is fast, but WIlson is just as fast. At the combine Kaepernick = 4.53, Wilson = 4.55, hardly a significant advantage. Kaepernick is a long strider, but is significantly less adept and maneuvering around the pocket. Wilson is quicker than fast, Whereas Kaep is faster than quick. I'd rather have Wilson's short space explosion and escapability than Kaep's marginally superior straight line speed. The both have terrific arm strength. Kaep's may be a A+, whereas Wilson = an A. Both are more than adequate.

Wilson's a year younger. He took over a mediocre team his rookie year and upgraded them to a playoff team and won in the playoffs. Kaep was picking splinters out of his ass all through his rookie year. Wilson was the man from day one.

rlkats

Reaction score
This thread should not be responded by any Niner fan that has a GD brain, Wilson is better than Kap right now. Kap is stuggling and not as accurate this year as he was last year. Also as one poster said his numbers could have been alot different against the Titans. But they were not yes his Reciever and TE bailed him out (is this not the task of a weapon). But Kap did not throw the game away he managed it and won with a complete team help. Yes Kap has little help at the reciever position and Boldin is not a seperation reciever. But old Tom Brady it winning with less. So the BS excuses need to stop. Also not to stir the pot or start crap but if the hawks run game was not as deadly as it is Wilson and the offense would stuggle MORE.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rlkats":1u23260d said:
Also not to stir the pot or start crap but if the hawks run game was not as deadly as it is Wilson and the offense would stuggle MORE.

Well, yeah, that's true of any QB. But the 49ers do have a run game, so I'm not sure that helps arguments in Kaepernick's favor.

It should be noted that the Hawks have been playing with mostly 2nd string on the line for a chunk of games, yet have still been able to produce strong rushing and passing performances despite that. Same for the Broncos. It shows that the QB is good no matter who is lining up to block for them.

The 49ers have one of the best O-lines in the league and their O-line has been fairly healthy, yet their running game and passing game have struggled badly this year at times.

rlkats

Reaction score
It does not help Kaps argument that was not the purpose. Just speaking more in terms of the progress between Wilson and Kap. I ask you this. What is the difference between both teams offense.

SF oline gets evened out by Marshawn tough runnnig
Both teams WR are average to not scary right now in my opinion
Marshawn and Gore are two completely different runners. My Niners rely on him hard.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long story Wilson and Kap has to be the difference and the difference is Wilson is having more success right now. Kap is struggling bad in my opinion. I have not been impressed since the GB game. The hawks right now are more balanced, hopefully that will change when the rest of our recievers come back hopefully healthy.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
rlkats":3s5qsfdp said:
Also not to stir the pot or start crap but if the hawks run game was not as deadly as it is Wilson and the offense would stuggle MORE.

Well damn, good thing it is as deadly as perceived. Love what Pete and John has done with this team. I think we're the most complete team in the NFL. Literally every position is good except for the a few spots on the oline which is bad. Good thing Unger is back and Okung & Giac is coming back too. So happy that Wilson, although doesn't have those FF nuts going crazy, has been the undisputed leader of this team and has done so much for us by leading the team to all those comebacks and victories. It's great; Russell Wilson. :179417:

Not saying Kaep isn't doing it either for the niners, but I just think Wilson is awesome. I like Kaep too and I think he's a good QB.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
rlkats":2vapzul3 said:
It does not help Kaps argument that was not the purpose. Just speaking more in terms of the progress between Wilson and Kap. I ask you this. What is the difference between both teams offense.

SF oline gets evened out by Marshawn tough runnnig
Both teams WR are average to not scary right now in my opinion
Marshawn and Gore are two completely different runners. My Niners rely on him hard.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long story Wilson and Kap has to be the difference and the difference is Wilson is having more success right now. Kap is struggling bad in my opinion. I have not been impressed since the GB game. The hawks right now are more balanced, hopefully that will change when the rest of our recievers come back hopefully healthy.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.