Can Seahawks Win HFA If

olyfan63

Reaction score
jkitsune":32t71m31 said:
Head-to-head DOES NOT MATTER in a >2-team tie, UNLESS one team has beaten ALL other teams they are tied with OR one team has LOST to ALL other teams they are tied with.

The first tiebreaker for multi-team ties is CONFERENCE record. Seattle has lost only one NFC game thus far (Cowboys), and holds a tiebreaker over nearly every other team in the NFC as a result.

The only team that has a tiebreaker over the Seahawks right now is the Cowboys. Because this is a head-to-head tiebreaker, this ONLY applies if the Cowboys and Seahawks are the ONLY teams involved in the tiebreaking scenario. Seattle will win a 3-way tie over the Cowboys as it stands right now.
MontanaHawk05":32t71m31 said:
Okay, THANK YOU. It isn't NECESSARY to highlight all your IMPORTANT WORDS with CAPS LOCK. We all possess FIFTH-GRADE READING COMPREHENSION and can spot the IMPORTANT CONCEPTS for ourselves. ;)

Small nitpick: we've lost two NFC games (Cowboys and Rams), so we'd tie Detroit for conference record and bring it down to common games. But as long as we win out, we'll own that tiebreaker as well.

jkitsune":32t71m31 said:
I capitalized with shift, NOT with caps lock. Come on, now!

Thank you for highlighting the IMPORTANT WORDS in your post. It helps me until such time as I can afford my NEW GLASSES prescription. Damned SMALL TYPE anyway. Plus, I'm sure it's easier to type than the [ / b] stuff.

And, ABSOLUTELY THANK YOU FOR NOT CAPITALIZING EVERYTHING IN YOU POST BECAUSE IT'S SO DAMN ANNOYING WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2whk9qt6 said:
I mean...I'll tune in and root for Atlanta until the game gets out of hand. I'd love to be surprised. I expect them to get flattened.
Uninfortunately I agree. I just don't see them losing to anybody except Detroit possibly.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I think we'll have to settle for the #2 seed. I don't see GB losing another game.

That Rams loss really hurts now...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The #1 seed is going to end up playing probably something like the winner of Arizona vs. NFC South. They're not exactly going to get a difficult draw in the second round. Whoever gets the 1 seed can practically be penned into the NFC Title Game.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2qz953bt said:
Vpk0718":2qz953bt said:
I think we'll have to settle for the #2 seed. I don't see GB losing another game.

That Rams loss really hurts now...

If we get the #2 seed, we're going to the superbowl. Green Bay are still soft as shit. Either some wildcard team will beat them in Lambeau, or we will. Not worried about that girly team in the slightest.

I completely agree with this. Green Bay has no chance against Seattle on any field. Their soft team will get smoked again, even on their field. I would be worried about Detroit more than Green Bay and I'm not worried about Detroit too much either.

idahawks

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2tjlgzpo said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Cowboys have the tiebreaker on us in head to head. I'm pretty sure that we need the eagles to win their division for us to edge out the cowboys for hfa. If the eagles beat the cowboys next week, and GB loses 1 game and we win out we would have hfa.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
idahawks":35wbb9ej said:
Pandion Haliaetus":35wbb9ej said:
The season ends with:
Seahawks 12-4
Packers 12-4 (L to Det)
Lions 12-4
Cards 12-4 (L to Sea)
Cowboys or Eagles 12-4

Cowboys have the tiebreaker on us in head to head. I'm pretty sure that we need the eagles to win their division for us to edge out the cowboys for hfa. If the eagles beat the cowboys next week, and GB loses 1 game and we win out we would have hfa.
Correct. We really want Philadelphia to beat Dallas Sunday night. The more I think about it the more I see Detroit having a really good chance of stealing the NFCN right from under Green Bay's nose. That team has a serious defense and with Reggie Bush healthy that offense is above average and can score when needed basically very similar to us.

All things being equal those two teams will be 12-3 and 11-4 going into the last game if form holds.

Latest posts