How far can our young edges go?

toffee

Reaction score
Our soph edge Mafe Is doing very well, showing potential to be a star in the making. He is graded #2 among class of '22 by PFF
Screenshot 2023 10 28 12 41 29 65 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12
Our rookie Derick Hall either needs more snaps, or needs to show improvement to earn those snaps. He is #4 in his class.

Screenshot 2023 10 28 12 38 43 05 40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12
Can Derick develop into another star?

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
I am slightly concerned about our pass rush relying on the young guys. Even with Clark, we probably need another proven edge rusher.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I am slightly concerned about our pass rush relying on the young guys. Even with Clark, we probably need another proven edge rusher.
Mafe is on the right track, he was good last year too, but this year he added pass rush to his run defense. I think Mada will be a star.

Hall? Not fo aure, felt like he was a reach when we drafted him, and he has been in, but few flashes.

Chevy

Reaction score
Our CBs coverage is really good, which gives our young pass rushers extra time to get after the QB. I hope Hall starts and can show out with some QB pressures.

Mad Dog

Reaction score

We have Mafe, Taylor, Hall, Clark with Bell and Smith as reserves on the PS. Sure, you can never have enough EDGE players but that is really talking overkill. We are one of the best pass rush teams in the league right now.

What the team really needs is Bobby 2.0. A stud MLB. Bobby's slowing down and Brooks is really best at WILL, free from the strains of calling plays and getting people set.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
We have Mafe, Taylor, Hall, Clark with Bell and Smith as reserves on the PS. Sure, you can never have enough EDGE players but that is really talking overkill. We are one of the best pass rush teams in the league right now.

What the team really needs is Bobby 2.0. A stud MLB. Bobby's slowing down and Brooks is really best at WILL, free from the strains of calling plays and getting people set.

Mafe is the complete package, pass rush and run defense, Taylor still have deficiency in run defense which is making him a pass down only guy, Hall is a rookie that has yet to flash. Clark didn't play much this year, he could be ready to contribute or not.

Can we move Brooks to Edge? and start Bush at MLB?

knownone

Reaction score

We're in the bottom 20 in pass rush if you remove the Giants game. We just lost our best pass rusher. And now we're relying on a rookie, an inconsistent starter, and a 30-year-old who has battled injuries for four straight seasons.

If they can add another EDGE for a reasonable price, they should.

LTH

Reaction score
Our soph edge Mafe Is doing very well, showing potential to be a star in the making. He is graded #2 among class of '22 by PFF
View attachment 61450
Our rookie Derick Hall either needs more snaps, or needs to show improvement to earn those snaps. He is #4 in his class.

View attachment 61451
Can Derick develop into another star?
I think Hall is doing just fine. KJ said he had the talent to be rookie of the year. 7 games in he hasn't shown that to me but there is a lot of football to be played yet.

LTH

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
We basically have 4 young edges?
  1. Mafa: He is on the right track, if he keeps playing at his current level with some improvements, he may get pro bowl mentions.
  2. Hall: Still a rookie, but sure haven't flash much, and he didn't flash that much in college either, at this point, I question his ceiling. Praying that he prove me wrong.
  3. Taylor: If he can play at the level of last game, he will be serviceable, and be a rotation piece.
  4. Levi Bell: I would love to see him play in a regular game. May be he could be our Bryce Huff?

Latest posts