C.J. Prosise has a first-degree sprain (hip)

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I don't think his ability was ever in question, as we'd seen some good play from him in the 30 minutes of time he was on the field in the past couple years. But health matters. If the guy stays strong, he'll contribute in some exciting ways.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
It's not that big of an investment. They likely won't cut him if healthy, but it won't have anything to do with the 3rd rounder. That's not only a sunk cost, it's a 3 year old sunk cost. It would be hard to be more irrelevant.

chet380

Reaction score
That looked like the Prosise in his rookie season!! ... Who is going to be RB2?

As to an injury, he was interviewed after the game and looked happy and OK ... no mention of an injury.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
chet380":236xtszb said:
That looked like the Prosise in his rookie season!! ... Who is going to be RB2?

As to an injury, he was interviewed after the game and looked happy and OK ... no mention of an injury.

Wait until he climbs into the hot tub. . . :stirthepot:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Let me rephrase. My point is that him being a 3rd round pick, his past performance when on the field, PLUS the fact that he's really really cheap, is why he has a roster spot. Even if we stash him on IR.

I get that at some point, eventually it feels pointless. But he's not a "burden" on our team, so there's no reason to get rid of him beyond just being frustrated with him as fans.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
If anyone has read the Dark Tower series they will under stand me when I say, that performance by Procise was all GLAM! I hope the team does not keep him over Homer. I’m just done with the promise of Procise, and getting the reality of him.

knownone

Reaction score
This is one of the more intriguing situations to watch with cut day looming. I don’t see how you can cut him personally. His talent is clearly higher than anyone you could replace him with.

We have 3 legitimate starting running backs.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2uokoila said:
They're not going to waive him. He was a 3rd round pick, which is a huge investment. He's cheap, and his upside is ridiculous

Eh he's on the final year of his rookie deal, they would be stupid to sign him to any kind of extension. I can see him making it, he is really talented. But availability is 50% of the battle and I think we need to see him make it through another week of practice and Thursday before we keep him over Homer.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3exg1af8 said:
Let me rephrase. My point is that him being a 3rd round pick, his past performance when on the field, PLUS the fact that he's really really cheap, is why he has a roster spot. Even if we stash him on IR.

I get that at some point, eventually it feels pointless. But he's not a "burden" on our team, so there's no reason to get rid of him beyond just being frustrated with him as fans.

You are way oversimplifying things. The reason to get rid of him is you cut a guy like Homer and risk losing him to another team because you kept Procise who could be on IR. A big reason the Hawks lost Alex Collins (he had one good year and one terrible one) is they decided to keep CJ instead.

FWIW I think you're right I would keep him -- but it's not that cut and dry.

toffee

Reaction score
If CJ can stay healthy, he could be better than Penny, heck he is better than Penny.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
What a tease!

You can see why Pn’J have kept him around the talent is there. However, the dependability isn’t.

He’s fooled the team long enough, if kept he’s on IR before the bye. JMO of course, and how I’d like to be wrong but his history tells the real story.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Donn2390":1dx02iov said:
Sure fun watching Prosise pissing all over the nay sayers tonight.
Yep just made his case for the ring of honor vs 4th string scrubs or maybe just for walking out onto the field without hurting himself.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2k6c00ow said:
Scorpion05":2k6c00ow said:

You are way oversimplifying things. The reason to get rid of him is you cut a guy like Homer and risk losing him to another team because you kept Procise who could be on IR. A big reason the Hawks lost Alex Collins (he had one good year and one terrible one) is they decided to keep CJ instead.

For me it is. You guys are freaking out over a roster spot, as if that’s usually the beginning or end of the team. If he’s on IR, the roster spot is open. If he’s on the team, he’s healthy enough for potentially game breaking snaps.

Homer is a rookie, and I get that we’re excited over rookies. But what about Homer would make a coach want to keep him over CJ?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3bny17cy said:
WestcoastSteve":3bny17cy said:
Scorpion05":3bny17cy said:

For me it is. You guys are freaking out over a roster spot, as if that’s usually the beginning or end of the team. If he’s on IR, the roster spot is open. If he’s on the team, he’s healthy enough for potentially game breaking snaps.

Homer is a rookie, and I get that we’re excited over rookies. But what about Homer would make a coach want to keep him over CJ?

How about the ability to stay on the field? CJ has not proven anything and after a few series and a couple good runs vs guys who weren't interested in playing or getting hurt and hes all of a sudden the number 2.

Jville

Reaction score
CJ Prosise really pops off the screen. Some backs are demanding of their blockers while others complement and facilitate blockers. In my eyes, CJ Prosise sets up his blockers really well. He makes the offensive line look dynamic.

He flutters ....... constantly changing speed and direction. A distinct running back style to my eye. After last night's audition, I'm reminded as to why Carroll has hung in there with CJ's trials and challenges.

To my way of thinking, CJ has the running style that can ignite an offense by coming off the bench. I can't help by be excited about what he can bring to the field this season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Prosise was a pleasant surprise and the best thing is he finished the game healthy (at least for now). If nothing else, he could up his trade value. The Texans are hurting in the rb dept. Having a good showing against the Raiders will either help him make the roster or get traded.

pehawk

Reaction score
I totally forgot he's 225. No wonder Pete and John struggle to let go.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
It's been argued that PC holds on to guys--both coaches and players--too long.

If C.J. has a good year this year and stays healthy, he should be extremely grateful to have a coach like that, even if the rest of us get a bit exasperated at times.

Latest posts