C.J. Prosise has a first-degree sprain (hip)

themunn

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3pk2j63j said:
So weird... Pete almost sounded like his voice was broken up and he was holding back tears when talking about CJ. I wonder if his injuries were more serious the last few years than originally thought. I think there is a piece of the story that we don't know.

As far as his skill is concerned, he is insane. He can run up the gut with decent power, he can slash you from the outside, and he is quite possibly one of the best receiving backs in the NFL. His route running is very precise and he has very good hands and YAC ability. Really good back for about a few drives per year.

I imagine, rather than the narrative that he will sit over hangnail that is so pervasive, that rather he's worked his ass off and just been one of those guys who has been unlucky with injury after injury.
I remember several players calling out Christine Michael as being soft when Prosise had his breakout game, to the effect of "we finally have a running back willing to take and dish out some punishment", Michael is cut a few days later and the following week Prosise has a season ending injury. I don't think heart has ever been the problem, and if he's truly over his injury woes then he is likely going to be a huge asset to the team this year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
themunn":ymplfhvx said:
Spin Doctor":ymplfhvx said:
So weird... Pete almost sounded like his voice was broken up and he was holding back tears when talking about CJ. I wonder if his injuries were more serious the last few years than originally thought. I think there is a piece of the story that we don't know.

As far as his skill is concerned, he is insane. He can run up the gut with decent power, he can slash you from the outside, and he is quite possibly one of the best receiving backs in the NFL. His route running is very precise and he has very good hands and YAC ability. Really good back for about a few drives per year.

I imagine, rather than the narrative that he will sit over hangnail that is so pervasive, that rather he's worked his ass off and just been one of those guys who has been unlucky with injury after injury.
I remember several players calling out Christine Michael as being soft when Prosise had his breakout game, to the effect of "we finally have a running back willing to take and dish out some punishment", Michael is cut a few days later and the following week Prosise has a season ending injury. I don't think heart has ever been the problem, and if he's truly over his injury woes then he is likely going to be a huge asset to the team this year.
Could it be as with Luck that CJ just doesn't have the body that can
take playing the game?We have all seen those kind of players over the years
that have the talent but just cannot showcase it because the get hurt easily.
I think CJ should walk away while he's finallly healthy so he can stay that way.
I have been hard on him (true)but I think I really could deal with him quitting.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I still love watching him run. He doesn't have gears, he has a CVT. He is so smooth when he kicks into high speed, or slows, that it's tough for a defender to read. I understand why he is so loved by the coaches, and I hope he proves me wrong about his durability, this year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1moe0lkq said:
It's been argued that PC holds on to guys--both coaches and players--too long.

If C.J. has a good year this year and stays healthy, he should be extremely grateful to have a coach like that, even if the rest of us get a bit exasperated at times.
Yep.

PC’s biggest strength is his loyalty.

PC’s biggest weakness is his loyalty.

McGruff

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3sgpcmqp said:
Ad Hawk":3sgpcmqp said:

If C.J. has a good year this year and stays healthy, he should be extremely grateful to have a coach like that, even if the rest of us get a bit exasperated at times.
Yep.

I always thoughr it was khaki pants.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":38yl37ja said:
Sports Hernia":38yl37ja said:
Ad Hawk":38yl37ja said:

Yep.

Or the bubble gum.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Ad Hawk":1qz8mpxl said:
McGruff":1qz8mpxl said:
Sports Hernia":1qz8mpxl said:
Ad Hawk":1qz8mpxl said:

Yep.

Or the bubble gum.

All y'all are WRONG. It's them damn Air Monarchs :twisted:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Looks like he's making the team. So many hard liners about him have full daipers and it's pretty hilarious. It is unexpected, but still...all foaming at the mouth about what a waste of living cells he is and now look.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
I hope he makes it as he is a different proposition to Carson/Penny and can usually make the first tackler miss. If he stays healthy (big IF obviously) then we have 3 great/good running backs heading into the season.

Excited!!!!!

Go Hawks!

Ruminator

Reaction score
There was talk in the Game Day forum about him coming out with an injury. I'm guessing it was something insignificant, but I've yet to hear any details. It did seem abrupt when he came out of the game in the middle of a quarter, though. And didn't return for the rest of the game.

Seymour

Reaction score
Pete has tolerated Prosise to this point and now that he appears "more" healthy and showing why they've kept his spot....they sure as hell don't pull the plug on him now. He's pulled off securing another miracle roster spot without a doubt. :|

950 is reporting he came away from the game healthy and feeling good.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
You have to admit...it would really be a cool story if he finally got healthy and played a role.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Sure appears that he's no longer bothered by a first-degree hip sprain. Possible to revise thread title to something like "Procise finally healthy?" ? Including the question-mark, naturally -- it's Procise.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ruminator":1mbohk2p said:
Sure appears that he's no longer bothered by a first-degree hip sprain. Possible to revise thread title to something like "Procise finally healthy?" ? Including the question-mark, naturally -- it's Procise.

Nope, no thanks!!

Bad Karma to change to that title just to change it back a week later. :141847_bnono:

McGruff

Reaction score
Ruminator":157cpx6i said:

Who is Procise?

olyfan63

Reaction score
I wore my Prosise jersey around town Thursday, and only had one person ask me "who's that" (Prosise). The rest just said "Go Hawks!" and assumed it was an old Robert Turbin jersey.

That said, It really is time for people to retire their Sherman 25 jerseys and go with something else. I recommend Lockett jerseys myself. It's not too early to invest in a BBK jersey either, IMO.

It's been lean and lonely here holding together the CJ Prosise fan club here with only a couple other true believers. I still think the team has not told us the whole story on Prosise's injuries. Especially after the fractured scapula in 2016, things were simply worse than the team let on.

It was a bit saddening to see so many people willing to jump all over CJ Prosise's case, based on unfounded assumptions and guesswork. Everything about CJ and the way Pete was handling the situation said that Pete knew CJ was a high character guy and was betting on him to do the work and make it back. This NFL game is freakin violent and brutal and nothing is guaranteed.

All that said, Prosise could get dinged up tomorrow. Not For Long. Personally, I think he will be healthy and play in 12+ games this year. Not based on anything other than a wish and a hunch that the last offseason surgeries actually fixed the underlying medical issues. Whatever else, when healthy, Prosise is fun to watch and I'm glad he's still, for now, in a Seahawks uni.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Will anybody really be surprised when he's placed on the IR by week 3? I cant believe this guy is still taking up a roster spot.

Latest posts