Bye Week Topic - Favorite Sports Radio Show?

What is the best sports radio show?

• Mitch - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Softie - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Brock & Danny - 710

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • Bob & Groz - 710

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Various - Sirius/XM NFL Radio

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Other - List your choice below

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I'm able to listen to radio on my phone while at work, and I usually have KJR on using the I heart radio app. I'll occasionally have the ESPN radio app and will listen to Brock and try to ignore Danny.

I'd say my favorite personality is Brock. I find his insight, voice, and communication style to be appealing when he's not talking about fluff. Sometimes there's too much back-and-forth between him and Danny so I tend to shy away from ESPN radio.

My favorite show on KJR is with Ian Furness. I think him and Puckett do a great job, and are interesting and insightful. They do such a good job that I can overlook the Coug background.

I don't particularly like Softy but I keep listening to him out of habit. Maybe it's the excitement that the end of the work day is approaching.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Tical21":3nl1xuor said:
The answer is Mitch, and it isn't close. One of the best in the country. The only personality in this market capable of original deep thought. I'm not going to argue about it, go ahead and listen to Brock Huard.

Puckett and Furness are pretty good when they're on topic, and they're great with Rob Rang and Farrar. Puckett surprises me sometimes.

Wassel is really good. That should be his show.

There was an evening show with Wassel, Crabtree and Pittman that was really good. Second in the area behind Mitch.

Salk was also one of the better in the country. Original thought! What a concept! Unlistenable since he left.

Softy is a joke. Never once had a compelling thought. I do love the Honks though. Dick Baird cracks me up.

Hugh Millen is the single best asset to the local market. There aren't many media members on the planet capable of what he shares, and bright enough with sound enough instincts to put it all together. I've met him a few times, very douchey, but for the football nerd, radio doesn't get any better.

Clayton's show is pretty unlistenable. Very good reporter. Has a horrible radio personality and doesn't know football.

I miss Locke terribly.

I gotta agree with you again.

Mitch is the only one that really puts effort and work into his interviews. I listen to his shows as often as I can.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
Due to the fact that I live in Texas, I don't get to listen as often as I'd like to the KJR guys unless I use IHeartRadio on my iPhone (a couple of times a week).

That said, I really enjoy listening to Softy, but am NOT a fan of Mitch. Softy lets himself get all worked up, sometimes over the top, but I love his energy and his oft-raspy voice. Mitch just drones on and on as if his opinion on everything is the sole reason I get up in the mornings. He takes 30 minutes to say something anyone else can state in 10 seconds.

As far as national media, I enjoy Colin Cowherd when he fills in for Olbermann at night, and I find Mike & Mike to be very productive, insightful radio.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Brock and Salk was really excellent. I miss Salk. Danny is no Salk, but Im willing to give him some time to find himself. Salk is a long term radio guy, Danny is making a transition from print media. Right now the show slides into silliness sometimes, sounding like some college kids. I like to believe it will come around when Danny finds his radio self, and if not, maybe they can find someone else to pair with Brock. I like Brock, but he needs to paired with someone who is a bit more cynical, a bit edgier.

When Im in the Seattle area and its early football Season 710am sometimes plays baseball games..then, and only then do I turn to KJR.. too shock jocky too often for me.