Bye Week Topic - Favorite Sports Radio Show?

What is the best sports radio show?

• Mitch - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Softie - KJR

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • Brock & Danny - 710

Votes: 64 65.3%
  • Bob & Groz - 710

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Various - Sirius/XM NFL Radio

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Other - List your choice below

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":p8fqqd1b said:
Throwdown":p8fqqd1b said:
Tical21":p8fqqd1b said:
Ok, I can't take it anymore. Brock Huard? Completely unlistenable, I'm sorry. One of, if not the most annoying personality in sports radio history, and there have been some doozies. "You mean to tell me, that Peyton Manning, with all his experience, and all his accolades, and all thousands of yards, and the theatre, and the pageantry, and the ballerina feet and the hand waving, and all his gestures, you mean to tell me that guy isn't one of the most intimidating presences in the history of this league....I don't know what to tell ya". It is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over. Nobody takes more time to explain absolutely nothing. You can't tell me you have ever learned a thing about football from Brock Huard. It is just so remedial. I'm sorry.

But when he does explain things about the game he's right more times than anothe certain UW QB, just sayin'

Sounds like he was a Brian Davis fan doesn't it :)

Brian Davis was THE WORST announcer when the Sonics were here, I'm glad OKC gets to deal with his trash ass, kind of a little pay back. Take our team? Take that clown with ya.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We dont get those radio shows here. So I can not assist. I think after reading these posts....it is a good thing.
LOL

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Danny is the worst annoying POS out there.. wheres the love for softy?

therealsm

Reaction score
My local ESPN station carries Brock and Danny, Bob and Groz and Wyman, Mike and Moore. I like Brock and Danny the best because, even though Danny can get annoying (Salk was a thousand times better), Brock knows a lot and explains it well. Plus, Wassel is freakin awesome. Jim Moore is almost on the same annoyance levels as o'neil mainly because all he does is go on about the Cougs. And then Bob and Groz are just kind of meh.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I want to change my Vote to Clayton. Mitch is the only local sports to listen to until 9:00 AM, which make him the only game in town. But his complete refusal to post podcasts because his contract only takes "live" audience into account irritates me to no end. When does it matter? Even if you don't like Mitch the Mike Holmgren segments are pure gold, but since the don't start until 9:00 AM usually (to compete with the Pete Carroll show, and the Start of Brock and Danny), I and probably most of you that start work between 8:00 am and 9:00 am don't get to hear them either.

But hey screw the consumer when you have a monopoly on a time slot because you don't have the business acumen to monetize your content... fail. If Brock started at 7:00 am, I would never listen to Mitch again out of pure spite. (Feels shame for having to get his Seahawks fix every morning, no matter who's giving it)

Softy on the other hand... check out the podcast when Holmgren is talking with Gruden, pure gold. Thanks Softy! http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/pages/sof ... e=11851456

Veilside

Reaction score
I voted Brock and Danny but would change my vote to Clayton if he was on here. Didn't think about him because I only get to hear him briefly on Saturdays. I think Clayton is by far the best.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Veilside":1kn0a94k said:
I voted Brock and Danny but would change my vote to Clayton if he was on here. Didn't think about him because I only get to hear him briefly on Saturdays. I think Clayton is by far the best.

I like how he will never hang up on a caller unless there is a commercial break. I've heard him talk to one caller for a whole segment.

jdblack

Reaction score
Jim Moore is one of the most annoying people I have ever become acquainted with.

amill87

Reaction score
Brock and Danny but like others have said only because of Brock.

Wyman, Mike, and Moore isn't too bad even though I can't stand Jim Moore. I work nights so I don't get to listen too often though because I can't listen to AM radio at work (due to weak signals).

I listen every day to Brock and Danny and Bob and Groz. Bob and Groz I only really listen to for the occasional good interview they have and because I am just too addicted to the Hawks so I put up with it.

I try to catch all of their segments with Clayton. He can be a bit pompous sometimes but he 99% awesome cause he does know a lot, is level headed about football (does not rush to conclusions), and is hilarious.

The worst radio happened awhile back when Brock was out traveling for his college board casting stuff and Bob filled in for him. Him and Danny were just so awful. They were freaking about the Hawks winning poorly and I swear the team was 1-7 listening to them. I actually turned off sports radio for the first time in many months. The worst part? Now they are mostly (Danny makes fun of himself for it occasionally) trying to pretend like they were never worried and have gone the opposite direction and are back to be complete homers.

Appleegg1

Reaction score
Easily Brock and Danny.
Hate Groz, arrogant, no-nothing big mouth.
Holmgrin is very insightful.
Hugh Mullen is a tool who finds it impossible to admit when he is wrong-
I used to really love espn radios late night with Jason smith- was sad to see him go. Found mike Salk to kinda be a poor mans Jason smith, then Salk left and I kinda find Danny a poor mans mike Salk. Really enjoyed the humor of all three.
To Danny's credit, I appreciate the knowledge he has brought from his experience as the hawks beat writer all those years. And Danny does his homework and puts in the hours, I appreciate that.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I like listening to Mitch in the morning and Mike Holmgren or the round table. I did not like Hugh Millen last year, but now I am ok. I can't handle Brock and Danny, I loved Salk and his delivery. Brock sometimes find it hard to get to the point. Danny is not helping either to keep him on check like how Salk would do.

Kakaww

Reaction score
I really enjoy listening to Brock. I can not stand Softy. He feels very fake to me. He has some bizarre radio host accent and persona that is like nails on a chalk board to me. Isn't he a local guy? Mitch is ok when he isn't restating everything he says two to three times, especially if he thinks he said something funny or someone isn't agreeing with him.

I grew up reading John Clayton articles and love listening to him whenever he is on tv or radio. He seems to be the most objective voice around on Seattle sports, though I sometimes feel he is too critical to avoid looking like a homer.

scakfan

Reaction score
Wyman gives some insightful information and of the three espn shows that is the most bearable. Brock and Danny show too often turns into an extended and vary annoying giggle fest. Ian wasn't mentioned but that one seems to stay on topic with stats and critical observations. Softy is sometimes a good change of pace and I like how KJR is obviously less strict about the use of language that would get you fired if used at 710.

plyka

Reaction score
RockHawk":3in5ojun said:
I'll start by voting for Brock & Danny, though the Danny part makes it a lot less of a gap than it should be. I can't help but really enjoy Brock Huard as a host and his former NFL QB resume allows him to speak to the game so much better than most sports journalists.

Danny just sucks. Its almost a pain to listen to the guy. Id almost rather have their pruoducer tom waddle talk along with brock rather than Danny. I bated salk, he was bad but now I almost miss the guy. Thanks Danny for making me miss salk.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I actually like Furness. His hardcore football segment with Millen is good. I can also respect Softy's ability to interview. That's an underrated skill for him. Brock is great, Danny is terrible. Mitch is a pompous asshole who takes FOREVER to set up his questions

Can someone explain why Bob and Groz have a radio show? They are both nothing more than a couple of typical barstool blowhard sports fans. They do not deserve to have a radio show. Can't we at least get someone on that played and has some sort of insight?

Tical21

Reaction score
The answer is Mitch, and it isn't close. One of the best in the country. The only personality in this market capable of original deep thought. I'm not going to argue about it, go ahead and listen to Brock Huard.

Puckett and Furness are pretty good when they're on topic, and they're great with Rob Rang and Farrar. Puckett surprises me sometimes.

Wassel is really good. That should be his show.

There was an evening show with Wassel, Crabtree and Pittman that was really good. Second in the area behind Mitch.

Salk was also one of the better in the country. Original thought! What a concept! Unlistenable since he left.

Softy is a joke. Never once had a compelling thought. I do love the Honks though. Dick Baird cracks me up.

Hugh Millen is the single best asset to the local market. There aren't many media members on the planet capable of what he shares, and bright enough with sound enough instincts to put it all together. I've met him a few times, very douchey, but for the football nerd, radio doesn't get any better.

Clayton's show is pretty unlistenable. Very good reporter. Has a horrible radio personality and doesn't know football.

I miss Locke terribly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":2yhq157u said:
The answer is Mitch, and it isn't close. One of the best in the country. The only personality in this market capable of original deep thought. I'm not going to argue about it, go ahead and listen to Brock Huard.

Probably a good call, since the question is opinion-based; what each person's favorite is, not who the best is based on pure football knowledge while ignoring things like how engaged they keep the listener, and such...

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
I said Mitch because I listen to him on the way to school every morning and I only listen to Softy's show a couple times a week.

I'm a KJR guy though. That's what my dad always had on in the truck when I was with him, so when I'm driving it's just my station.

If someone gets in your car though, and you're driving somewhere, and they complain about sports radio being on how do you react?