Buck/Aikman to call Seahawks-Packers

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":341pmns0 said:
NFCCG against Green Bay, If you watch the Highlights on Beast' TD in 4th quarter to put us ahead for first time. He said....

"LYNCH...........BEAST MODE...........MARSHAWN..........TOUCHDOWN." Each one with more fervor than the one before it. Great stuff. Yes, a lot like Marv Albert. Summerall had same flavor as well

Perfection.

No idea why he gets grief. That is commentary at its very best.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":vrfp2pk5 said:
seahawksny":vrfp2pk5 said:
NFCCG against Green Bay, If you watch the Highlights on Beast' TD in 4th quarter to put us ahead for first time. He said....

"LYNCH...........BEAST MODE...........MARSHAWN..........TOUCHDOWN." Each one with more fervor than the one before it. Great stuff. Yes, a lot like Marv Albert. Summerall had same flavor as well

Perfection.

I think a lot of people love the Gus Johnson mode of exuberant commentary, but I agree.. I have always loved Buck's style. It's especially great for MLB.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3r8hl0fg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3r8hl0fg said:
seahawksny":3r8hl0fg said:

Perfection.

I think a lot of people love the Gus Johnson mode of exuberant commentary, but I agree.. I have always loved Buck's style. It's especially great for MLB.

"Mitchell. Mitchell. MITCHELL."

Yeah, we know his name, Joe. But can you at least explain what is happening on the play?

[youtube]ltjIswXRAXs[/youtube]

I mean I don't hate the guy and he's probably one of the more enjoyable announcers, but he's far from perfect.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":37uqgen1 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":37uqgen1 said:
seahawksny":37uqgen1 said:

Perfection.

Gus can be too much

Buck is even better for baseball than he is football.. as i mentioned before about "we'll see you tomorrow night" to me just sums up perfectly that the baseball season is stilll going at least one more game. Just as it starts getting cold. We get that reward of one more game. I know it was his father's line, but i am glad he continued it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3aswn6hf said:
seahawksny":3aswn6hf said:

Perfection.

I think I'm griefing him just to troll you at this point, mate. ;)

Part of my irritation is that he RARELY injects as much excitement as he did during the Packers NFCCG. Most of the time he sounds as bored as Chris Myers.

Second is that he splices way too much of his broadcasts together from three phrases: "Over the MIDDLE", "slings it", and "depends on the spot". I just...notice it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Crizilla":11tc6rcp said:
I like buck but I grew up with him doing the world series and I think he does baseball better

I don't like this duo at all.

I do agree with you on Buck's BB calls, they don't seem to bother me at all.
Not sure why that is, unless it's because I'm barely a casual BB fan, i.e. much less critical/ lower expectations.

Latest posts