Bruce Irvin chopped the dreads off

warden

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1wwr7kvx said:
djb28":1wwr7kvx said:
Adderall makes you do strange things.. :141847_bnono:

Adderall doesn't make you do crap. It helps you focus on any given task better, and keeps you awake.

We have absolutely no idea if it was adder all

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
warden":25co43tg said:
RolandDeschain":25co43tg said:
djb28":25co43tg said:

Adderall doesn't make you do crap. It helps you focus on any given task better, and keeps you awake.

Correct. Aderall is used as a codeword for any PED/steriod infraction.

warden

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13m7ejld said:
djb28":13m7ejld said:

kigenzun

Reaction score
In Sun Tzu's the Art of War it describes the critical factor of how the general must keep discipline within the troops no matter what. Essentially, one rule for everybody, even the general himself. All for one, and one for all... to the goal, for the glory. (In this case the goal being victory in the upcoming Superbowl.) Such themes run throughout any culture's warrior mentality before going into battle together. Death before dishonor.

There is also a story of how once when the general himself had committed a transgression for which the certain penalty was death, he was only persuaded to stay his hand by the rest of the troops pleading to him to "save" himself on their behalf(forgive himself) and to cut his hair instead, else they lose the whole army, and all should perish. Thus, he did so.

It was a way of satisfying his own personal inner sense of justice, while single mindedly rededicating to the goal of the whole army.

Archetypally, cutting the hair is a symbolic thing. A symbolic death. Death to the old self, and being reborn into a new creature/new self. Think of the first day of joining up with the Shaolin Temple or the Marine Corps... I mean everybody knows that hardcore physical activity and exertion virtually requires a nice clean cut, otherwise its simply too much time wasted on high maintenence diva distractions. Think of your woman getting ready to go out... now think of yourself... you get the picture. I don't care if he "looks super cool like the monster in the Predator movie while sacking the quarterback"(14 words), I just want him to "sack the friggin' quarterback!!!"(4 words) See the difference?

Personally, I am really glad to see this because it is a public display of humility and repentance. Also, to see Bruce not imploding personally from feeling so bad about himself deep down from letting the rest of the team down. 4 games he's out. With no Chris Clemons, that's significant. Thank JSPC for drafting both Jordan Hill and Jesse Williams... (& signing McDonald, & Avril & Bennett) now eh?

As far as gamedays, the weight, the handholds, etc... yes, ALL OF THAT is a factor. Including the main issue we haven't mentioned yet... HEAT! The issue in Bruce's case is the extra heat generated inside the helmet, not letting the body cool itself properly (as heat primarily dissapates from the head).
I believe "not having a proper heatsink", just like a computer or engine running too hot or without enough oil, it simply gasses a player who wears dreads, exhausting them prematurely (think pass rush in the 4th quarter), thus sapping their strength, and dulling their performance. This isn't so much an issue on the outside with Sherman and Rice, because they are so long & thin. But I definitely see it playing a factor on the face of James Carpenter everytime he steps on the field. And Bruce is about halfway in between, and increasing in size. Body mass = heat. And a rising inner core temperature = dehydration/exhaustion i.e. needing a breather (Carpenter never finishing a game?) more often than not.

IMO the 'Extra Hair Factor'/(symbolically bringing the past with them), has contributed in many minor ways to a certain lack of focus and performance from both our last two first round picks. In summation, its a different culture down south and they need to "CUT" all ties with it, let it go, and move on. That way our 1st round picks, (not just our 2nd, 3rd, and 5th round picks!) can get with the program of the entire Great Northwest's primary goal, which is of course, all of us together celebrating the Seahawks winning the Superbowl. :thirishdrinkers:

PS
If team leaders Rice & Sherman, (& yes, fellow former 1st rounder Big James Carpenter) want to show solidarity in support of Bruce, with everybody in the locker room now wearing dreads cutting theirs too in support of Bruce, that would be absolutely brilliant IMO to keep his head and more importantly his passionate heart into the game. Showing him that they love him, and that to achieve the team goal that they need him, (in the manly warrior way, of course) would be pretty damn awesome to nip this drugs/cheating bullsquatch talk in the bud, and instead, by dealing with it head on in a 'whole army' new fashion statement' kind of way, it becomes a 'we all we got, we all we need' positive lesson for everyone in Seahawksville.
Only then can we use the forum for what it's really for... debating whether or not Matt Flynn will actually be able to win a starting QB job by beating out Tyler Wilson this year in the Raiders training camp, what the heck the Raiders are gonna do when he rides the bench again all season, and what a coup it was for JSPC to get an extra late round draftpick for him :).

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Oh dang, I just realized that new facemask grill isn't going to have quite the same effect without the dreads. Oh well.