Bruce Irvin chopped the dreads off

CANHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2c7nnvbs said:
I'm not a fan of any NFL players wearing dreads, and it has nothing to do with looks.

Hair has weight. Foot-long dreads probably weigh around two pounds. Literally, you are faster without long dreads. If you don't believe hair weighs that much, look at the prices of buying real hair extensions. They sell by weight and length.

nerd.

vant

Reaction score
Can anyone guess the amount of weight savings?

5lb?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":35aoooww said:
Uh oh, seems he's getting serious and wants to live up his 1st round pick status. I like it.:)

Imagine what Larry Fitzgerald would be like if he got serious and cut his dreads. Hair has nothing to do with how serious you are about football or life. Its just hair. Ask Rolando Mcclain how his clean cut hairstyle has treated him.....

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2c2l635z said:
Uh oh, seems he's getting serious and wants to live up his 1st round pick status. I like it.:)

Because he cut his hair? Bit of a reach...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":181hlfao said:
KCHawkGirl":181hlfao said:

Because he cut his hair? Bit of a reach...

Naw, he knows the 9er OL will grab what they can to get their hold on.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Hopefully Richard Sherman and (esp.) Sidney Rice will follow Irvin's lead on this, though I don't expect it. Not that it bothers me, per se, or is a big deal, but long hair (be it dreads, braids, or whatever) coming out of the back of a football players helmet has always looked awkward to me, esp. on offense skill position players and DB's. It's even odder in baseball (ex: Andrew McCutcheon).

warden

Reaction score
Carmon1274":36vvwvbx said:
Largent80":36vvwvbx said:
Now we know why he chopped them off

Don't understand?

Some drug test are hair follicles. The longer the hair the longer the time line is for the drug tests. Haven't had a hair cut in 9 months and did drugs 8 months ago, well some drugs will still show up in the hair even though left the blood stream. Constant hair cuts reduce this.

SE174

Reaction score
warden":1jpm8jnx said:
Carmon1274":1jpm8jnx said:
Largent80":1jpm8jnx said:

Don't understand?

Some drug test are hair follicles. The longer the hair the longer the time line is for the drug tests. Haven't had a hair cut in 9 months and did drugs 8 months ago, well some drugs will still show up in the hair even though left the blood stream. Constant hair cuts reduce this.

He said on twitter he had been growing them for 6 years I think. That goes back to around the time he was dealing. I bet the tips of those dreads looked like tree rings. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
SE174":3o6tto9y said:
He said on twitter he had been growing them for 6 years I think. That goes back to around the time he was dealing. I bet the tips of those dreads looked like tree rings. :lol:

Lol marley

BlueTalon

Reaction score
warden":3p1rv5nx said:
Carmon1274":3p1rv5nx said:
Largent80":3p1rv5nx said:
Don't understand?
I don't think that's it. We're just hearing about Irvin's suspension now, but this has been in the pipeline for months. The damage had already been done, drug-testing-wise.

I think it's symbolic of a new start for Irvin, clean slate, turning over a new leaf, pick your metaphor. In Japan, there's a custom that when someone is turning over a new leaf, he'll shave his head. I don't think Irvin gives a rat-crap about customs in Japan, but I think his haircut is the same kind of gesture.

djb28

Reaction score
Adderall makes you do strange things.. :141847_bnono:

Exittium

Reaction score
So now we know, why he looks bigger according to the other bruce irvin thread and NFL.com's ped violation article.. 1st round pick .. not a good way to start your 2nd season... ugh

mikeak

Reaction score
The NFL drug test is not a hair sample so that isn't why he cut them off. But he likely knew what was coming and did decide to make a break and a change. ...