Bruce Irvin signs with Detroit Lions…

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Not sure how Irvin did for the Seahawks in his last stint, dude’s getting old, we’ll see how he does. Do these “old guys” just love playing football that much or they just don’t know what else to do and they need the paycheck?…

toffee

Reaction score
Not sure how Irvin did for the Seahawks in his last stint, dude’s getting old, we’ll see how he does. Do these “old guys” just love playing football that much or they just don’t know what else to do and they need the paycheck?…
I like to think a combination of all? A paycheck, the locker room, and the game. Most of these old guys may not play all the much after joining a team, but they will be there, all the fun of in the middle of something, BS or mentoring the young guys. etc.,

uncle fester

Reaction score
More pass rushers means starting pass rusher get a rest. Never a bad idea.

renofox

Reaction score
They get to have fun and pad their bank accounts. Maybe even a shot at a ring. Easy call if they can get the gig.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Speaking as a 64-year-old dude, you are *well past* the age when you can no longer do really strenuous physical stuff before your mind truly accepts that your body won't deliver any more. I imagine it's worse for pro athletes...

OP
OP
AK49Hawk

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I’m a 51-year-old dude and well past my prime… Idk, maybe it’s a maturity thing, men don’t mature as fast as women and some of us never grow old…