Browner given pay raise.. Not an extension

Happypuppy

Reaction score
That's good news. I like his game at the line of scrimmage

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Well, that takes care of half of the Legion of Boom. Unfortunately it was the easy half, but it's a start!

Meeker

Reaction score
Barthawk":q4vbatth said:
@Jason_OTC: Per NFL transactions Brandon Browner signed a new contract with the #Seahawks He was in final year of his contract

Who exactly is that? Wonder how much he is getting.

sutz

Reaction score
Good news! Hopefully the details are OK. In Schneider we trust.

:)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
I know you guys have a lot of cap space, but I would have thought Schneider would have made Sherman and Thomas a priority over Browner and Chancellor.. He must feel confident in retaining the entire secondary the next two offseasons.

sutz

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":7ui2foj4 said:
I know you guys have a lot of cap space, but I would have thought Schneider would have made Sherman and Thomas a priority over Browner and Chancellor.. He must feel confident in retaining the entire secondary the next two offseasons.
I'm not sure we're in that great of cap space, especially with a couple of Pro-bowlers coming due for deals. ;)

Our GM has a plan. :th2thumbs:

SDHawk

Reaction score
I think we may have gotten a hometown discount. He's talking about "sacrificing for the team and for the LOB".

Geologic

Reaction score
To be honest I'd rather save cap space for resigning Richard Sherman and ET. I was hoping to replace Browner with WT3 (if he can stay healthy)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SDHawk":1jhbpvoy said:
I think we may have gotten a hometown discount. He's talking about "sacrificing for the team and for the LOB".
I heard Sherman say the same thing and that they all talked about it. But then again, a "discount" is relative to who you're talking to.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
sutz":36lnbrix said:
SoHo9erFan":36lnbrix said:
I'm not sure we're in that great of cap space, especially with a couple of Pro-bowlers coming due for deals. ;)

Our GM has a plan. :th2thumbs:
If anything, it is probably a 3 year guaranteed contract. Kind of like Chancellor. By the time it expires it will open up caproom for Thomas and Sherman. You'll have a new CB by then to assume the role of #2 CB

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Most of you are insane . Plain and Simple. How are you not excited about this ? It's not like your paying the man or you have any influence at all who does.

Browner gets no respect . I am beyond thrilled !

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
This is outstanding news.
One step at a time.
Guesses?

Mine is 3 yr, $21 M, $11.5 guaranteed

Sac

Reaction score
How does Browner not get the kind of love he deserves around here? Browner is a beast, and his skills set is NOT something that could bee replaced easily.

He towers over any other player in any other secondary, and most wrs. It's almost impossible to throw over him, even if he's trailing. He's hugely disruptive at the LOS and consistently knocks receivers off their routes.

Beast I said.

And because he doesn't rely on speed, his skills won't diminish with age the way other corners would. He could maul people for a long long time.

Meeker

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1ef4gkv3 said:
This is outstanding news.
One step at a time.
Guesses?

Mine is 3 yr, $21 M, $11.5 guaranteed

I would not be a happy camper...I love BBs game, but it is not a skillset that should get him a lot of money as it doesn't transfer to most other teams.