Bringing in Jared Allen would likely be a mistake

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":24cbhdgs said:
-The Glove-":24cbhdgs said:
bjornanderson21":24cbhdgs said:
Hasselbeck":24cbhdgs said:
MizzouHawkGal said:
How about this? I don't think we need him and he hasn't changed one iota since Kansas City? Let our young guys play already it worked fine for Kansas City.

We don't "need" anyone really on defense.. Allen would be a luxury addition. A fantastic one at that.

But JS/PC aren't about to pay him $10M a year either.
I don't mean to get too off topic, but the last time the hawks made a luxury addition it didn't work out.

No more "luxuries". We have a legitimate WEAKNESS at o-line, and I am 100% confident that protecting Wilson is more important than adding Allen, at least I pray thats how the front office views it.

Watching allen get sacks would leave a bitter taste in my mouth if Wilson suffers an injury.

We got our QB and we need to protect him, and unless Cable plans on converting Allen to an offensive lineman we need to look elsewhere.

You mean Harvin?
I know you don't like the trade but get real. Thanks for the weaksauce at SeahawkBlue. Next time how about you come at me face to face?

Who said I don't like the Harvin trade? I know you won't like the Allen deal but get real. If the FO thinks he can improve the team, he'll be getting one. A fair one, I presume.

And you're welcome

-The Glove-

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3cr27six said:
Just so you know we're cool at least from my side regardless of our different opinions.

Cool...we'll leave it at that then

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
TheWalrus":vlisq23h said:
I agree, price is everything. How is this for price?

@christomasson: Seahawks I'm told might just offer Jared Allen $4 million for one year.
If this is true, I picture Pete in that top hat & monacle gif, strutting around the room as Jared raises those big bushy eyebrows in disbelief. :lol:
I love that our FO has the guts to set a price and stick to it.

This take is flagging down a cab for a ride to Real Street, IMHO:
Tech Worlds":vlisq23h said:
Overpaying for past production is something our old regime did. I would like to think that if Allen is signed it will be a fair deal for both sides.

Allen still gets sacks but rarely beats guys to get them. Most his sacks now are hustle sacks. You don't give a guy big coin to get hustle sacks. If we were going to do that we would have never cut Clemons.

I am of the opinion you pass on Allen unless it's a sweetheart deal.
In other words, I agree.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Rumor is that Jared Allen is in town right now. Multiple sources have mentioned it on twitter (Hawkblogger), and others. Then Scot McCloughan's son tweeted that he is in town. Then quickly deleted the tweet. The plot thickens.

Birdfinger

Reaction score
For what its worth:

@Edwerderespn: Sources: Jared Allen making second visit to SB champion Seahawks and could decide whether to join them in next few days.

Maxman186

Reaction score
Birdfinger":dy0ks5cm said:
For what its worth:

@Edwerderespn: Sources: Jared Allen making second visit to SB champion Seahawks and could decide whether to join them in next few days.
Finally a credible source

lukerguy

Reaction score
Can we change the name of this thread? For some reason the 12 page normal thread was locked in favor of a thread with a guy's opinion to not sign Allen.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Maxman186":sz4jdebb said:
Birdfinger":sz4jdebb said:
For what its worth:

Lol. Phew! Credit to some national media guy for confirming what a fan reported earlier!

Maxman186

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":kswaq381 said:
Maxman186":kswaq381 said:
Birdfinger":kswaq381 said:
For what its worth:

Lol. Phew! Credit to some national media guy for confirming what a fan reported earlier!
:D