OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3jsisyz4 said:
ptisme":3jsisyz4 said:
SalishHawkFan":3jsisyz4 said:
kearly":3jsisyz4 said:
Injuries always matter, but they matter less for Seattle than any other team. The Seahawks have the deepest roster in the league and it's not close.
No,that can't be right Kip. Last year, ALL the talking heads and opposing fans told us that the cap was going to start kicking in and we were going to start losing depth.
Astute fans from "opposing teams" like myself knew you'd be able to keep this whole thing together at least through this year.... The rest were wishful thinking...

I agree. I feel that one or 2 more years if they do a serious rotation in the ball games makes a difference. By that I mean to rotate bench personnel in all the time so they get reps and can showcase that they are worth keeping the following year. Rotation is huge in the CAP era. I am sure the core group is also thinking that they are expendable at some point in time. To keep their edge, they need to train the replacements up to speed too.
It's tough to do. The packers of the 90's found that out. Our second and third stringers could have started for a lot of teams. As it turned out they weren't quite up to the level of play the previous Super Bowl winning players were

Ambrose83

Reaction score
ptisme":15g8o5wt said:
Fade":15g8o5wt said:
The Packers but...... I take solace in knowing they still have no answer for the Hawks running game.
My worry going into the off season about GB would be they upgraded ILB & DT, to shore that weakness up.

They drafted ILB Jake Ryan with pick 129.
Retained guys like Raji & Guion, but no significant moves were made to improve DT.

Jake Ryan, and/or a guy coming out of nowhere is their only hope improving the run D.
The run defense isnt what costed the Packers the last game we played you. The packers are what costed the Packers that game.
The inside linebackers this year will be Clay Matthews and Sam Barrington. That will be one of the better inside linebacker duos in the league. We are also set at defensive tackle with Raji and Guion. Raji was tearing up training camp last year when he tore his biceps. Reports are he wants a big contract and is playing in the best shape of his life. Guion was very good last year and was set to get paid this off season when he got busted for pot. Both of them are playing on one year deals so they will be very motivated

it was the fact your offense was anemic like it always has been against us the last 3+ years... 16 pts off 5 turnovers, 3 of which on our side of the field is pathetic.... that game SHOULD have been over at half time, key word being Should.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":3t8s4otj said:
Not sure why people mention the Rams.

Did some people forget Jeff Fisher is still their Head Coach?

That's why the hawks have swept them three years in a row now right? /sarcasm

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
The game of football is the biggest threat to another Lombardi. It is so difficult to get to the super bowl. Any given Sunday is such a generic adage but so true. The length of the season and the high level of parody that exists makes it so hard to get back to the promised land. I am confident tho. Go Hawks! 12

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'd go with the Cowboys.

Honestly, I'd pick them as having the best shot to knock us out in a playoff match up.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":21ppw5ov said:
Not sure why people mention the Rams.

Did some people forget Jeff Fisher is still their Head Coach?

The Rams have weaseled their way to a win against us every year under Fisher. The Rams are one of the most frustrating opponents in recent years. The Rams may not make the playoffs, but that one win could cost the Hawks a 1st round bye or home field advantage. You could say the Rams stand in the Hawks way because of that.

Personally, I would say the Cardinals are our biggest threat.

lukerguy

Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one. There's no clear cut favorite outside of Seattle, but I'd probably go with Green Bay, followed by Dallas.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
PackerNation":2fwwzeml said:
The Green Bay Packers.

julius-peppers-rush-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship.gif

Another NFCCG. This time at Lambeau and we will play a full 60 minute game.

I look at the NFC like this:

#1 Seattle (Reigning NFC Champs)
#2 Green Bay Packers (Best team in the NFL)
#3 A bunch of teams with men.
#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

So let me understand this- the best team in the NFL has not played in a SB in over 5 years, has not beat Seattle in over 3 years and has looked pretty awful on offense in those 3 games.... they are better then the team that is 3-0 against GB.... has been to B2B SB's...... and who just picked up the 2nd best TE in the NFL to boost the biggest weakness in their offense ( RZ) I get being a homer, but Seattle has proven to be the better team, has more talent etc.... none of which translates to not being the best team in the NFL. Rodgers becomes very average when he plays us..... that wont change in lambeau.

Willyeye

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1jr7uzkm said:
iigakusei":1jr7uzkm said:
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.

Green Bays offense sucks against us. If the offense can do ANYTHING and not turn the ball over we will win most of the time.

This season they scored 16 points in week 1 and Rodgers had 1TD/1INT and a 81.5 rating
In the playoffs this past year they scored 22 points and Rodgers had 1TD/2INT and a 55.8 rating

In 2012 they scored 12 points and rodgers had 0TD/0INT and a 81.5 rating

So in 3 games against us Rodgers has 2TD/3INT with MAYBE an 80 rating..maybe lower.

If there is any team in the NFC I would pick it would be the Panthers. They have played us tough lately and Newton is that duel threat QB that can sometimes be hard to handle. I just dont buy into the Packers..I would not be shocked if they didnt even win the division

In the last 3 games vs. the Seahawks, Rodgers has a passer rating of 73.2

nrayorr

Reaction score
ptisme":2f3sc9qh said:
onanygivensunday":2f3sc9qh said:
ptisme":2f3sc9qh said:
Guys, You're choice is one of 31 other teams....
There is no other team in the league that Seattle must "get over" to return to the SB and win it in 2015. No other team is truly standing in our way.

Could another team emerge and present a hurdle?... sure... but right now, I don't see it.
This isn't difficult... It wasn't presented as a team that is better than Seattle...

My answer to your question is that we can only beat ourselves.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Ambrose83":arj2dw2p said:
PackerNation":arj2dw2p said:
The Green Bay Packers.

julius-peppers-rush-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship.gif

Another NFCCG. This time at Lambeau and we will play a full 60 minute game.

I look at the NFC like this:

#1 Seattle (Reigning NFC Champs)
#2 Green Bay Packers (Best team in the NFL)
#3 A bunch of teams with men.
#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

So let me understand this- the best team in the NFL has not played in a SB in over 5 years, has not beat Seattle in over 3 years and has looked pretty awful on offense in those 3 games.... they are better then the team that is 3-0 against GB.... has been to B2B SB's...... and who just picked up the 2nd best TE in the NFL to boost the biggest weakness in their offense ( RZ) I get being a homer, but Seattle has proven to be the better team, has more talent etc.... none of which translates to not being the best team in the NFL. Rodgers becomes very average when he plays us..... that wont change in lambeau.
Until somebody beats them in the playoffs the best team in the NFC is the reigning NFC champions. Seattle has a great team has only gotten better in the off-season.

But the point of this thread wasn't to say who has a better team than Seattle. It was to ask which team was the biggest threat to them winning another championship. And I would point out that not once did myself or the other Packer fan bash your team. Seems a bit fickle that you need to do this yourself on this thread

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I think Dallas. I don't think that the dedication to the run they showed last year was a fluke.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
nrayorr":1rzzlyjl said:
ptisme":1rzzlyjl said:
onanygivensunday":1rzzlyjl said:
ptisme":1rzzlyjl said:
Guys, You're choice is one of 31 other teams....
There is no other team in the league that Seattle must "get over" to return to the SB and win it in 2015. No other team is truly standing in our way.

Could another team emerge and present a hurdle?... sure... but right now, I don't see it.
This isn't difficult... It wasn't presented as a team that is better than Seattle...

My answer to your question is that we can only beat ourselves.
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Willyeye":1j8e6diy said:
WilsonMVP":1j8e6diy said:
iigakusei":1j8e6diy said:
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.

Green Bays offense sucks against us. If the offense can do ANYTHING and not turn the ball over we will win most of the time.

This season they scored 16 points in week 1 and Rodgers had 1TD/1INT and a 81.5 rating
In the playoffs this past year they scored 22 points and Rodgers had 1TD/2INT and a 55.8 rating

In 2012 they scored 12 points and rodgers had 0TD/0INT and a 81.5 rating

So in 3 games against us Rodgers has 2TD/3INT with MAYBE an 80 rating..maybe lower.

If there is any team in the NFC I would pick it would be the Panthers. They have played us tough lately and Newton is that duel threat QB that can sometimes be hard to handle. I just dont buy into the Packers..I would not be shocked if they didnt even win the division

In the last 3 games vs. the Seahawks, Rodgers has a passer rating of 73.2
That was the past. I'm telling you this team is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde at Lambeau Field versus away

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.
You have it right.

1. The players aren't overconfident that's our job.

2. Pete won't let it happen, heck he didn't last year.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy". He's something we've never had in the Wilson era and have only had when we had Largent. He's money as a security blanket.

Methinks the buzzsaw is coming your direction, not ours. Thanks for playing though. I'd be slightly worried if we met you later in the year when you have hit your stride and everything is on line for you like your own division let alone playoff seeding. But I'll not complain that we get you guys early.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2mjydb07 said:
I think Dallas. I don't think that the dedication to the run they showed last year was a fluke.

Maybe but they still don't even win a playoff game last year if not for a complete and total rob job. They're still a circus with only two playoff wins since 96 even including the rob job last year.

London12

Reaction score
Have New England really regressed that much? I haven't paid much attention to their moves.

Boring answers I know but teams, GB and Dallas. This is sport though and nothing is ever clear cut.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1jnpt95k said:
You have it right.

1. The players aren't overconfident that's our job.

2. Pete won't let it happen, heck he didn't last year.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Methinks the buzzsaw is coming your direction, not ours.
Your team will be great. If you think Green Bay's problem is team speed or run defense you haven't been paying attention to them lately.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
London12":qqi901nu said:
Have New England really regressed that much? I haven't paid much attention to their moves.

Boring answers I know but teams, GB and Dallas. This is sport though and nothing is ever clear cut.
From Afar it seems to me they (New England) lost much of their secondary and didn't really replace it in free agency or the draft