Biggest surprise Seattle could pull in the draft?

toffee

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2nwbf418 said:
Seattle trades for AAron Rodgers and Danica Patrick/Summer India (yeah look it up, true story) for Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner and a Packers 3rd.

Ain’t that something, Russ and jimmy show continues in green bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3t99xyod said:
The biggest surprise Seattle could pull on draft day is using their first pick on someone that would actually get fans excited instead of sending them back to Mel Kiper's archives muttering "Who?".
Fans did that when we drafted Wilson and Sherman.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":17msa3sj said:
MontanaHawk05":17msa3sj said:
The biggest surprise Seattle could pull on draft day is using their first pick on someone that would actually get fans excited instead of sending them back to Mel Kiper's archives muttering "Who?".
Fans did that when we drafted Wilson and Sherman.

"first pick"

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if they don't trade down. And I'll be surprised if they don't take a DE with their first pick.

I like it when they are as flexible as possible, but I expect another highly focused draft strategy from Schneider. The draft board is his "baby," and he is unlikely to want to deviate from his plan. Staying locked in on the draft board is also a way for Schneider to assert as much control as possible over the process. When they have deviated, it's because Carroll has liked someone better. You can have a hundred minor disagreements over the board. But if they stick with it, then Schneider's hard work and vision are coming to fruition. Whether that will pay more dividends this year is TBD.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cleveland and Buffalo have a grip of picks. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them is in the mix to trade up to 18. A lot of mocks have the Hawks trading down w/Carolina as well. Shoot, I could see Schneider trading down TWICE in the first round and really loading up. And if Lamar Jackson is still on the board at 18, there's a real shot that a team will want to trade up w/us.

inda2o6

Reaction score
Seahawks staying in the 1st round after trading Earl to the Pats. Then trading one of the 1st rounders picks for more picks. Drafting Best player available instead of “need”. Need dirties up the evaluation process. They have a whole draft to fill holes.
The Seahawks surprise people by drafting less players with “red flags” or injury histories. Also drafting players that they don’t expect to switch from defense to offense or vice versa. Advice to them is get Earl out of the conference and screw the cowboys in the process. Earl is all about earl and what he wants. Money is motivating him right now. Seahawks or cowboys doesn’t really matter. Pay is more important. There was L.O.B. before this group. Just not the name. Ken Hamlin was an enforcer and so was lawyer Malloy. Always hope for a better tomorrow, living today, remembering the past and hoping you learned to not repeat the mistakes or experiencing them as badly as the first tim if you have to.

massari

Reaction score
They keep a 1st round pick and select LB Leighton Vander Esch.

If Vander Esch can show something in his rookie year, Wagner can be traded for a king's ransom before his huge new contract extension.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
The biggest realistic surprise in my mind would be staying at #18 and picking really anyone there. I'm virtually 100% convinced the Hawks are trading down. It's in Schneider's DNA.

The BIGGEST surprise though? How about trading Russell Wilson ... and/or trading UP to grab a QB? If that were to happen, that to me would provoke this kind of reaction from me (and from a lot of Hawks fans) ...

[youtube]NK9HXu9g5qA[/youtube]

Tinymac2

Reaction score
massari":2sicuccl said:
They keep a 1st round pick and select LB Leighton Vander Esch.

If Vander Esch can show something in his rookie year, Wagner can be traded for a king's ransom before his huge new contract extension.

I would think he's on the very short list if they get stuck at 18, if he's healthy. Great length and sparq warrior that can play. I think he's an OLB for the Hawks.

Trade Wags, ? IDK.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
lukerguy":2ialqv3z said:
Seymour":2ialqv3z said:
IndyHawk":2ialqv3z said:
Maybe RW is on his way out..It can happen do not kid yourselves.

100 to 1 odds for $100 ?? :roll:

Wishful thinking.

Isn't suggesting Wilson may be gone the opposite of wishful thinking?
Yes it is. It's wishing the Hawks to be a 2-win team for ten years.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Traded Down - not a surprise

Drafted a RB - not a surprise, most said we shouldn't and blasted us after we did, again, no surprise.

Predition: Perry will be injured most of the year or not pan out, again wouldn't be a surprise.

SOS - Same old Seahawks lately.

Obviously the person responsbile for tallent evaluation the led to us picking guys like Sherman, Waggoner, Kam, Earl, Russell...that person hasn't been around for like 4-5 years and it shows. Maybe they should prioritize getting that person back so we have more successful drafts.

stizz19

Reaction score
MO Hawk":15qw4irv said:

Drafted a RB - not a surprise, most said we shouldn't and blasted us after we did, again, no surprise.

Predition: Perry will be injured most of the year or not pan out, again wouldn't be a surprise.

Obviously the person responsbile for tallent evaluation the led to us picking guys like Sherman, Waggoner, Kam, Earl, Russell...that person hasn't been around for like 4-5 years and it shows. Maybe they should prioritize getting that person back so we have more successful drafts.

So just like whomever taught you grammar? Also didn't realize you can call a draft a fail after day 1 or 2.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
stizz19":yub5ud7i said:
MO Hawk":yub5ud7i said:

So just like whomever taught you grammar? Also didn't realize you can call a draft a fail after day 1 or 2.

It set the tone of the same failed thought process that has plagued us the past 5 years. That is why I call it a failure right out of the gate. Would have thought with all the changes this year that the draft might have brought some new approaches.

When we have no O Line, the RB's get hurt. Why Wilson is even still walking is a mystery to me as many times as he has been hit. As far as Pete and John's optimism, what are they suppose to say, "we blew it"? They may legitimately be excited as they were the past 5 years. They shouldn't have been as it turns out.