Biggest surprise Seattle could pull in the draft?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh damnit I want that draft. Proly get a couple of rocks to bang together and a coke and a smile....

EDIT: Not convinced that Cunningham will be available in the 7th. He's better than they say. Needs work and weight, but he's a prospect.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Oh yeah, if we trade down from 18 to 24, maybe we get a 4th for that. THEN! AND THEN!?!?! The 4th can be used for either Matthew Thomas or Terrell Edmunds. Not sure which would be valued more at this point. I'd probably lean Thomas at that point. Dude's like somewhere between Wagner and Kam, as drastically different as their body types are. Thomas is long and lanky like KJ, but he has a natural understanding of gravity, leverage, and angles that makes him a natural football player and hitter like Wagner and Kam are (superior equilibrium?). He'd be a pain in the ass taking over for KJ. Like an evil spawn of Wagner and Kam, as gross and weird as that is.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Kyzir White is another guy in those mid rounds who's in play if he's there. Another big hitter that translates to the NFL. We need to get that back.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Also, you may just need to use 18 on Bryan. An interesting thing about him as a DL is that he often engages in grabbing the OL vs the other way around, and sometimes throws them down, in fact. Has that dog trait where you're only in the way. Maybe a little bit Waterboy.

[youtube]GkRFCVz8mCY[/youtube]

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What if Davenport and Hernandez are sitting there at #18 when the Hawks turn to pick?

You still make that trade?

Hendo66

Reaction score
I'm high on Hernandez. Dude looks like a nasty man.
Could still be available after a trade down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":26snys2l said:
What if Davenport and Hernandez are sitting there at #18 when the Hawks turn to pick?

You still make that trade?
If Earl isn't traded, I think you have to make that trade.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":2mycg1d8 said:
Earl+our first (and possibly more) to trade up to 4 and grab Saquon Barkley

:lol: at 'and possibly more'

If they did that move, there is no possibly.. we'd be giving up essentially this years draft and important pieces from next year.

The BIGGEST surprise on draft night would be them staying at 18 and not moving back to recoup lost picks.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Taylor has a visit scheduled with the Hawks. I don't know what round he's slated to go in, but hopefully there's legitimate interest there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":ib1ptsu0 said:
Another SPARQ freak.

[youtube]kzzQzU30Fq8[/youtube]

This is the kind of pick most of the chatter I've read about what the Hawks are going to do in the draft. Try and get that hybrid Michael Bennett type.

Which is good, cause these are the type of players that can slip down far enough for us to trade back and still grab them, because they don't fit into a conventional DT/DE/LB position.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3aewly0q said:
vin.couve12":3aewly0q said:
Another SPARQ freak.

This is the kind of pick most of the chatter I've read about what the Hawks are going to do in the draft. Try and get that hybrid Michael Bennett type.

Which is good, cause these are the type of players that can slip down far enough for us to trade back and still grab them, because they don't fit into a conventional DT/DE/LB position.
For players at DT/DE (not edge pass rushers), only Taven Bryan has a higher SPARQ score than Taylor and Taylor has some traits that are even better.

6'4 294
34.375 inch arms to Bryan's 32.75
4.94 40 to Bryan's 4.98
1.6 10 yard split vs Bryan's 1.68

Bryan is a better leaper, but Taylor is going to have interest by a lot of teams. I want one of them for sure, but the bang for the buck makes me want to see Taylor in a Hawk uni so hopefully we play the cards right. If he's slightly overdrafted, I think I'd be OK with that given that he wouldn't cost a 1st like Bryan.

Two more weeks!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1d79wyry said:
Sgt. Largent":1d79wyry said:
vin.couve12":1d79wyry said:
Another SPARQ freak.

For players at DT/DE (not edge pass rushers), only Taven Bryan has a higher SPARQ score than Taylor and Taylor has some traits that are even better.

6'4 294
34.375 inch arms to Bryan's 32.75
4.94 40 to Bryan's 4.98
1.6 10 yard split vs Bryan's 1.68

Bryan is a better leaper, but Taylor is going to have interest by a lot of teams. I want one of them for sure, but the bang for the buck makes me want to see Taylor in a Hawk uni so hopefully we play the cards right. If he's slightly overdrafted, I think I'd be OK with that given that he wouldn't cost a 1st like Bryan.

Two more weeks!

Well he's not projected to go until the 5th or 6th, which was my point. Taylor is the kind of hybrid SPARQ player John and Pete have higher on their board than most teams. Thus I could see us grabbing him in the 4th, or even low 3rd if we can trade down and grab some more picks.

I HATE even thinking about us trading down with #18, usually you can get a stud at 18. But IMO we don't have a choice with no 2nd or 3rd rounders. Gotta try and get one of those back.

Pina Colonics

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1meho96z said:
HawkGA":1meho96z said:
Not trading back with the first pick would be a huge surprise!
Here's my surprise. Not only do they not trade back, but they use the 18th pick on Baker Mayfield, who slips down to them.

How do they trade back out of 18 and get Mayfeild there again. Counting on my fingers....not
Seeing it

AgentDib

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32qeoak6 said:
Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.
Just in case you haven't been following that closely, Josh Jackson has the ideal physical traits to be an outside corner in our system along with really good ball skills. Given our hole at RCB and his presumed availability late in the first it looks like a natural fit and I've taken him in a few mocks as well.

That being said, our drafting history obviously isn't favorable towards taking secondary players early since the selection of Earl eight seasons ago. Our FO has shown they can find secondary help in the mid rounds of the draft; Griffin was an early CB last year for us at the end of the third. We like taking linemen early so it does seem like interior OL, 3 tech DT or edge is a more likely day 1 pick.

original poster

Reaction score
AgentDib":3s5jq4c4 said:
SoulfishHawk":3s5jq4c4 said:
Just in case you haven't been following that closely, Josh Jackson has the ideal physical traits to be an outside corner in our system along with really good ball skills. Given our hole at RCB and his presumed availability late in the first it looks like a natural fit and I've taken him in a few mocks as well.

That being said, our drafting history obviously isn't favorable towards taking secondary players early since the selection of Earl eight seasons ago. Our FO has shown they can find secondary help in the mid rounds of the draft; Griffin was an early CB last year for us at the end of the third. We like taking linemen early so it does seem like interior OL, 3 tech DT or edge is a more likely day 1 pick.

Interestingly Tony Pauline thinks Seattle could take a CB in the first also.

Would certainly be a change in history, but I trust Pauline more than anyone else in the draft world.

Latest posts