Best chance for a loss: At San Francisco?

hawks85

Reaction score
raisethe3":363741wu said:
Fade":363741wu said:
The Seahawks won't lose until the playoffs. I am just trying to figure out which matchup on the road will be their undoing.

The NFC is there to be had for the Seahawks. I fear the attrition of playing 3 straight road playoff games, than I do the actual opponents.

I have that feeling too. My guts tell me that the Hawks may be eliminated in the divisional round or the NFCCG. But would love to go all the way!!!!
I'm not expecting a SB win but who knows. Playoffs is the real season. If we keep playing lights out we have a strong strong chance. Our running game will travel and if we meet the bears again I'm expecting a ugly low scoring victory. We are running the ball like no ones business, and the important thing is we are running the ball consistently week in and week out. If we do win it all it will be because of the run game. Our losses are a combined 25 points. Not bad which includes 2 of those games against the Rams.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Fade":3d2mzn8j said:
@Meech Pete doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of resting players. They will play to win all the games down the stretch.

Based on his overall approach to the game I think so as well, as stated... but have we seen this yet? I don't recall a single year where we didn't have a reason to play through week 17 for wins. I don't recall an opportunity to rest players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I fully expect a real tough game this Sunday. Hawks have knocked them off 10 straight times (including playoffs) and they flat out hate us. But hey, the feeling is mutual :2thumbs:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Fade":y6tlwrjd said:
@Meech Pete doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of resting players. They will play to win all the games down the stretch.

No, but he does subscribe to the idea of having fun. It could be a game where you see Fant playing fullback hahha. Oh wait, he can't run.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Mad Dog":290cltb8 said:
We’ve been pretty good on the road this year. I get that SF will be up for playing us, especially a certain CB, but they are a bad team ravaged by injuries. It’s still KC at CLink followed by Minny as our most likely losses.

This is the probable result and now that MNF is in the books as a W for the good guys the toughest game of the home stretch is on the horizon. I knew MNF was going to be a tough but very winnable game but KC is scary good.

Considering how well they played on MNF and the drubbing they gave the Niners at the CLink, I'm confident the Hawks will take care of business in the Bay.

The Chiefs will obviously be tough and may be a loss but judging by how well the Hawks played the Rams both at home and on the road I'm expecting a close game either way. Hopefully they get the W. ESPN did a piece on the weaknesses of each playoff contender and the Chiefs kryptonite is a great rushing attack. Who has a better one than Seattle?

The Cardinals in the CLink for the last game of the year with a #1 draft pick on the line for them and the Hawks possibly needing that W to keep the #5 seed for the NFC Wild Card? I doubt the Cards come to play and even if they do the Hawks will be looking to finish the regular season on a high note.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
SeaWolv":1yb3zv46 said:
Mad Dog":1yb3zv46 said:
We’ve been pretty good on the road this year. I get that SF will be up for playing us, especially a certain CB, but they are a bad team ravaged by injuries. It’s still KC at CLink followed by Minny as our most likely losses.

This is the probable result and now that MNF is in the books as a W for the good guys. I knew it was going to be a tough but very winnable game.

Considering how well they played on MNF and the drubbing they gave the Niners at the CLink, I'm confident the Hawks will take care of business in the Bay.

The Chiefs will obviously be tough and may be a loss but judging by how well the Hawks played the Rams both at home and on the road I'm expecting a close game either way. Hopefully they get the W. ESPN did a piece on the weaknesses of each playoff contender and the Chiefs kryptonite is a great rushing attack. Who has a better one than Seattle?

The Cardinals in the CLink for the last game of the year with a #1 draft pick on the line for them and the Hawks possibly needing that W to keep the #5 seed for the NFC Wild Card? I doubt the Cards come to play.

I never understand the thinking that teams will intentionally tank for a good draft pick. The game is far too physical to put players out on the field without trying to win. A coach would lose his team if he mailed in a game for better draft postion. Players on the field don't care about next year's draft.

The Cards will come to Clink to spoil our playoff position as best they can. It will be their SB.

The SF game will also be tough. They will try hard to spoil our season as well. KC may end up being less relevant if they beat the Chargers on Thursday.

No quarter is ever given in the NFL.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Mad Dog":102j63p8 said:
I never understand the thinking that teams will intentionally tank for a good draft pick. The game is far too physical to put players out on the field without trying to win. A coach would lose his team if he mailed in a game for better draft postion. Players on the field don't care about next year's draft.

The Cards will come to Clink to spoil our playoff position as best they can. It will be their SB.

The SF game will also be tough. They will try hard to spoil our season as well. KC may end up being less relevant if they beat the Chargers on Thursday.

No quarter is ever given in the NFL.

Let me refine my point. These bottom feeders may make an effort for the first few series but if they get punched hard in the mouth by the opposing team, they'll fold. That's what I mean by not coming to play.

chris98251

Reaction score
49ers is a division game, no cake walk, they hate us as stated, being a division game I can't call it a trap game but I hope our last win doesn't set a tone as it is in the bag and we let up, we got burned through the air for 450 yards or close and Pete didn't like it, neither did the defense. I think we punch them early to set a tone, at least that's my hope. They want to be spoilers and are going to do their best to do so.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SoulfishHawk":16sigx41 said:
I fully expect a real tough game this Sunday. Hawks have knocked them off 10 straight times (including playoffs) and they flat out hate us. But hey, the feeling is mutual :2thumbs:

What are the odds of us winning 11 straight times?

[youtube]gOwLEVQGbrM[/youtube]

But seriously, we had one of those streaks going against the Rams, and suddenly we didn't. This year doesn't look good for the 49ers to break that streak, but next year might.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Well as I suspected with my original ppst , we lost this one. Just curious if any of those that flat out called the prediction a hot mess will want to comment now?

To the person that said I shouldn't go to Vegas, I've been watching football for almost 40 years and and although I lose my share of picks, the logic I originally provided seemed at the time to make sense and actually in the end is what happened.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I mean, a lot of people did the typical "crappy team on the road, easy" thing. No matter how many times something like this happens those people don't learn their lesson.

It's a divisional game, on the road, against an NFL team. It's far from a given.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3c10w8al said:
I mean, a lot of people did the typical "crappy team on the road, easy" thing. No matter how many times something like this happens those people don't learn their lesson.

It's a divisional game, on the road, against an NFL team. It's far from a given.

Yep. This was San Frans Superbowl

olyfan63

Reaction score
Dude, you were psychic and for all the right reasons.
Short week of practice, a day less for battered bodies to heal, a highly motivated opponent, with an extra day to scheme against us.

However, you failed to foresee the horrible reffing factor, so now your psychic credentials are somewhat in question.
Everything else you listed just means the Hawks win at the end in a hard-fought game.
You also failed to call Janikowski's missed extra point.

The only way you can make it up, regain your psychic credentials, is with a new psychic prediction for how the KC game goes at home. One with a better ending. Fant catches the 2-point conversion for the win? That level of prediction. Or maybe Jarran Reed rumbles 70 yards for a pick 6 with a Mahomes pass he bats into the air and catches.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
olyfan63":3euotn09 said:
Dude, you were psychic and for all the right reasons.
Short week of practice, a day less for battered bodies to heal, a highly motivated opponent, with an extra day to scheme against us.

However, you failed to foresee the horrible reffing factor, so now your psychic credentials are somewhat in question.
Everything else you listed just means the Hawks win at the end in a hard-fought game.
You also failed to call Janikowski's missed extra point.

The only way you can make it up, regain your psychic credentials, is with a new psychic prediction for how the KC game goes at home. One with a better ending. Fant catches the 2-point conversion for the win? That level of prediction. Or maybe Jarran Reed rumbles 70 yards for a pick 6 with a Mahomes pass he bats into the air and catches.

I would agree with you but that's not what's going to happen I'll let it be a surprise. :stirthepot:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
seabowl":4rh0m281 said:
With 5 games remaining the obvious choices for a possible loss would be the MN game or KC game. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's at SF where we have the greatest chance for a loss. Here's the logic: We are home against SF this week and will probably win with somewhat ease. Then we have a HUGE Monday night game against MN that will probably be a victory as well. Then we are off to SF on a short week after a big victory playing s team we beat 2 weeks earlier with this probably being their Superbowl and looking for redemption. Possible letdown game here.

Look I very well could be wrong but we've seen things like this happen many times before. I hope after the MN game they keep their heads on straight and don't play down down competition. Thoughts?

Hard to believe this actually came true.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Good call by the OP.

Crazy to think that the two teams with the #1 and #2 overall picks in the draft gave us so much hell. But that’s what can happen in conference games.

I’m just glad the 49ers lost the #1 pick, and it didn’t impact the Seahawks at all. Five seed, baby!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1lt9ljej said:
Good call by the OP.

Crazy to think that the two teams with the #1 and #2 overall picks in the draft gave us so much hell. But that’s what can happen in conference games.

I’m just glad the 49ers lost the #1 pick, and it didn’t impact the Seahawks at all. Five seed, baby!

:2thumbs: Appreciate it. And those that doubted my analysis I'm still not quitting my day job.