Bennett: "We're the best defense ever."

kearly

Reaction score
Media guys are scoffing at this right now. And yet in the same breath they talk about the very real possibility that Seattle is on the verge of a modern NFL dynasty. If Seattle wins 3-4 Super Bowls with an incredible defense each time, why wouldn't it be considered alongside the likes of the 70s Steelers? Of course it would be. What invites skepticism today is tomorrow's conventional wisdom. It would be nice if at least one writer out there would at least try to look around the corner for once in their lives.

Throwdown

Reaction score
3-4 more of these? I'm content with one!!! Don't make me dream just yet, kearly! ;)

OP
OP
Lady Talon

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Well Kearly if the '85 Bears could be considered the best ever with just 1 Bowl, and an exotic defensive scheme that was basically one year and done, why not our Hawks?

The '00 Ravens and '02 Bucs never started a dynasty, to my recollection. Nor did any of the 3 stop an offense that unquestionably was the best in history manned by arguably the best QB in history.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
He's right. They just demolished the greatest offense in the history of the NFL. Remember all those records broke? Recall that 4 different receivers had at least 10 TDs?????? All this talk about the greatness of Manning and this record breaking offense. This is the greatest defense of all time, period.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
All I know, aside from debating greatest defenses of all-time, this was the greatest defensive GAME of all-time in my mind without question. Like said above, total annihilation of the greatest offense of all-time in the biggest game on the biggest stage.

And to add, it was done without leaving any question marks, no if's. It doesn't get any more legit than that.

Latest posts