Bennett and Jefferson

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peppersjap":24kf0drt said:
It was pretty much the same class they showed at the end of the Super Bowl with the Patriots. I seem to remember Bennett involved in that too. Bennett was very quick to jump into the earlier altercation too! If you lose try doing it with class. It sucks that Jefferson had liquid thrown at him but people need to remember the food thrown on Navarro Bowman while he was being carted off the field in Seattle!
:177692: :34853_doh: Come on man, really?!?!?!?
A few kernels of popcorn is different than full bottles of water.
Which one will do more damage if it hits you in the head? < cue the jeopardy theme music here >

Seriously.....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How is it that Fournette gets a pass considering his involvement in the fracas?

I don't think Bennett gets suspended, but Jefferson will likely be. I didn't notice the punch thought to be thrown by Richardson.

Referees had poor control during that game, there was far too much extra-curricular rubbish happening.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2qfnf07k said:
peppersjap":2qfnf07k said:
It was pretty much the same class they showed at the end of the Super Bowl with the Patriots. I seem to remember Bennett involved in that too. Bennett was very quick to jump into the earlier altercation too! If you lose try doing it with class. It sucks that Jefferson had liquid thrown at him but people need to remember the food thrown on Navarro Bowman while he was being carted off the field in Seattle!
:177692: :34853_doh: Come on man, really?!?!?!?
A few kernels of popcorn is different than full bottles of water.
Which one will do more damage if it hits you in the head? < cue the jeopardy theme music here >

Seriously.....

And being carted off the field with a blown knee / season over is better than being an on field instigator.

I never saw any full water bottles thrown at players myself.

Regardless....We acted like cry babies at the end of that game, and I'm ashamed to be a hawk fan today. :pukeface:

Jville

Reaction score
In my eyes, that was the worst .... most unlike Seahawk finish in recent memory ....

A recap of the Seattle-Jaguars madness at end of Sunday’s game >>> [urltargetblank]http://jacksonville.com/sports/jaguars/2017-12-11/recap-seattle-jaguars-madness-end-sunday-s-game[/urltargetblank]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/940275646281998336[/tweet]

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Once again, no one is getting suspended. There will likely be some fines. But if you actually think there will be suspensions then you are most likely wrong.

Who here saw AJ Green put Ramsey in a chokehold, bring him to the ground, and then punch him multiple times in the helmet? No suspension for that. What our guys did was nothing compared to that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":t8mxdas1 said:
Once again, no one is getting suspended. There will likely be some fines. But if you actually think there will be suspensions then you are most likely wrong.

Who here saw AJ Green put Ramsey in a chokehold, bring him to the ground, and then punch him multiple times in the helmet? No suspension for that. What our guys did was nothing compared to that.

Rolling at a player with his back to you after the whistle is about as low as it gets IMO. I'm sure he'll just blow it off as "beasting out" like he did with his cheap shot to Dalton.

Exittium

Reaction score
BgQVSmz

Dude definitely grabbed his crotch but yeah he shoulda just left it at that and not roll on him

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Exittium":2h6m5idc said:
BgQVSmz

Dude definitely grabbed his crotch but yeah he shoulda just left it at that and not roll on him

Who grabs another man's junk? What a sick bastard.

I think he was trying to provoke Bennett, which he did. He's lucky he didn't leave the game with a concussion.

Jville

Reaction score
There is at least one distinction to be made between Bennett and Jefferson.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/940276605334753280[/tweet]

Jefferson is the young 24 year old challenger with limited experience working and fighting to establish himself at the NFL level.

Bennett is the 32 year old veteran who was extended and paid to provide core leadership. Unfortunately, 2017 may shape up as having been a little too big for Michael.

2_0_6

Reaction score
If Im Pete, Bennett & QJeff are suspended for the rest of the year. Period, end of story.

Pete needs to finally put his size 8 Velcro shoes down and do something about this. You cannot have a couple players let their tempers and personal issues be placed ahead of the other 51 guys on the squad.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3e1godqt said:
If Im Pete, Bennett & QJeff are suspended for the rest of the year. Period, end of story.

Pete needs to finally put his size 8 Velcro shoes down and do something about this. You cannot have a couple players let their tempers and personal issues be placed ahead of the other 51 guys on the squad.

Oh please. This is football, not tennis. Let's not be patsies about this

That fan had no right to throw that at Jefferson. I would have tried to kick that fan's ass too

All Bennett did was swipe at the ball, which is fine. The Center decided to stand over him, which initiated the fight.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Scorpion05":sjqmflnp said:
Hawk_Nation":sjqmflnp said:

That fan had no right to throw that at Jefferson. I would have tried to kick that fan's ass too

All Bennett did was swipe at the ball, which is fine. The Center decided to stand over him, which initiated the fight.

You must have missed the ENTIRE PLAY.

Whistle blows, Lineman in standing yet MR. Cheap shot tackles him from behind. How would you feel if someone did this to Britt?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=mi ... &FORM=VIRE

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3df9yr3n said:
Scorpion05":3df9yr3n said:
Hawk_Nation":3df9yr3n said:

Whistle blows, Lineman in standing yet MR. Cheap shot tackles him from behind. How would you feel if someone did this to Britt?

He wrestled him to the ground after he got his junk grabbed. :roll:

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1xr22eae said:
Hawk_Nation":1xr22eae said:
Scorpion05":1xr22eae said:
Hawk_Nation":1xr22eae said:

So tackling him justifies that? Gotcha.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3kaqznk4 said:
hawknation2017":3kaqznk4 said:
Hawk_Nation":3kaqznk4 said:

No, getting his crotch grabbed justifies tackling him. It was a reasonable reaction, in the heat of the moment, to a low blow. It also justifies a penalty.

You want him to just sit there and take it? :34853_doh:

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1l8nlkxd said:
Hawk_Nation":1l8nlkxd said:
hawknation2017":1l8nlkxd said:
Hawk_Nation":1l8nlkxd said:

No, getting his crotch grabbed justifies tackling him. It was a reasonable reaction, in the heat of the moment, to a low blow. It also justifies a penalty.

Yup be the bigger man. So where did him tackling that guy get him?

Potentially suspended when his team now has the biggest game of the year.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":224u80qw said:
hawknation2017":224u80qw said:
Hawk_Nation":224u80qw said:
hawknation2017":224u80qw said:

Yup be the bigger man. So where did him tackling that guy get him?

Potentially suspended when his team now has the biggest game of the year.

I highly doubt he will be suspended. He wasn't even thrown out of the game.

When someone hits you in the gonads, it's a reasonable thing to react to in that moment. Will he be fined? Probably.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Answer me this honestly...

In your years watching the NFL:

A) How many times have you seen the Dline attempt to swipe the snap when the offense is in victory formation?
B) How many times have you see it work?

My answers, mainly when the Hawks lose a tight game and never.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Without going through this entire thread I will just say if you want to know if any of them will be suspended or fined or thrown out of the league or even executed, you should just wait until the league makes a decision and see what it is.

That was easy.