Backup QB?

Chawker

Reaction score
I'm tell ya, this kid is a hard core competitor. His college record was like 52-4. If he was challenged by his mother to a boxing match, he'd drop her in the first 30 seconds, out of respect and his competitive nature.

All the bs aside I think he would be a good fit for the type of offense we run here in Seattle.

Chawker

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":ip78mzy3 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1168223905242386438[/tweet]

My god! Somebody help bill with getting the cork back in the bottle, before he signs somebody good. :irishdrinkers:

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":257vhfyq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1168228320854642689[/tweet]

Well if true, that's what everyone figured then-just roster maneuvering. Geno will be a solid backup and looked very good the last 2 preseason games. No qualms at all.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks we should take a shot at McGough as our backup? The only reason why he left Seattle is because he wanted a shot at being on the active roster of the Jags, and now he's on the TEXAN's practice squad. Couldn't we pluck him as our backup?

Edit: I just think McGough has a higher ceiling and I'm not sure we keep Geno next year, so why not get McGough in now, get him back into our system as our backup QB for multiple years...?

jmahon316

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":8zn50r0p said:
To put him on the roster, we would have to cut someone else.

I'm speaking post-Clowney trade, when we have a spot open as is intended to do so with Geno.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
jmahon316":3vhqzm8t said:
Am I the only one who thinks we should take a shot at McGough as our backup? The only reason why he left Seattle is because he wanted a shot at being on the active roster of the Jags, and now he's on the TEXAN's practice squad. Couldn't we pluck him as our backup?

Edit: I just think McGough has a higher ceiling and I'm not sure we keep Geno next year, so why not get McGough in now, get him back into our system as our backup QB for multiple years...?

I don’t understand the logic of signing a backup based on the hope he’ll be good. Say what you want about Geno, if Russ somehow missed a drive, or a quarter, or even a game. I would still feel we could win with the right game plan. McGough? Not so much. Not sure why you’d want to take that risk based on a dream

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with this I guess. But I think Alex is more about money than football. Worry about football first and prove yourself, then the money will come. Don't get ahead of yourself.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think anybody is surprised. Schneider knows how to manipulate a roster. :twisted:

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":28lxrw0a said:
I don't think anybody is surprised. Schneider knows how to manipulate a roster. :twisted:

A little of that for sure, a lot about knowing the other 31 teams and their tendencies and what to expect from them, he is a great Chess player, doesn't win every time but has a pretty good win loss record doing this.