Please help to compare Sam Howell with '24 QB corp.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Lol. How many other nfl qb's threw 21 int' s last year? Context doesn't win games. Good qb play does, and so far, Howell hasn't shown he can be a good qb yet. Pathetic, indeed.
I would not go into 2026 with NFL interception leader as my QB1.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lol. How many other nfl qb's threw 21 int' s last year? Context doesn't win games. Good qb play does, and so far, Howell hasn't shown he can be a good qb yet. Pathetic, indeed.
How many QB's on your list played even one down in the NFL last year? Kid got no help from his OC his defense or his O line.

Here are his numbers to compare to yours.

Last edited:

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Howell also had more passing attempts than any other QB in the NFL. His interception rate was 3.4% which is better than Nick Milens (5.4%), Bailley Zappe (4.2%), Jimmy Garrapollo (4.1%) and Mac Jones (3.5%), it wasn't far behind Josh Allen (3.1%).

There is a lot more to good QB play than interception rates and there are a lot of things that affect the interception rate other than the skill fo the QB. What we don't know is how many interceptions Howell would throw if he starts for the Seahawks next seaason and how that compared to wht Bo Nix would do. (Or more importantly how many games we would win).

In a direct comparison between Bo Nix (if available at 16) and Sam Howell, if we say they are equal quality would you prefer a QB on $1m p.a. for 2 years and the 16th overall pick or a QB on $3m p.a for 4 years and a 5th round draft pick?. Probably not much in it.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Michael Lombardi (former GM) said he thinks Howell is better than most of these QB's outside of Caleb.

WarHawks

Reaction score
In a direct comparison between Bo Nix (if available at 16) and Sam Howell, if we say they are equal quality would you prefer a QB on $1m p.a. for 2 years and the 16th overall pick or a QB on $3m p.a for 4 years and a 5th round draft pick?. Probably not much in it.
Nix led the NCAA with only 4 int's last year. Howell and Nix are not equal, so your hypothetical isn't really valid. But even so, I'll play along, and I would prefer the cheap rookie contract and a higher potential ceiling with Nix. Howell is not likely to be more than a backup. Nix could be a plus starter.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I read that Seahawks may draft Milton in the final rounds as a developmental project. I guess something is better than nothing.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I read that Seahawks may draft Milton in the final rounds as a developmental project. I guess something is better than nothing.
I was on the Milton train during the regular season even though Tennesse’s offense is very basic and easy to make QBs look better than what they really are than I saw him at the Senior Bowl, Milton looked awful.

Maybe a flyer as an UDFA

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Nix led the NCAA with only 4 int's last year. Howell and Nix are not equal, so your hypothetical isn't really valid. But even so, I'll play along, and I would prefer the cheap rookie contract and a higher potential ceiling with Nix. Howell is not likely to be more than a backup. Nix could be a plus starter.
right now, Nix and Howell? they are dead even. Howell may even outperform him if he was starting for the hawks. There isn't that much difference between the two.

Latest posts