Babineaux calling out Bevell

IcedHawk

Reaction score
In the Neaux you role segment. Not feeding Lynch down in the goal line.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The man makes an outstanding point. Give the flippen ball to the Beast! Why is it so hard to figure that out?? No need to get cute in the red zone, and man has he done that a lot. :pukeface:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hell even give it to Turbin, if Bevell hates Lynch so much in those instances.

Roll with a goal-line package. of 3 TE, with Willson and Davis on the O-Line. Miller and Robinson lined up in the backfield with Lynch or Turbin.

You'd have 3 guys who at least are 6-5, 250 pounds... a FB who is 6-0, 240 and an RB that weighs at least 215.

Its a package you can run or throw out of... you can attack any part of the defense you'd want without telegraphing anything... even a QB run could be plausible out this formation.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Babs is absolutely right. Bevell needs to know his role... getting the team into the endzone by any means. Those best means especially within 5 yards is Lynch.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2vhu87b7 said:
Hell even give it to Turbin, if Bevell hates Lynch so much in those instances.

Roll with a goal-line package. of 3 TE, with Willson and Davis on the O-Line. Miller and Robinson lined up in the backfield with Lynch or Turbin.

You'd have 3 guys who at least are 6-5, 250 pounds... a FB who is 6-0, 240 and an RB that weighs at least 215.

Its a package you can run or throw out of... you can attack any part of the defense you'd want without telegraphing anything... even a QB run could be plausible out this formation.

This!
Heavy/Goal line package, Lynch punches it in with the option to play action to one of the TE's.

A

Anonymous

Devils advocate here! pleased to meet ya!

Ok, so, what do you think that the defense is thinking we'll do within the five yard line?

Run Beastmode, right?

Think we might have been thinking they'll expect that and we'd better run something alternative?

Hendo66

Reaction score
The alternative is drop it off to a TE. We have 3 of them, even K. Davis caught a TD earlier this year.

CFL Country

Reaction score
Isnt the first time Lynch been ignored. Hes p off and rightly so. Fantastic player. Now shouldnt Carroll b stepping in by now? Shouldnt he b overiding Bevell with these issues? Carroll a nice guy maybe too nice Cmon Pete take charge here

Basis4day

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3v9j0ubh said:

Ok, so, what do you think that the defense is thinking we'll do within the five yard line?

Run Beastmode, right?

Think we might have been thinking they'll expect that and we'd better run something alternative?

You don't need to play devils advocate. This is exactly what Pete said they were doing.

jblaze

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":jludzax4 said:

Run Beastmode, right?

This is kind of what I was thinking Bevell was doing. That and Wilson is a great scrambler and a threat to run it in at any time as well. Not to mention he tends to stretch the play out to the sideline and it's really hard to guard the WR's and TE's that long and it leaves them open in the back of the end zone a lot of times.

That said, the precedent has been set now that he doesn't give it to Lynch on the goal line so perhaps it's time to go the other way?

I actually think the TE initially blocking and then running a shallow cross is a great move and works pretty well most times. I absolutely loved that one where Miller faked the cut block and then ran open for a pass, it was genius.

Basis4day

Reaction score
CFL Country":23aklin3 said:
Isnt the first time Lynch been ignored. Hes p off and rightly so. Fantastic player. Now shouldnt Carroll b stepping in by now? Shouldnt he b overiding Bevell with these issues? Carroll a nice guy maybe too nice Cmon Pete take charge here

You're assuming Pete is unhappy with it. If he is unhappy, he will change it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I dare say the thinking is to have the ball in Wilson's hands to make the play one way or another.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I can see feeding Lynch on 1st down but by all means, don't be predictable and just slam him in 3 times in a row and fail.

I wouldn't want any of our coaches to be influenced by public back seat drivers asking to just use Lynch in there all the time. You have to have the ability to run a TE drag bootleg or something else to keep the defense honest.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jblaze":16mh1c53 said:
HoustonHawk82":16mh1c53 said:

Run Beastmode, right?

This is kind of what I was thinking Bevell was doing. That and Wilson is a great scrambler and a threat to run it in at any time as well. Not to mention he tends to stretch the play out to the sideline and it's really hard to guard the WR's and TE's that long and it leaves them open in the back of the end zone a lot of times.

That said, the precedent has been set now that he doesn't give it to Lynch on the goal line so perhaps it's time to go the other way?

I actually think the TE initially blocking and then running a shallow cross is a great move and works pretty well most times. I absolutely loved that one where Miller faked the cut block and then ran open for a pass, it was genius.

This guy gets it.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
I don't care if Bevell runs or passes when there on the goal line. I wish he would at least use a formation that shows that we may run Lynch. Then if he wants to pass use play action, the defense has too respect the run.

He keeps trying to split the defense down in the red zone and it does not work. Defense isn't going to do it with Wilson as a running threat up the middle.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3su7pgd9 said:

Run Beastmode, right?

The problem is that they have no reason to expect a run. Because we...never...run.

253hawk

Reaction score
Frickin' Shaun Alexander scored 20 of his 27 TD's from within 8 yards of the goal line. I think Lynch could probably manage...

rideaducati

Reaction score
Lynch hasn't been as healthy as we want him to be down the stretch. That may be a reason for the red zone passes, still, they have got to run it more.

seabowl

Reaction score
253hawk":2wgq6s5n said:
Frickin' Shaun Alexander scored 20 of his 27 TD's from within 8 yards of the goal line. I think Lynch could probably manage...

Could have just a little to do with...

Future HOF- Walter Jones

and

Probable HOF- Steve Huchinson

blocking for him!!!!

Latest posts