Avatars for your profiles. Load them up people!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2jdfn5xm said:
I'm surprised the mods here don't just have a theme avatar for everyone to use. Like a little school uniform for .NET.
Hmm....intriguing tell me more.;)

I go with something female obviously mostly to make HH's, Chris's and PMed's job harder to find me a suitable avatar for the theme deal. You ask why do that? Well the answer should be obvious. :mrgreen:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

The hot tip is to link to an already-modified file that you have saved on your Photobucket account.

Use manipulation software to crop or touch up, save and upload to your free pic-site library, then copy a link to it to your clipboard. Go back to .NET and into your user profile to edit your avatar. Paste the link into the "link to URL" box and submit. Done.

The system has a 150 x 150 size limit, and will automatically adjust your copied file to that size. Be mindful of the dimensions of your file while you are in the modification stage and select the option to crop it to perfect square for best results. It is possible to adjust the pixel sizes to cure a skew should you uploaded pic be weird.

crosfam

Reaction score
Mine is the "almost" helmet . The Hawks wanted to wear silver at home and blue on the road, or vice versa. NFL said no. We had a vote and blue won (as most of you probably know - and voted).

I do miss the silver, but our most of our glory years have been in blue.

two dog

Reaction score
I have no idea how to add an avatar.
How do I do that ?

I know, I know, a child can do it. Well I'm not a child and I
have not been able to do it yet. Help please.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3s00bsas said:
Sac, although the "bulge" was funny for a few seconds, no.

Although certain users have avatars in rotation which bring HH both amusement and pleasure (thank you, Frost!), it is those users that have no avatar or signature graphics at all that HH is speaking to in his topic of encouragement. HH is pleased that a few of you have taken this opportunity to share the origins of your avatar. He finds this helpful to the cause. Thanks!

Again, I blame Tapatalk (and others) which strips our well-conceived, one-stop-shop of blue and green pigskin nirvana, into a football speed-dating text application in Cleveland colors. This puppy took YEARS to mold into the visual and user-friendly shelter-from-bullshit it is, and to see a huge number of members only use about 15% of what they have in front of them (because they wanna do it one-handed), well... that just sucks. Boring!

If you want help making a avi-meme or a "moving" avi, the grand master of the avis, SacHawk2.0, is both cheap and resourceful. Sac works off the barter system, so...

Also, if you take a boogie down into the multimedia forum, several kind and graphically-gifted members (who do this stuff for a living) can customize your stuff for you tight. My Ferrari sig was done by Kitsap, for example.

All you gotta do is ask. Seriously. HH is happy to assist you too.
Your welcome if your referring to me. I was actually thinking of changing my avatar because no one ever reads anything I post they just comment on my avatar. :lol:

netskier

Reaction score
Your avatar is perfect for the "first link needed" boobs thread.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
SeahawkFrost":27j73trv said:
Your welcome if your referring to me. I was actually thinking of changing my avatar because no one ever reads anything I post they just comment on my avatar. :lol:
You post stuff besides your avatar?

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":2m7hdjio said:
SeahawkFrost":2m7hdjio said:
Ha ha exactly!

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Chuck Heston in 'The Omega Man', one of my favorite movies I watched with my Dad when I was a kid. Adapted from the novel, "Last Man on Earth', by Richard Matheson.

The Omega Man Poster

TheOmegaManvampires

Heston omega man

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":22zh6yok said:
SeahawkFrost":22zh6yok said:

Whoa...wait a sec here...SeahawkFrost actually posted??? I see someone quoted him and read words. I dont recall seeing this....before. :mrgreen: :stirthepot:

OrFan

Reaction score
"You can't teach an old dog new tricks." This pretty much explains why I don't have an avatar. I don't have the time to learn. My regular job takes up 40 hours per week. My mining job, my own mine, takes about another 50 hours per week. Taking care of legal garbage to satisfy the government idiots takes a few more. The time left after that is too valuable to learn new computer basics that everyone else thinks is child's play.

I post once in a while and read as much as I can. For me to do more would be a waste of valuable time.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

two dog":1zf7efhv said:
I have no idea how to add an avatar.
How do I do that ?

I know, I know, a child can do it. Well I'm not a child and I
have not been able to do it yet. Help please.

My post above touches on the basic process...

HoustonHawk82":1zf7efhv said:
The hot tip is to link to an already-modified file that you have saved on your Photobucket account.

Use manipulation software to crop or touch up, save and upload to your free pic-site library, then copy a link to it to your clipboard. Go back to .NET and into your user profile to edit your avatar. Paste the link into the "link to URL" box and submit. Done.

The system has a 150 x 150 size limit, and will automatically adjust your copied file to that size. Be mindful of the dimensions of your file while you are in the modification stage and select the option to crop it to perfect square for best results. It is possible to adjust the pixel sizes to cure a skew should you uploaded pic be weird.

If you are viewing "full site", among the choices you have in the upper right is one called "User Control Panel". Within those choices across from the left, select the "profile" tab. Under profile your third choice down is "user avatar".

Viola! This is the field you will use to upload an avatar based on my instructions above.

If you don't have a photobucket account, one can be set up for free. There are other options, but hosting off-sight sites allow you to house a larger digital .jpg file, copy the "link URL" address under their "share-with" directory, and our software will adjust-down the URL link file to fit automatically when you paste the link into the "link offsite" line. You can leave the other check boxes blank.

If you have a small enough file, you can upload it to our server as well.

Before you submit, you can manipulate its size to a maximum of 150x150. Mine is set to 145 X 145 and I think that's large enough, but that's just me.

:mrgreen:

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

SeahawkFrost":2i3ebw6k said:
HoustonHawk82":2i3ebw6k said:

Although certain users have avatars in rotation which bring HH both amusement and pleasure (thank you, Frost!), it is those users that have no avatar or signature graphics at all that HH is speaking to in his topic of encouragement. HH is pleased that a few of you have taken this opportunity to share the origins of your avatar. He finds this helpful to the cause. Thanks!

Again, I blame Tapatalk (and others) which strips our well-conceived, one-stop-shop of blue and green pigskin nirvana, into a football speed-dating text application in Cleveland colors. This puppy took YEARS to mold into the visual and user-friendly shelter-from-bullshit it is, and to see a huge number of members only use about 15% of what they have in front of them (because they wanna do it one-handed), well... that just sucks. Boring!

If you want help making a avi-meme or a "moving" avi, the grand master of the avis, SacHawk2.0, is both cheap and resourceful. Sac works off the barter system, so...

Also, if you take a boogie down into the multimedia forum, several kind and graphically-gifted members (who do this stuff for a living) can customize your stuff for you tight. My Ferrari sig was done by Kitsap, for example.

Frost,

Yes, it is you that I speak of.

Took me a minute to respond as I had to place a strip of duct tape over half my screen before your post was visible.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
MizzouHawkGal":35wcumvn said:
Scottemojo":35wcumvn said:
I'm surprised the mods here don't just have a theme avatar for everyone to use. Like a little school uniform for .NET.
Hmm....intriguing tell me more.;)

I go with something female obviously mostly to make HH's, Chris's and PMed's job harder to find me a suitable avatar for the theme deal. You ask why do that? Well the answer should be obvious. :mrgreen:

Hmm. We are due for an en masse Mod avatar change.... Seahawks cheerleaders, maybe? Of course, Jo, you'd have to come up with something suitably different.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

You know, we could put people's EYES out with an administratively applied avatar enslaught.

I mean, what if Hawks46 woke up one day to the side of Cole Trickle's race car?

Better yet; FlyHawksFly gets a pick of a housefly with Bruce Irvin's arms flapping?

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":eu04h8cq said:
SeahawkFrost":eu04h8cq said:
HoustonHawk82":eu04h8cq said:

Frost,

Yes, it is you that I speak of.

Took me a minute to respond as I had to place a strip of duct tape over half my screen before your post was visible.
Ha ha nice, it is my pleasure to bring a little amusement and joy into the forums.

Greenhell

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":13ur09yl said:
Mine is of The Edgar, our Boston/Pug mix
He was a great dog, lost him to cancer on April 1st.

My dogs are my kids and a big part of my life. DOGS RULE! I'm sorry for your loss.