Austin Calitro Cut, re-signed fullback Nick Bellore

cheese22

Reaction score
Even if Bellore can play some LB, I don't understand why a run first team wouldn't prioritize having a good FB. The highest paid FB's make pennies compared to other positions. Having a good blocking FB that is a threat in the passing game can be a huge weapon. The way they value TE's that can block makes it even more confusing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we could still see an IR for Shaquem with his knee, we are deep at LB at the moment. As I stated they are juggling things.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":3pr2ew5v said:
I can't for the life of me understand why they are keeping Shaquem Griffin.
Honestly at this point I think it's just the feel good story keeping him here.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Those who are surprised that S. griffin is still here better go back and listen to Ken Norton talk about him. They love him, his play and his motor. He was hurt, so didn’t get to play a lot in PS, but as KN said he has impressed throughout the offseason. He can play multiple positions and is a ridiculous pass rusher. Not surprised he is still here.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This out of all moves and players gone is the most upsetting to me. Austin looked solid and played like his hair was on fire which is saying a lot since he’s bald.

If anything couldn’t you have had Calitro learn to be a FB this off-season especially after the draft. Guy seems like he could have handle being a lead blocker.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
Yeah.....but what do his team mates think? It just seems creepy to me that the brothers are so inseparable. Do they even hang out with their team mates?

TreeRon

Reaction score
We keep hearing that Squem is a ridiculous pass rusher. When are we going to see it?

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
He will run around and around and around, not knowing where he is and where he's going.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He played like a future strong side linebacker in the preseason. I hope he can make it to the practice squad or something.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1168660730402365440[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1168661187359195137[/tweet]

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Shaquem had one really bad game. Good grief, Calitro has made mistakes on the field too.

Perception seriously is reality on this board. All these absolute declarations that Shaquem is just a feel good story who can’t do anything and he HAS NOT even played in his 2nd year lol. Calitro meanwhile has already been on 3 different teams

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":2m14vxfj said:
You have to look around the league and see if teams have better or contracts they have to honor, gamble yes but teams all over are trading and juggling right now, but Brown didn't get picked up (off waivers) either. Hard to predict really what teams will do until what after the first week when Vets can be resigned and not guaranteed I think.

Brown was a vested veteran and not subject to the waiver process. Once we cut him, he was free to sign with any team he wanted to. That's why we cut him rather than someone that's not vested, so we didn't have to risk him not clearing waivers.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I guess they think Barton is ready to start if needed. I guess we'll find out, at some point there going to have to play the 4rth LB. Hopefully they won't have to go any deeper than that.

BBK isn't ready yet and Griffin is injured and who knows what he is at this point in terms of ability. This move doesn't make any sense unless BBK is a lot further along than we think. I heard Pete's press conference today the move sounded final we'll see.

xray

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2sygmtnx said:
I can't for the life of me understand why they are keeping Shaquem Griffin.

Calitro goes before Griffin ? HUH ?

xray

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1s5bk7ya said:
Shaquem had one really bad game. Good grief, Calitro has made mistakes on the field too.

Perception seriously is reality on this board. All these absolute declarations that Shaquem is just a feel good story who can’t do anything and he HAS NOT even played in his 2nd year lol. Calitro meanwhile has already been on 3 different teams
Shaquem is not a NFL LB. He stays for STs . That's it . IMO

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Is Shaquem really a better ST player than Calitro?? If so is he that much better to warrant the roster spot?

Fade

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2su9xhed said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1168630599583535104[/tweet]

@ Condotta, they barely use a fullback period.

Latest posts